Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

STOP FLAMING!!!!!

Neither is "better", they are just different ways to play gt.

People need to get over the whole stereotyping races into certain classes.

This game is a matter of strategy, not everyone becoming the powerhouse classes to go have uber pwnage.

And for beast ATA, saying it is horrible as a guntecher is like saying a newman can't ever play a fighgunner because they will ALWAYS do crap damage. It just isn't true.

I suggest people try something before they flame it.

And I currently disagree with sexyraine. As of now, gt resta is utterly useless to other players. It can be useful to use on yourself though. It would be very helpful to a newman, but would it to a beast? No. Beasts have way more HP and DFP than newmans so resta is worthless to them. However, after AoI comes out it will matter.

So in a sense neither is better, they just need to be played differently to take advantage of their strengths and weaknessess.

I read it on PSOW, so it must be true

On 2007-04-22 13:56, xennec wrote:
    So in a sense neither is better, they just need to be played differently to take advantage of their strengths and weaknessess.
    ???

Beast Guntecher shoots bullets...

Newman Guntecher shoots bullets...

Pr...profit?

good god people, it depends how you want to play the character. you can basically play as any race and contribute to a party as a GT, you just can't be stupid about it. clearly a newman will heal better. clearly a cast or beast will deal more damage. i will say this, playing GT for the TP is downright foolish. the ONLY thing that GT suffer is bad resta. if you are throwing diga as a GT, you are playing the wrong class. most GT technics dont rely on TP.

i play my 80/10 M Cast GT as damage dealing. some say this a flawed way to play, however, 1100ish crits while dealing constant 715 with an Alteric +10 says otherwise. also i have saved countless people with reversers

On 2007-04-22 14:37, shewby wrote:
    good god people, it depends how you want to play the character. you can basically play as any race and contribute to a party as a GT, you just can't be stupid about it. clearly a newman will heal better. clearly a cast or beast will deal more damage. i will say this, playing GT for the TP is downright foolish. the ONLY thing that GT suffer is bad resta. if you are throwing diga as a GT, you are playing the wrong class. most GT technics dont rely on TP.

i play my 80/10 M Cast GT as damage dealing. some say this a flawed way to play, however, 1100ish crits while dealing constant 715 with an Alteric +10 says otherwise. also i have saved countless people with reversers
    Preach on sista! (I say sista because of your avatar)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: xennec on 2007-04-22 15:03 ]</font>

Elitist hybrid. Merged classes can be pricks too!

On 2007-04-22 04:27, Kimil wrote:
    On 2007-04-22 04:13, Mikaga wrote:

Beasts are flawed by lacking ATA
    <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mikaga on 2007-04-22 04:18 ]</font>
    When will anyone listen?

Beast ATA + GT ATA bonus + High end, high ATA weps = ZERO ATA FLAW
    Because it's not true, if I can miss more with a human GT using a low ATA weapon in S2, and have to switch to a huigh ATA weapon for more reliable damage, a beast GT is going to have it way, way worse.

I made my newman GT yesterday btw. Was sick of people saying they are good. I intend to prove they are shit compared to human.

But beast is worse.

On 2007-04-22 06:51, Criss wrote:
    Oh wow. People are so sickingly stubborn. "Beasts have lower ATA, beasts don't have enough ATA, Newman has higher ATA, it's all about the AT-" FALSE. Guntecher lv 10 has a 160% ATA mod, and GTs can keep Zodial on themselves at all time. At this point, lower racial ATA doesn't make beasts miss more than newmen. I'm a beast GT, and a FEMALE beast at that, I should know. The only real problem there is to having lower racial ATA is it'll take a few extra levels until you can use 9* guns. Oh the drama.
    You're wrong, here's why.

That 160% ATA is for a RANGER class. Rangers hit pretty much 90% head on. The EVP mod of an enemy ALWAYS applies. They draw rage, and enemies will generally be facing them DIRECTLY. THIS is why rangers get better ATA. In PSO it was horribly flawed because of the fact rangers also had high ATA, could equip melee weapons and use them to the full capacity of hunters. Except the specialas would hit far more.
    Meaning a ramarl made a better hunter than a hucast.

In PSU it is not horribly flawed, rangers are shit at melee because they get low levels of skills, can't equip dick and don't get specials anymore. In PSU ATA doesn't mean as much, but it is needed for a ranger class due to mostly hitting head on. Many of the multiple hitting, high damage attacks of beast hunters, through skill, dumb luck or the monster running away to target a ranger (who DO draw rage most of all) will not be head on. Why do you suppose rangers get high ATA? To equip guns? No, the req on guns is as low as the req on wands and rods. Rangers have high ATA because they NEED it. Crippling it by becoming a beast GT will make you miss more. And beast GT ATA is awful.

The amount of ATA a GT needs is represented by human. They still have more difficulty hitting in low job/PA levels than casts or newmen, but by the time the PA is levelled and job level decent, they can hit most anything. But still, here is the difference. My fortegunner friend can use 1* Yohmei rifles for killer shot in S2. I have to use 3*. Beast is likely going to have to use 6*, so there's some expense creeping in RIGHT THERE.

I missed rather a lot in low levels of GT. Didn't make the class hard to raise, but at least I cuold do it from 25 onwards. Start that early as a beast and you have SERIOUS, SERIOUS issues hitting. Hell my beast RANGER has serious issues hitting, and that class has higher ATA than the low-mid levels of GT.

A beast fortegunner has slightly more ATA than a human GT. A beast fortegunner is what everyone in this thread SHOULD be advocating, because bar grenade launcher (which will be gimped in early PA levels) this class/race combo should do great.

I don't want grenade launchers though...... I want cards >.<

And also Shimarisu, you said you were using a LOW level beast. Here is a novel idea: level up.

And sure, a beast may miss a couple more times tan other races, but when they do hit it does more damage. Doesn't it even out? And don't even try the "gt shouldn't do damage, they are only for teh SE". Its not like they hit tons less than others, so they can apply an SE easily too. Do people complain about newman wartecher ATA? I don't think so. My friend is a one and she is 4 lvls above me. I am pretty sure that I hit more or equal to her.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: xennec on 2007-04-22 16:07 ]</font>

What I am saying is not that beasts will be useless as guntecher. Moreso very limited. If you do not mind the extreme slog of levelling rifles and dual hand guns high enough so they will actually hit, being limited to high ATA weapons, having to often switch to a bow, being worst at crossbow and possibly better off with cards (crossbow IS the superior weapon) then go right ahead.

I'll warn you, soloing isn't fun. Everyone's going to expect you to hit. In those low levels, all you'll be able to hit well will be stuff in C and B rank. I know this, because I have low level beast ranger heading for fortegunner. So be prepared to level bullets high in low level areas. Going to be very boring for you.

IMO for GT:

Cast=human>newman>beast.

Let's talk about hard power charge shall we? Newman can equip it sure, beast can equip it sure, but what beast really OUGHT to be equipping here is a high ATA unit. And you know, those take away your ATP.

Okay problem solved.

Beast gt are bad for solo, but can be a good addition to groups.
    don't use bad ATA weps.

Although, for me, the only reason I went gt was for cards. Once we get Acrofighter, I'm switching.

On 2007-04-22 15:56, xennec wrote:
    I don't want grenade launchers though...... I want cards >.<

And also Shimarisu, you said you were using a LOW level beast. Here is a novel idea: level up.

And sure, a beast may miss a couple more times tan other races, but when they do hit it does more damage. Doesn't it even out? And don't even try the "gt shouldn't do damage, they are only for teh SE". Its not like they hit tons less than others, so they can apply an SE easily too. Do people complain about newman wartecher ATA? I don't think so. My friend is a one and she is 4 lvls above me. I am pretty sure that I hit more or equal to her.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: xennec on 2007-04-22 16:07 ]</font>
    GT can be a damage dealer when they rely on crossbows for much of their output. That is hands down their best weapon.

It is worst in the hands of a beast.

Yep, I'm a low level beast gunner. So? Hitting poorly in B rank at level 25 equates to hitting poorly in S2 rank at level 55+. The game adjusts in difficulty for each rank up.

I'm at the same level my human GT was when he first hit GT. Back then I had ferw problems. That was with a LOWER ATA MOD THAN BASE LEVEL RANGER GETS. He hit far more than my beast female does with her base level ranger mod. IF I went GT on my beast female at this low level it would be a terrible slog to atually hit anything. That is what I was saying. With cast, human and newman you can hit GT at level 25 and actually hit things. Now if I wanted to be a GT for much of the duration of a character's time, I wuold NOT pick beast GT as my main job.

I need to level up? Oh sure, but part of the fun of the game is being adequate in the LOW LEVELS.