Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1118192021

Chapter 61 – Departure

Shiro Ryuu stayed in his bed for what seemed like three whole days, hardly getting any food, only eating the bare minimum for him to survive. It seemed that he was still troubled by Maya and Kou getting together. He remembered what Laia told him about Maya and Kou having been together before, but when he saw how Kou behaved, Shiro Ryuu disregarded it. Now however, Maya knew that it wasn’t Kou’s fault, and that Kou was not a truly evil man. With this, Maya and Kou have gotten back together. It was then that Shiro Ryuu finally realized that he was in love with Maya, despite his attempts to deny his feelings for her.

“This isn’t enough, I’m not good enough to defeat Oukiba.” Shiro Ryuu thought to himself. He had two people in his mind for the past three days, Oukiba and Maya. As he met Oukiba, the only thing Shiro Ryuu thought about was the fact that he has never met anyone who was a superior fighter to himself. He was used to having had won all of his fights, until he met Oukiba, one of only 4 people to have pushed him to his limit, the other three being Strauch, Nosferatu, and Magnus. He was able to defeat the other three, but he was no match for Oukiba.

Meanwhile, Maya was in the hospital room alone with Kou Taragi due to his SEED infection.

“So Kou, what exactly is Illuminus? And why did they make you threaten to kill me?”

“I’m not allowed to speak of it, they infected me with SEED and” Kou Taragi fell to the floor and screamed. “AAAHHHH!” Kou was on his hands and knees, trying to catch his breathe.

“Taragi-sensei!” Maya yelled.

“Keep away!” Kou said, his skin turning darker and his form becoming less human. Eventually, he grew into a large, four-legged creature with two bladed arms.

“A SEED-form, a Carriguine!” Maya yelled out. She got out of the room and locked it as soon as possible to keep Kou Taragi, now a Carriguine inside the room. However, it was in vain for the creature was strong enough to break through. Maya tried to run away as fast as possible, not wanting to hurt Kou. As much as she tried to run, the Carriguine was too fast for her and eventually caught up to her. The creature slashed with its bladed arms, and Maya tried her best to avoid them, although she got herself cut in the process.

“Looks like I’ll have to contact him.” Maya said, getting her phone, still receiving cuts from the monster.

In his room, Shiro Ryuu received a message, apparently from Maya Shidow. As soon as he knew what was going on, Shiro Ryuu grabbed his Ryo-sabrac and ran as fast as possible to the hospital where Maya and Kou were located. As soon as he made it there, Shiro Ryuu saw Maya at the mercy of the Carriguine.

“Shiro Ryuu, that’s…” Maya said to Shiro Ryuu.

“Kou Taragi?” Shiro Ryuu interrupted.

“Yeah. He’s been infected by SEED, and he turned into that.”

Shiro Ryuu walked calmly towards the Carriguine, both of his swords sheathed. The Carriguine slashed at Shiro Ryuu, who drew one of his swords and severed one of the Carriguine’s arms, then went on to cut off the other arm. Shiro Ryuu then leaped into the air and came down with a downward slash with both swords at the same time. The swords sunk deep into the monster’s flesh before it collapsed. Shiro Ryuu simply pulled his swords out of the body and sheathed them back, as though it was just another thing he killed. Maya however, was in shock at what she just saw, she saw Kou Taragi, the man who was once her teacher, and the man she was once in love with get killed right before her eyes, and in the hands of Shiro Ryuu.

“Taragi…Taragi…TARAGI-SENSEI!!!” Maya cried out. She then got up and walked up towards Shiro Ryuu as fast as she could and proceeded to slap him in the face.

“Shiro Ryuu, you monster! How can you kill Taragi-sensei? Don’t you have any value for another person’s life?”

“…”

“SHIRO! Is that all you have to say!? Just keep your mouth shut? You just killed Taragi-sensei!” Maya yelled, slapping Shiro Ryuu in the face again. “Why did you kill him? WHY!?”

“Would you rather have him kill you?” Shiro Ryuu said.

“I loved him, someone like you would never understand that.”

“That’s right, I don’t.” Shiro Ryuu said as he put one hand on Maya’s shoulder and put her against a wall. For the very first time, Maya saw emotion from Shiro Ryuu, but it wasn’t a kind, gentle smile, it was an evil grin from one who was driven by madness. “I have no value for life, not even even for my own, you actually expect me to believe that I’d have any value for his? Or anyone else’s? Do you have any idea who I am? I am Shiro Ryuu, a man who has ended many lives, so much that I’ve lost count of them. I’m nothing more than a weapon, a tool for murder. Somebody like you will never understand what I’ve been through.”

Maya cried as she heard what Shiro Ryuu said to her. She learned a bit more about Shiro Ryuu, stuff she probably didn’t even want to know. As Shiro Ryuu showed that evil smile, Maya felt that he was no different from Tai Yin or Oukiba. She saw Shiro Ryuu walk away, showing no remorse for killing Kou Taragi.

“So, this is Shiro Ryuu? A man who kills others, no value for life, shows no remorse when he kills, and lacks all human emotions? Is that really him?” Maya asked herself.

“I quit this job.” Shiro Ryuu said as he turned his back and walked away.

“Shiro…” Maya said, seeing Shiro Ryuu get further and further away. “Shiro…” Maya’s last words to Shiro Ryuu before he left. Shiro Ryuu said nothing, not even a farewell as he dissappeared into the shadows.

End of Chapter 61

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fj_nl9DFUls

"Departure" from the Rurouni Kenshin soundtrack, but it uses footage from the anime "X", this vid isn't mine by the way, but if this was an anime, I'd have this song playing, I just kind of thought that this song would fit the mood of this part of the story perfectly.
    Street Fighter IV: Chun Li, Ryu
    King of Fighters XII: Terry, Kim, Kyo
    BlazBlue: Litchi, Noel

Has Shiro finally lost it? Will Maya ever forgive him? Awww man, this is all to interesting. Maybe a fight with the Blue Dragon will be able to persuade Shiro to tell Maya how he feels.

"EVEN IN PSO2, THE BURN MEANS IT STILL WORKING!!!"

Wow.

Note to self: Characters > Plots.

Kyousei - 21 Fnewm

Chapter 62 – She who has lost the ones she loved and he who has never been loved

Maya Shidow wandered about in the Central Table of the Guardians Colony, contemplating about the losses of three important people in her life, all of whom were lost so quickly. Carlos Guevara died in a fight against Oukiba, Kou Taragi was turned into a SEED form when he was infected, and was killed by Shiro Ryuu. That same man who killed Kou Taragi has now quit the Guardians and is gone, nowhere to be found. Maya blamed herself for Shiro Ryuu’s departure, and had mixed feelings about him. In one hand, she knew that Shiro Ryuu killed Kou Taragi, and had no remorse for killing him, for this, Maya was still angry at him. But at the same time, Shiro Ryuu may have been trying to protect him, and seeing how Shiro Ryuu was simply by his nature, Maya was sure that he had a troubled past, which may have caused him to be the way he was. Still, she felt that it was no excuse for him to kill Kou Taragi and walk away like it was nothing to him. While she did feel some anger towards him, she started to regret slapping him in the face and yelling at him. The only thing she could wish for now was for a chance to see him again and to talk things over with him. But now, he was gone.

“Shiro, part of me is still angry at you for what you did, but at the same time, I can’t help but feel that you’re only a poor, suffering soul. I can’t help but pity you for some reason, it seems that the only way you know how to live is in the battlefield. What is it about fighting that it can keep you living? I just don’t understand why you only live for battle. You’re body is completely covered in scars, I don’t know if you’ll even live a long life, its just like what Masako told me.” Maya said to herself as she made her way to Shiro Ryuu’s room. As she entered, she saw only an empty room. Shiro Ryuu had a password set up, but he gave the password only to Maya for reasons which not even Shiro Ryuu himself would be able to understand.

“It’s just not the same without him being here.” Maya said as she sat down on the bed on which Shiro Ryuu once slept. Sitting on the bed, Maya had images of Shiro Ryuu lying down while Maya herself was tending to his injuries after his fights with Strauch and Nosferatu. After sitting in Shiro Ryuu’s room for a while, she decided to go to the spaceport and return to her home in Neudaiz. As she wondered about, she ran into Drake.

“Maya, hey. I wanted to ask you something, did Shiro Ryuu really lose to Oukiba? I wanted to hear from you because I just couldn’t believe it when Shadow told me.”

“Yeah, he was defeated.” Maya said, stroking her hair with her hand with a look of dissappointment in her face.

“Thanks. I just wanted to know for sure. I know I could trust Shadow, but I wanted to hear from other sources. The thought of Shiro Ryuu losing was something I just could never be able to imagine when I first saw him fight. Anyway, where is he?”

“I don’t know, I saw him leave, and I haven’t seen him since. And about him losing, I have to agree, I saw him fight, and I thought that he was invincible, but seeing him fight Oukiba, I just couldn’t believe my eyes, but its true, he did lose. This Oukiba is someone who isn’t to be underestimated.”

“Shiro, don’t tell me he left.” Ryoten came in and joined the conversation.

“He just told me that he quit the Guardians, and walked out on me.” Maya said.

“That jerk, how can he do something like that?” Ryoten said, tightening his fist. Nattefrost saw them and came to talk with them.

“Shiro Ryuu promised that he would help me become stronger. I just couldn’t believe that he would walk out like that.” Nattefrost said, having heard the conversation.

“Nattefrost…” Maya said.

“Shiro Ryuu’s gone, but now it only means that I just have to become better than him. I’ll try my best to be even stronger than he is, and when I see him again, I’ll try to defeat him. Maya, you were the one person who supported me when I was young, if Shiro makes you cry, I just wouldn’t be able to forgive him.” Nattefrost said.

“Guys, thanks.” Maya said. “Looks like the ship for Neudaiz is about to leave. I’ll see you guys later, I’m off to my home.” Maya said as she waved goodbye to Drake, Ryoten, and Nattefrost.

Maya finally arrived in Ohtoku city and went on her way back home. As she was walking to her house, the scenery reminded her of when she first saw Shiro Ryuu. She remembered being attacked by a group of thugs before Shiro Ryuu came in to save her and killed off all of the thugs. Seeing as how Shiro Ryuu had no home, Maya allowed him to stay in her house as a way to thank him for saving her. Maya went inside her house, and even being here made her think about Shiro Ryuu. She would look outside in her backyard and have images about Shiro Ryuu training. She visualized Shiro Ryuu setting up metal pillars, and using a wooden sword to slice the wooden pillars with blinding speed in one instant. She sat on her couch, and remembered how she tried to treat Shiro Ryuu’s injuries after his first fight with Tai Yin. It seemed to Maya that no matter what she thought or where she went, she just couldn’t stop thinking about Shiro Ryuu. As she sat on her couch, she saw a piece of paper.

“Huh? What’s this? I’ve never seen this before.” Maya looked to see a pair of Japanese kanji letters, one meaning ‘white’, and the other meaning ‘dragon’. Maya knew that it was Shiro Ryuu, so she opened it up to read what it said:

‘Maya Shidow, I know all about what I have done to have made you upset. I was aware that the man I killed was Kou Taragi, an old teacher of yours, and I know that you may have loved him in your past. Love is an emotion that I can never understand throughout the 25 years I’ve lived.

First, I will let you know right now, Shiro Ry uu is obviously not my real name. It is nothing more than a nickname given to those who have feared my lethal swordsmanship. Ryuushirou Kajiwara is also not my given name in birth, Ryuushirou was a name given to me by my sensei, the late Great Sword Zoke. My real name is Kenji Tachibana. I was born to that name, but I have betrayed it because it has given me bad memories of my early childhood. When I was a young child, I lived with an abusive sadist father who always enjoyed bringing pain to me. Everyday, my father, would always come up to me and bring the closest thing to him and hit me repeatedly with it. He enjoyed hurting me, he enjoyed seeing me in pain, for which reason I have never known or understood. I was so weak back then, I was nothing more than a child, unable to fight back. This inability to fight back was something I’ve hated so much. Eventually, I ran away and left to the streets.

Living in the streets, I was still rejected by all of society. As you may know, I’m an albino, something that is different and unique, something most people don’t understand. People saw me and they shunned me for my appearance. I was nothing more than a child, so all I can ever do is cry by myself because I was hated by everyone. However, I finally ran into someone who treated me with respect. He was Great Sword Zoke, a man who was reputed as being a great Hunter in Pioneer 2. He took me under his wing and taught me swordsmanship. I have quickly progressed myself to become a very strong fighter at the mere age of 10, which was also the same age at which I first killed a human being. Years later, the government coerced Zoke-sensei into turning me over to them so that they can use me as a weapon for assassinations. I was not appreciated for my skills, I was nothing more than a weapon to them, a tool. To them, I was no different from that, I was someone for them to treat as an object, and to be disposed of when I was no longer needed.

Being a weapon of the government, I have murdered, and murdered, and murdered. Everywhere I went, I have left behind an ocean of blood. Through all of my battles, I have suffered numerous wounds, both physical and emotional. I always lived my life being hated by everyone else, either for my appearance or my murderous nature, I was feared and hated by everyone else. The only thing that prevented me from killing myself to escape from this was my will to perfect my sword. Perfection of my swordsmanship was the only reason I had to keep myself living in this world in which everybody hated me. I managed to go against the orders of those who were using me as a weapon and decided to follow Zoke-sensei into becoming a Hunter from the Hunter’s Guild. When I became a Hunter, the people of Pioneer 2 were too eager and impatient to go to Ragol, and the government of Ragol was unable to keep them in their control. With the people of Ragol like this, and no government strong enough to bring order, many of those who were strong decided to abuse their strength in order to oppress the weak. I killed those men with my own hands, having no respect for those who enjoyed picking on those who were weak. I felt that living in battle was the only was I could live, and that where ever I went, there would inevitibly be battle along the way. It was then that I heard of Gurhal, a world in another dimension from Ragol that has enjoyed 100 years of peace. I decided to go there as a way to escape from battle if only for a short time. But as I went there, I found out that thugs were killing innocent people, I had no other choice but to do what was needed of me, to kill those cowardly men who oppressed the weak. I never cared for being a hero, all I ever cared for wa perfecting my sword. However, seeing the strong push the weak around has always made me feel…’

“Silly Shiro. You don’t like seeing the strong pick on the weak because it reminds you of your father back when you were a child, doesn’t it?” Maya said before she continued reading what Shiro Ryuu wrote.

‘I had no idea why I felt this bad feeling when seeing the strong taking advantage of the weak. I don’t even know why I should even protect the very people who have hated and shunned me all of these years. Even if I protect them, I’m nothing more than a monster or a demon to everyone else around me. For what I have done to Kou Taragi, I’m sure that even you must hate me. Don’t worry, you can hate me as much as you wish, I’m used to being hated, it is my curse and my destiny to be hated by everyone else. My life won’t be very long since it is filled with nothing but fights to the death. I have killed many, and it is only fitting for me to die being killed by another man. If I am killed, you may take it as revenge for Kou Taragi’s death, nobody will miss me if I die, my body will rot, those who are alive on will live on as though nothing ever happened. This is the last you’ll ever have to hear from me. I’m leaving the Guardians and continue on what I’ve been doing before, perfecting my sword. Until the day that I am truly invincible, I will not stop on my goal of perfection. Maya, I bid you farewell.’

Maya put the piece of paper closer to herself and cried.

“What have I done? Why did I slap him? Why did I yell at him like that? Poor Shiro, why did I act that way to him? He’s never been loved throughout his life, and the one person who did love him has been taken away from him by people who only wanted to use him as a tool. Its no wonder he doesn’t show his feelings, he doesn’t even understand human emotions, the emotional trauma he had to live through was something that nobody would ever have to suffer. He was an outcast for his entire life. If only I…” Maya covered her face with her hands.

“If only I hadn’t treated Shiro that way, he wouldn’t have left, he would have just stayed with us in the Guardians. Why did you have to leave Shiro?” Maya walked outside and went to the place where Shiro Ryuu first rescued her from the SEED-infected people that tried to kill her. She stood alone in that scene as the wind was blowing through her long, blonde hair.

“Shiro Ryuu, please, come back.” Maya said.

End of Chapter 62, Conclusion to the 1st Part of the story

Yeah, this is it, I won't be posting chapters until I come back from Japan in 6/25. See you guys later.

"Misekake no I love you" by Aya Kamiki, not a bad song for the end of this part of the story IMO. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFbzC6PnneU

Nice one Shiro. I'll see ya later man.

"EVEN IN PSO2, THE BURN MEANS IT STILL WORKING!!!"

nice chapter. JOE will be definantly wainting for the next mission.
    http://fox-light713.deviantart.com/
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own." - "Good night, and good luck"

JOE - Ship 2 - Gu75 / Ra75
    *Warning Bad Spelling Often*

...Nice. I hope you have fun on your trip to Japan...

Have fun...
    Kyousei - 21 Fnewm

See ya shiro, can't say bye to ya on PSU cause I won't resubscribe til about saturday and I think you are gone by then.

So take it easy, and remember to pack me into your bags lol

Lol, if I can do that, you'll need the willpower not to eat for a full day, cuz thats how long I'll be in the plane.

And yeah, see you later too, you're gonna be in a 2 or 3 month break or something, right? Looks like PSU is gonna miss both of us for a while, I wonder how it'll manage without us.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shiroryuu on 2007-05-24 17:43 ]</font>