Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Human Ability..

Maybe newmans should get the ability to cast TECHNICs as non-forces. Sure, they'll suffer from bad TP... but they won't be useless at everything non-techer.

Some people here clearly have not mastered the concept of race/class balance in MMOs.

On 2007-01-26 19:35, Laranas wrote:
    Maybe newmans should get the ability to cast TECHNICs as non-forces. Sure, they'll suffer from bad TP... but they won't be useless at everything non-techer.
    i aint useless and i am no where near anything techer *pissed off face*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VanHalen on 2007-01-26 19:39 ]</font>

On 2007-01-26 19:38, VanHalen wrote:
    On 2007-01-26 19:35, Laranas wrote:
    i aint useless and i am no where near anything techer *pissed off face*
    Ok ok not useless... but nothing special as anything non-techer.

there are peopel who like to create unique, original characters. Ragnarok online for instance, people dare to use basic classes, those that are limited severely by their ability up until they reach their high-level points. i highly respect people who think outside the box in terms of character design - this includes character class, weaponry, PA/tech combinations

Newmen Activist

On 2007-01-26 18:10, BloodDragoon wrote:
    Why not just send humans to the asylum for criminally insane robots... >.>

Game balance is fine as is. Humans dont have a special ability because their stats ARE their special ability. They rate 2nd or 3rd in every stat category. Every other race has extremes to deal with. Numans excel hugely in regards to technics. If you choose a class that doesn't use these then don't complain. You don't hear that cast fortetecher asking for cast specific units that add 500 TP so they can toss techs like a newman...

That and a majority of the "suggestions" in this thread either make no logical sense, are game breaking, or were posted as a joke...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BloodDragoon on 2007-01-26 18:10 ]</font>
    Hmm you must be a cast user. figures >_>

Ragnarok Online was a game that didn't require you to get a party to level. You needed a party to hunt MVPs, but in 90% of the cases I experienced you could solo to 99 if you had to. PSU almost requires a group to get anything done fast, and groups like proficiency, so while I love someone who dares to make a FOcast, I'd rather pickup the FOnewm for my TECHNIC support.

On 2007-01-26 20:01, NisukeReach wrote:
    there are peopel who like to create unique, original characters. Ragnarok online for instance, people dare to use basic classes, those that are limited severely by their ability up until they reach their high-level points. i highly respect people who think outside the box in terms of character design - this includes character class, weaponry, PA/tech combinations
    I still remember seeing a guild in RO called "Noobs of Legend" Nothing but very high level novices lol.

On 2007-01-26 20:07, Laranas wrote:
    Ragnarok Online was a game that didn't require you to get a party to level.
    You, uhh, don't need a party in PSU for anything except Bruce, so...

On 2007-01-26 20:07, JaiBlue wrote:
    On 2007-01-26 18:10, BloodDragoon wrote:
    Why not just send humans to the asylum for criminally insane robots... >.>

Game balance is fine as is. Humans dont have a special ability because their stats ARE their special ability. They rate 2nd or 3rd in every stat category. Every other race has extremes to deal with. Numans excel hugely in regards to technics. If you choose a class that doesn't use these then don't complain. You don't hear that cast fortetecher asking for cast specific units that add 500 TP so they can toss techs like a newman...

That and a majority of the "suggestions" in this thread either make no logical sense, are game breaking, or were posted as a joke...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BloodDragoon on 2007-01-26 18:10 ]</font>
    Hmm you must be a cast user. figures >_>
    First character I made was a female cast. Currently my main. Eventually it will end up as a secondary since every online game I play my first character always gets replaced by another for my main character. I have a Male cast which will probably be my main eventually, a male newman, and a female beast. Races? meh I just wanted to make sure I could use any outfit or part that sega sticks in the game. Doesn't matter if there is human exclusive items added later. I'll collect them just to have them. Or I'll finally get the urge to use them and start up a second acct just to make a human...

If you look at rpgs in general, regardless of setting, humans were always a normal or well rounded race. Giving them things that make them excel at a specific areas is really more inhuman from that perspective. Human stat spread doesn't really have statistical strengths but it lacks weaknesses also. It's ideal for flexibility which allows them to perform any job or play any class decently.