Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

The Illuminus is a group of Human fanaticists, wishing to destroy or subjugate all the other races.

On 2007-04-22 16:53, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:
    The Illuminus is a group of Human fanaticists, wishing to destroy or subjugate all the other races.
    Ah thats what it was, I thought it was casts because dont they want to infect everything with the seed? Or am I wrong again?
    PZ0 Friend Code : 3008-8179-4031

They are experimenting with the SEED-virus, because they think it will allow them to create mutant monster things to help them fight off the other races.

If AoI really wanted to pull the biggest anime cliche in history, theyd simply make Dallgun evil.

"OHEMGEE, the person in charge is really the bad guy? NO WAI." Thats only been pulled in Fullmetal, R.O.D., Appleseed, Burst Angel, Grandia II, Viewtiful Joe, and god only knows how many other things.

For this, heads would roll. Luckily I dont see the storyline taking that turn.
    Illustrator! Pixel Artist!:

Svm Inimicus Mali

On 2007-04-22 19:42, Niered wrote:
    If AoI really wanted to pull the biggest anime cliche in history, theyd simply make Dallgun evil.

"OHEMGEE, the person in charge is really the bad guy? NO WAI." Thats only been pulled in Fullmetal, R.O.D., Appleseed, Burst Angel, Grandia II, Viewtiful Joe, and god only knows how many other things.

For this, heads would roll. Luckily I dont see the storyline taking that turn.
    You sure about that? Ethan did try to kill Dallgun, and given how willing he was to give up information about the Illuminus and what they're planning, he doesn't seem to be on their side (not completely, at least). I wouldn't be surprised if the head of the Guardians Colony (which seems to be the one place in all Gurhal with a higher concentration of humans than anything else) had ties to the Illuminus. If they've got ties to the single most ubiquitous weapons manufacturing corporation, nothing's beyond their grasp...

On 2007-04-22 20:35, Kupi wrote:

...given how willing he was to give up information about the Illuminus and what they're planning, he doesn't seem to be on their side (not completely, at least)...
    In another cliche, the bad guys always tell the good guys their plans...usually followed by a "but there's nothing you can do to stop us/me (insert sinister laugh)".

The whole "Ethan tried to kill Dallgun" thing isn't exactly clear at this point. As far as we know, it was a flase story trumped up by the Illuminus to arouse suspicion concerning Ethan.

lolDiads
    If Diad was a planet in PSU, I'd live there

Considering that Lucaim Nav says that the President still trusts Ethan, I'd wager that the whole "Ethan tried to murder the President" thing didn't happen at all.

On Parum, humans outnumber CASTs significantly, although it's the CASTs that are actually in power. I don't recall the numbers off hand, but I do believe the ratio was 10 humans per 1 CAST. Lou (could have been someone else?) also gave a comment that Dallgun "rejects the Illuminus philosophy completely," but, I suppose that could be a front. Laia, a beast, is his adopted daughter.

Personally, I think the "assassination attempt" was over something Dallgun kept from Ethan about his father, given his mention in chapter 5.

There's just way too much working against a dumb twist like that. If it was pulled, heads would definitely roll, though.
    Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.

well ,There are 2 Ethan. 1 is the real good one, 1 is the bad ass clone from Illuminus

"ARIKAー戦隊, 参上!!" (click it!)
    Arika     @US server | Arika-chan @JP server