Thread: Mayalee Prism

I'm a tad unsure on what to use for my first 90 frags, so I wanna I hear a little input if anyone grabbed this skill.

How does it level?

How's the range? Wider but shorter? (from what I heard)

PP Usage?

And anything else you wanna throw in, I'm debating between this and Killer Shot. I'd grab Killer Shot by now, but Mayalee Prism just sounds like it'd be more useful. (plus leveling another rifle makes me cringe, ugh)

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.p...start=60&75#65

Seems like not many people got it. I was actually considering making this my next one to get.

"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

I dunno about the range being wider, but it is a whole lot shorter. PP usage is double that cost of a regular (non-linked) shot. I keep a bunch of Cannocs that have a lot of PP to burn. Mayalee Prism is arguably one of the more useful PAs. Killer Shot kills robots and small things and not much else, Prism can be used on about anything. Levelling it up is even more of a pain than Killer Shot though.

It's basically a faster Grenade Gun without the ability to hit mulitple targets on certain enemies/bosses.

It has shorter ranger than normal laser but it still has some nice range on it imo. If you ever play a mission with worms in it this weapon will make you the party's savior however because it can knockback enemies so easily you won't be spamming it much unless you want to piss off party members. Some prime enemies for it: Worms, any four legged monster that just falls down instead of being blown back by the laser (like those in Linear Line/Hive missions), and those ice chicken rider monsters in Neudiaz.

I carry about 3 just to get the most out of it spam wise since it eats through PP even as a fG. It levels pretty easily if you just focus on it and have enough Laser Cannons to spam it however I don't really care about leveling it much since it's main function, the knockback, works at lv.1...in fact it's probably better to keep low leveled to save on the PP cost lol.

Killer Shot is mainly a robot or crap mob weapon. Both UltPAs are situtational and you probably won't be using them as much as you think especially on the U.S. PC/PS2 side where anything not Lab S2 seems to be dead at the moment.
    The Storm Is About To Rage
    Ship 9
    Male Human - HU65 | FI64 | BR65
    Female Newman - FO65 | HU40 | TE65 | FI65 | BR65 | RA33
    Female Cast - RA65 | GU65 | HU65 | BR47

I got Mayalee Prism.

It's great.

'nuff said.

Here's my thoughts on it:

Well. I knew I was getting this the moment the ult PAs came out, but even I'm surprised at its effectiveness in certain situations. It is, indeed, an adequate replacement for the grenade launcher that we don't get.

It causes knockback on small-medium enemies and staggers larger enemies; it also fires fast enough that you can keep the stagger going on many of the larger enemies. While it does have a fairly large hit on accuracy (46% at first level), GT ATA is generally good enough that you shouldn't worry about it, particularly if you move in from the back or the sides.

HOWEVER, this is a SITUATIONAL PA, not a spammin' PA. It doesn't deal all that much damage; instead, what you should use it on are enemies which are more dangerous standing than they are on the ground like big mobs of buffed Vandas, Gohmons, worms, or Volfu, or to knock flying enemies to the ground so that hunters can get a shot at 'em, or to keep Jarbas staggered so they can't dambarta the poor hunters into submission.
    As in my guntecher thread, just below this one.

I'm going to say the same thing I have said about every PA ever released. There is a time and a place for it, and if you know when it is, any PA can become extremely useful.

THE JACKEL

Thanks for the input guys, I ended up grabbing Mayalee Prism just now. Don't exactly have a high need to slaughter robots right now anyway.

I'm actually thinking about comboing the shotgun bullet with Mayalee Prism to make the enemies even EASIER to hit... but that should be later on. I dunno if I should spend a bunch more PA frags, after all!