Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 31011121314 LastLast

On 2007-01-26 05:33, BloodDragoon wrote:
    On 2007-01-26 00:35, nefarious wrote:
    I'm so sick of the fact that there are areas that are "better" to do runs on, because otherwise you're just literally wasting time.

And screw PS2.

360 and PC could have new content/updates if they had put ps2 on an island of retarded obsoletion and hardware inferiority, and let 360/PC share a server, or just be on thier own.

The lack of ability to actually expand/update... is a fatal flaw.

EVERY mainstream successful MMO (Besides for PSO I think... I don't think PSO could update, I dunno, I never played it much) has had the ability to do more than just "unlock" pre-existing content.

I dare someone to name one, that has lacked that ability. (Besides for PSO)

Someone go start up a private server for PSU PC and put an EXP mod on, and release custom content, please?
    PS2 would be cheat free if PC wasn't linked to it... >.>

Everquest on PS2 really didn't have any ability to store massive patches for content updates.

PSU PC private server? Well you still have Gameguard for protection so expect cheat city there...

All PSU PS2 needs is HDD support. The game would probably run alot smoother with it. I can be in the middle of Aht Urgran Whitegate on FFXI with my PS2 and not have any real load lag issues like I do on PSU.
    If I'm not mistaken Sony is/was/already has dropped support of the HDD, basically because everyone abused it, and used it for piracy and stuff. In a nutshell.

HDD support would have been nice, in theory. BUT... They don't make them anymore. The new Slimline doesn't have the ability to even USE a HDD... In short, enabling it, would have been for a niche audience, and requiring it would have nerfed the PS2 user base.

Though I'm not terribly familiar with EQ on PS2, I'd guess not that many people played it, which would quasi-disqualify it from the MMO category and just make it an online RPG. Just like I don't really count Champions of Norath as an MMO.

On 2007-01-26 09:59, Ryogen wrote:
    let 360/PC share a server
    X360 don't want anything to do with PC. We dont want your problems.

or just be on thier own.
    Please read the entire post. kthxbai.

ALSO ...

ST's efforts would be less spread out if everyone were on one server. Just a thought. Nothing more. Nothing less. We all know ST isn't going to listen, or change anything.

On 2007-01-26 19:05, nefarious wrote:
    On 2007-01-26 09:59, Ryogen wrote:
    let 360/PC share a server
    X360 don't want anything to do with PC. We dont want your problems.

or just be on thier own.
    Please read the entire post. kthxbai.

ALSO ...

ST's efforts would be less spread out if everyone were on one server. Just a thought. Nothing more. Nothing less. We all know ST isn't going to listen, or change anything.
    If PS2/PC servers were split, both would probably be a lot more legit. PS2 for obvious reasons, but PC could get actual client patches instead of unlocks since it's not linked to the static PS2 (which probably can't handle server changes.)

Gears of War fanboys on 360. I don't usually run into them, and they don't really care that I play PSU.

It's fairly repetive.

On 2007-01-26 19:08, Yuicihi wrote:
    Gears of War fanboys on 360. I don't usually run into them, and they don't really care that I play PSU.

It's fairly repetive.
    Gears_Of_War != Hype_Gears_Of_War

On 2007-01-26 19:00, nefarious wrote:
    On 2007-01-26 05:33, BloodDragoon wrote:
    I'm so sick of the fact that there are areas that are "better" to do runs on, because otherwise you're just literally wasting time.

And screw PS2.

360 and PC could have new content/updates if they had put ps2 on an island of retarded obsoletion and hardware inferiority, and let 360/PC share a server, or just be on thier own.

The lack of ability to actually expand/update... is a fatal flaw.

EVERY mainstream successful MMO (Besides for PSO I think... I don't think PSO could update, I dunno, I never played it much) has had the ability to do more than just "unlock" pre-existing content.

I dare someone to name one, that has lacked that ability. (Besides for PSO)

Someone go start up a private server for PSU PC and put an EXP mod on, and release custom content, please?
    PS2 would be cheat free if PC wasn't linked to it... >.>

Everquest on PS2 really didn't have any ability to store massive patches for content updates.

PSU PC private server? Well you still have Gameguard for protection so expect cheat city there...

All PSU PS2 needs is HDD support. The game would probably run alot smoother with it. I can be in the middle of Aht Urgran Whitegate on FFXI with my PS2 and not have any real load lag issues like I do on PSU.
    If I'm not mistaken Sony is/was/already has dropped support of the HDD, basically because everyone abused it, and used it for piracy and stuff. In a nutshell.

HDD support would have been nice, in theory. BUT... They don't make them anymore. The new Slimline doesn't have the ability to even USE a HDD... In short, enabling it, would have been for a niche audience, and requiring it would have nerfed the PS2 user base.

Though I'm not terribly familiar with EQ on PS2, I'd guess not that many people played it, which would quasi-disqualify it from the MMO category and just make it an online RPG. Just like I don't really count Champions of Norath as an MMO.
    Niche? Maybe if you look in the US since FFXI came out on PC over here first however it came out on PS2 in japan before anything else and the game was sold out for awhile regardless of the price due to the HDD being included with it. And given consideration how many players from FFXI either played or are still playing PSU, atleast adding HDD support should have been an option. As is I might import a PS3 just to play Front Mission Online since SE decided to be pricks and not port the thing to the US. Other than that though I think there was only 1 other HDD enabled game on the PS2 which was the only title not made by SE...

I think Japan actually had the option to buy the HDD seperately as well. In the US it was only available with FFXI on the PS2. That limited availability and they fact it was effectively too little, too late is what lead to it tapering off...

On 2007-01-26 19:25, BloodDragoon wrote

Niche? Maybe if you look in the US since FFXI came out on PC over here first however it came out on PS2 in japan before anything else and the game was sold out for awhile regardless of the price due to the HDD being included with it. And given consideration how many players from FFXI either played or are still playing PSU, atleast adding HDD support should have been an option. As is I might import a PS3 just to play Front Mission Online since SE decided to be pricks and not port the thing to the US. Other than that though I think there was only 1 other HDD enabled game on the PS2 which was the only title not made by SE...

I think Japan actually had the option to buy the HDD seperately as well. In the US it was only available with FFXI on the PS2. That limited availability and they fact it was effectively too little, too late is what lead to it tapering off...
    So, in short...

"Alot" of people might have a HDD, so ST should have made PSU support it, in some way.

You hate SE because they didn't bring a game you wanted over here...

And, you like sharing anecdotal information, and going off on tangents.

Did I miss anything?

BITCHES DONT KNOW BOUT MY 'RURU KNUCKLES X3 Merumeru's Avatar

XP because i am begging for end-game content in what i thought would be a much longer gaming experience

The desert music( not the valley ) for Moatoob is my favorite music in PSU; besides the Bruce's Dungeon of course. goooo retro!!

This is a sad time for PSU and what few legit players remain will have to pull together and make for a safe and fun gaming environment. Many people have left to play other online games full time and that is sad enough, but now...

THE DUPING IS BACK!!! Yes,once again we must face this threat to our fair game. We have weathered the duping before and we will again. Unite and meet...oh wait, Server 15 is empty
    Cheating is just an admission of personal inadequacy.

item synth is not fun, you have to register your character online for online not on your memory card you can only use it online...stuff like that...