Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

Obviously the link is Rag Rappies!

i think dark falz was a seed, cause dimeanians look like the hive eneimies, and dark falz seems like a better translation of dulk fulkis, and dulks 2nd form is like falz 3rd, and i think ragol will be in the expansion in some way. BUT most def, the expansion will hopefully have the nostalgia i love to feel

On 2007-03-01 23:44, Asuri wrote:
    i think dark falz was a seed, cause dimeanians look like the hive eneimies, and dark falz seems like a better translation of dulk fulkis, and dulks 2nd form is like falz 3rd, and i think ragol will be in the expansion in some way. BUT most def, the expansion will hopefully have the nostalgia i love to feel
    I loved the dulk falkis battle, it was the coolest one in the game by far, and it OOZED nostalgia, the final form made me long for "Cry for IDOLA The Holy"...

i also noticed along while back that they reproduced the sorcerers as well, with the foie and ice blasts, OOZING i tell you

people complain that they don't want any PSO in their PSU, but it's already there! XD

Didn't they mention that the Profound Darkness was initially sealed into another dimension? What if Gurhal was that other dimension, and it's first emergence back into Algo was infact when the Confinement devices were activated, sending them through to the other side?

A bit of a long shot, but hey.
    um no. you fight the profound darkness in a realm called the edge. wich i think bears some semblence to the arena where you fight dark falz final form. dulk falkis final form is kinda similar but the trinity of planets kinda ruin it.

i love this but i fear the ps2 cant do justice to stages like CCA and the seabed(seabed is my favorite stage btw love that music) some areas in ep2 looked just as good if not better than psu areas.

fights we need to see!
    hildetorr vs bill de vear vs gibbles
    kireek vs magashi
    sil'fer vs karen
    dimmalous vs gal gryphon

can any psu monster stand up to a delbiter?

edit:i was just thinking applying psu physics to pso monsters could have some interesting results.
    like a delbiters charge knocking players around like bogga zubba

a gibbles punch knocking back a player like the second hit of rising strike etc.

gibbles jump stunning you

those squid guys and grass assassins ignoring your defence! it was nice knowing you fortetechers!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alisha on 2007-03-02 01:28 ]</font>

sig by gama
    Justina human female Te/Hu maybe braver soon
    Shayla newman female Br/Ra
    Alisha.EXE cast female Bo/Hu
    ship 02 team:none

I wish the dark SEED forms were as BA as the D-subs, with their moving glowing markings and whatnot, we need Belras! and Delsabers, and the Grass Assassin! and BOOMAS! (I will reclaim my title as the Booma Smiter!)
    Man I miss them all... I wonder how much trouble Mothmants could cause in PSU...

On 2007-03-02 01:15, Ronin_Cooper wrote:
    people complain that they don't want any PSO in their PSU, but it's already there! XD
    IT is definatly referenced in many ways, like the dragon being the first boss lol, in forest like setting, kinda similar

Chain of Hope Rogues Leader

hmmmm, it would be nice to see how this Zina fairs in pso type atmosphere, oh crap that means I have to re-write her back-story. oh well.

On 2007-03-01 21:34, Ronin_Cooper wrote:
    I don't see why anyone should complain if we get old ragol stages, it's new content, also, if you look at older games (i'm sure something like this was already stated but...) you'll notice similarities.
    For example, I was recently playing PSII when I noticed that the Locust enemies look almost identical to the PSO Grass Assassins, and that the Mosquito enemies look like Mothmants, and in PSU some of the dark SEED forms look like the D-cell creatures (go ahead and say that the Delsaban doesn't remind you of a Dimenian or that the centaur thing on Neudaiz isn't reminiscent of the Chaos Bringer) I hope that the old PSO bosses make a comeback, the PSO enemies would be sooooo cool in PSU's vamped up action ^___^
    Look closer, and you'll even see that Rappys (the hallmark of PSO) were from Phantasy Star 3 and were called Chirpers. The references to old games are almost limitless. It seems like alot of folks are really grumpy about nostalgia, but if you've been playing the series for 20 years (there are some of us) you learn to love how they recreate the old in an innovative way as a dedication to their phans and to make the story complex, speculative, and rich.

That being said, a previous post did say Rappy's were the link. They illuminate the PS-PSO series' main link and here's what it is:

Phantasy Star 3 took place on a worldship launched from Palma (before it blew up) that was inhabited by Palmans, Chirpers and Dark Force. If that worldship then later crashed on Ragol...it IS the PSO Ruins level. The monuments Mutt Ditts Poumn were constructed to seal Dark Force by the survivors in the fashion of how the Profound Darkness was sealed by the three Algo planets. Apparently, that's the process of sealing this entity on a smaller scale.

Thus, the ancient civilization on Ragol was created by Palman refugees and found thousands of years later by folks from Coral. Chirpers also on the wolrd ship survived on Ragol for thousands of years and were named Rappys by the Coral folks. As a story element, this is both foreshadowing and irony. The only creatures that survive can't tell the story but are the common link...think R2D2.

So, what truly is the link to PSO and PSU? Rappys. I've come across them on Parum. One of the last surviving creatures from Palma and Algo alive thousands of years later. But, how did Rappys get there from Ragol?

Or did another worldship (there were many with Chirpers in Phantasy Star 3) from Palma crash on a planet which those refugees later called Parum making Gurhal in the image of their home star system Algo.

What do you think?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dgg116 on 2007-03-02 10:48 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dgg116 on 2007-03-02 11:06 ]</font>