Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Of The Untamed

Thanks for taking the time to write that up imfanboy. I'm glad to hear that because I was planning to aim for a Fortecher, Wartecher, or Protranser. By the way, can I get a link to info pertaining AoI? Also, when is it expected to be released?

Of The Untamed

Thanks for the link Kite. Didn't see it in the FAQ, but any ideas on release date? Hopefully the fourth quarter of 2007?

EDIT: Never mind

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Break- on 2007-06-20 16:25 ]</font>

Of The Untamed

Sorry to double post but I have a quick question. Once you pick an Expert Class are you locked into that class or are you still able to switch around?

You can switch around just as you would the basic classes. In fact, since I got Ranger 5 I've been levelling Guntecher on the side. Well... guntecher bullets at least.

Yeah, my main is actually GT10/FT9/FG8; right now I'm doing a lot of fortegunner because I'm soloing Grove S a lot looking for [b] Degahna Cannon... Gah. I've got the Adahna Cannon body part, just need THE BOARD!!

It's not even expensive to change classes. Even for my level 80 character, it's like 4.5k meseta to change around - hell, it costs more than that just to swap hairstyles.

If you're going to multiclass, there are worse sets you could pick than fortetecher/wartecher/protranser; you can use spears, single sabers, and bows as all 3 classes, cards and technics as WT and FT, and fists as both WT and PT.

Um, what race are you? If you're newman, I would earnestly recommend against PT, however. If there's any one combination of class/race that I would call heavily gimped, it would be newman PT. The two lowest ATPs in the game combined means that you really are lagging way behind the other classes in terms of damage, plus your low newman HP means that you're not really taking advantage of the PT's ability in that area. I mean, I've known newman PTs but they follow the class mostly because they're stubborn rather than because it's any good...

But oh well. If you had a newman, I'd stick to WT and FT primarily. PT is best as a main class, with maybe fortefighter as a sometimes-side class when all you need is power.

I have seen plenty of Newmen PT. They all use bows though to take use of the armor ignoring aspect of them. Plus traps do not rely on any stat. Also did you know that Male Beast only have 128 more atp then Male Newmen?

Edit: Male newmen PT need 22 atp to equip an Ank Pikor. How cruel is that. This is a 80 10 PT.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KiteWolfwood on 2007-06-20 22:14 ]</font>

Of The Untamed

Well I have a Newman who I plan to have as a Fortetecher and perhaps a Guntecher or Fortegunner. I hear that Cast and Beast are far superior when it comes to Wartecher, thus I have just created a Beast character aiming for WT and maybe Fortefighter or something on the side; I can't see Beasts excelling at much else.

It seems Casts have a lot of versatility in that they can go from FF to FG to GT to FG.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Break- on 2007-06-20 22:45 ]</font>

Hearty Official Member Chuck_Norris's Avatar

eh, CAST are good to a point for fortefighter, but if you want to bring out the real power of the class then beast is the way to go, also wartecher only gets 2 hits for every melee photon art, if you use single weapons a lot then you're okay, but quite a few two handed PA's suck till the 3rd hit.

Here use this so you can actually see the stat differences between the class race combos. That way you can see for yourself instead of just relying on what people are saying.

http://psu.amesani.org/project/