Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

PSU isn't set up to in any way shape or form facilitate RP. Meaning it's a very poor enviornment for RP.

Similar to how outerspace is a poor enviornment for breathing.

... In short... if you attempt to RP and suffocate...
    Don't act surprised.

Just make sure you bake the cake before hiding the newearl in it... >.>

Though they're more fun covered in chocolate syrup...

On 2007-01-26 19:30, BloodDragoon wrote:

True, but the cake joke is something me and Van came up with way back in October.

On 2007-01-26 19:32, foamcup wrote:
    On 2007-01-26 19:30, BloodDragoon wrote:

True, but the cake joke is something me and Van came up with way back in October.
    YES i remember that that was during the newman supremacy lol

If you don't want to roleplay, then don't roleplay. Arguing in this thread is kinda pointless on why people shouldn't roleplay. If there was no roleplay, we have no imagination. There would be no video games, no comic books, not even fiction literature.

Sometimes people get greater ideas from a simple idea that someone made up. I can't name an example off the top of my head, but i can tell you there are tons of them out there.

I don't know if what Akaimizu does with his characters would be considered roleplay, but it's a lot more interesting than the usual fake-olde-fantasy drivel that annoys the FUCK out of me when I hear it in most games that attract roleplayers.

On 2007-01-25 23:54, Slickk wrote:
    this game sucks. i like real mmorpg's like ff11. bye. send me im on any of my screen names
    Lol...
    FFXI is less fun than this imo~nyo.
    Not action-based enough~nyo.
    All you do is either hit auto-attack, macros that cast spells/use abilities/shoot for you, and use a bit of strategy~nyo.

There's not enough interaction in battle compared to PSU~nyo. There's no realistic way to avoid getting hit in FFXI (magic and "dodging" doesn't count). Even if you tried to run away from a battle, monsters can still magically hit you as you're running~nyo.

I got bored watching the game play itself for me most of the time, and that made me quit~nyo.

Ok, about roleplaying~nyo:

I play a girl and act similarly to one~nyo (No, I will not "roleplay" with men~nyo. That's just creepy~nyo...) Probably similarly to that of a Japanese schoolgirl~nyo. =x
    Lets me have more fun while playing the game~nyo.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kirip-san on 2007-01-26 19:55 ]</font>

On 2007-01-26 19:52, Kirip-san wrote:
    On 2007-01-25 23:54, Slickk wrote:
    this game sucks. i like real mmorpg's like ff11. bye. send me im on any of my screen names
    Lol...
    FFXI is less fun than this imo~nyo.
    Not action-based enough~nyo.
    All you do is either hit auto-attack, macros that cast spells/use abilities/shoot for you, and use a bit of strategy~nyo.

There's not enough interaction in battle compared to PSU~nyo. There's no realistic way to avoid getting hit in FFXI (magic and "dodging" doesn't count). Even if you tried to run away from a battle, monsters can still magically hit you as you're running~nyo.

I got bored watching the game play itself for me most of the time, and that made me quit~nyo.
    lol.

FFXI has alot of downfalls.

Lack of stuff to do durring battle is not one of them.

You could argue that too much is macrobased... but you could argue that PSU is usually nothing but mashing the same attack/pa and same button 90% of the time.

When you get past the total lowbie/newbie levels... there's -always- something to do. Saying otherwise is ignorant, which is understandable if you never made it that far, but the fact of the matter is that battles become much more dynamic at later levels, with much more to do that just "sit there"

That said..

I'm still sick of FFXI.

And even my previously loved 75thf with capped evasion that can solo chains... does not offer enough entertainment to make me wanna play.

I'm not quite sure how I got here, and I've forgotten a lot of what I knew prior to getting here. All I know is, the Gurhal system sucks ass. How can an entire solar system have only ONE bar and ONE club, and there's not a single drop of booze in the bar and the club's always closed? I've wanted to try towns other than Holtes, Clyez, Ohtoku and Dagora, but nobody lets me go there. Not only that, there are very few interesting people to interact with, and the ones that do are pretty much in the same boat that I'm on: The only fun thing to do is kill stuff and bullshit while doing so. I don't know about the rest of you citizens of Gurhal, but I have nothing to fight for aside from trying to have some fun. The world apparently only needs saving from all the Prohibitionist assholes that run this system and hide somewhere I can't go to, so there's nothing I can do but kill the SEED that keep on invading.

On 2007-01-26 20:11, Jife_Jifremok wrote:
    I'm not quite sure how I got here, and I've forgotten a lot of what I knew prior to getting here. All I know is, the Gurhal system sucks ass. How can an entire solar system have only ONE bar and ONE club, and there's not a single drop of booze in the bar and the club's always closed? I've wanted to try towns other than Holtes, Clyez, Ohtoku and Dagora, but nobody lets me go there. Not only that, there are very few interesting people to interact with, and the ones that do are pretty much in the same boat that I'm on: The only fun thing to do is kill stuff and bullshit while doing so. I don't know about the rest of you citizens of Gurhal, but I have nothing to fight for aside from trying to have some fun. The world apparently only needs saving from all the Prohibitionist assholes that run this system and hide somewhere I can't go to, so there's nothing I can do but kill the SEED that keep on invading.
    This is an amusing and accurate way of looking at PSU.