View Poll Results: See post.

<font size="-3">[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2007-06-24 08:17 ]</font>

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Think it is great!!

1 5.88%
  • Sounds like a good idea

2 11.76%
  • Soounds interesting, lets hear more

0 0%
  • Got my attention

4 23.53%
  • Heard better

1 5.88%
  • Sounds like a waste of time

9 52.94%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

There is no way I hell I can counter that. Not only did you make me lol in my pants, but you single handiedly won yourself a free internet.

The First

been done before...
    there would be abuses to it, like there would prolly also be a "add points past S-rank to get bonuses on it" thing... and people like me would choose 1 or 2 weapons and just boost them up. Also, with the pt system suggested you'd want something more like, C-rank = +1pt, B-tank = +2pt, A-rank = +3pt, S-rank = +4pt... so to get an S-rank weapon on a custom class would be 9pts and then there would be bonuses beyond that...We can also then assume that for something like this you'd want to make it so as you lvl it it gets better...so for a few levels you'd be restricted to C/B rank weapons most likely or you could set it up so that to get more points you have to go through some test or series of tests that you have to go through...

The other thing is stats...you could arrange them in order of what you want, or you could apply a pt system to it as well, but there is a balance issue where most melee classes have 60% on MST and/or TP which is a negative stat so you'd have to take that into consideration and the best way to do that would be assign an amount % you can go up to per lvl and then allow the person upon creation to alter a stat between a min/max %... The reason for a max is cuz someone could unbalance it and make ATP, STA, etc 0% and just boost DFP, TP/MST, and HP to max and just obliterate the game ^.^

Hey we can become broken all over again like when we had Mags back in PSO! It'll be great!

Of The Untamed

Well fought sir, well fought. I guess we can call this truce, but we both know the never-ending war between pants and socks will, well, never end.

On 2007-06-24 13:20, Niered wrote:
    Hey remember that game where everyone played as the generic human warrior that could deal good damage, use guns, and heal himself?

Yah, PSO in comparison to PSU required (outside of challenge mode obviously) virtually no cooperation as a party.

The class system is restrictive to make the game interesting. By doing this all youll end up with is a billion humars again. Every player, playing the exact same race, with virtually the same skills. By giving players a choice, your actually taking their original choices away. All anyone will want to do is optimize for efficiency, making everyone the same.

If PSU did this, heres EXACTLY how everyone would play:

Everyone would be a human for the average stats in everything. Then everyone would carry around the EXACT same 3 weapons:

Rifle for Burn/infect.
    Axe for ATP.
    Rod for Heals and buffs.

And this is why this plan fails.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Niered on 2007-06-24 13:21 ]</font>
    Your view on the matter is what some people may do, but i know that alot people do NOT like rifles ALOt of peple do NOT like axes,a and rods; not so much. I honestly do Not understand how you can say people would choose the same thing, EVRYONE has different likes and dislikes but if you that is what you think.

this thread is just wow.....what the topic again? mags?
    ID: Haseyo FO
    Character: Roll Caskett | Ship: 02
    Character: Hsien-Ko | Ship: 02

On 2007-06-24 14:07, Rashiid wrote:
    ^

how the hell am i saying what ur saying? your saying 'go find it urself and not buy it.'

1) what if we dont have time?
    2) as i said; as a fortetecher; i couldnt solo Dulk Fakis if i wanted a Blackbull.so what else is there to do? get money till sumone finds it.
    You misreed my friend, I said YOU are saying he same thing, everytime, same concept; dofferent wording.

If you don't have time to farm then how do you have time to run missions to get money to buy the item?
    you could solo it as anything, get to the boss door and guess what this is the hard part, one of wo options, bring scapes into the mission, drop them so they re not wasted; come back for them
    Option two: get to the boss door, walk out of the mission, go buy scapes, either way it isn't hard nor is it to hard o the pocket.

lol go out and buy scapes; and its not hard on the pocket. lol.

easy meseta/MP missions dont require allot of time (Crimson Beast; FireBreak A)

but stuff like Fakis and Goliath; those bosses are nexx to impossible to solo on S.
    ID: Haseyo FO
    Character: Roll Caskett | Ship: 02
    Character: Hsien-Ko | Ship: 02

On 2007-06-24 14:43, DurakkenX wrote:
    been done before...
    there would be abuses to it, like there would prolly also be a "add points past S-rank to get bonuses on it" thing... and people like me would choose 1 or 2 weapons and just boost them up. Also, with the pt system suggested you'd want something more like, C-rank = +1pt, B-tank = +2pt, A-rank = +3pt, S-rank = +4pt... so to get an S-rank weapon on a custom class would be 9pts and then there would be bonuses beyond that...We can also then assume that for something like this you'd want to make it so as you lvl it it gets better...so for a few levels you'd be restricted to C/B rank weapons most likely or you could set it up so that to get more points you have to go through some test or series of tests that you have to go through...

The other thing is stats...you could arrange them in order of what you want, or you could apply a pt system to it as well, but there is a balance issue where most melee classes have 60% on MST and/or TP which is a negative stat so you'd have to take that into consideration and the best way to do that would be assign an amount % you can go up to per lvl and then allow the person upon creation to alter a stat between a min/max %... The reason for a max is cuz someone could unbalance it and make ATP, STA, etc 0% and just boost DFP, TP/MST, and HP to max and just obliterate the game ^.^
    You sir, know your shit I salute to you, someone actally made sence on why this would be yes a good idea; but make it to simple, I am honetly glad to see someone else has some wits, even if all of this is true some things can be tweeked a bit, being a class of such degree, would without doubt have penalties like crazy, which would make people not want it.
    You are the ONLY person so far that has made perfect sence on the criticism of this. Well played

On 2007-06-24 18:15, Rashiid wrote:
    lol go out and buy scapes; and its not hard on the pocket. lol.

easy meseta/MP missions dont require allot of time (Crimson Beast; FireBreak A)

but stuff like Fakis and Goliath; those bosses are nexx to impossible to solo on S.
    If that is how you want to look at it go for it..
    I solo dulk fakis on S, i am a cast protranser 80; if i can do it alone im sure a forteguner or fortecer wouldn't have that mch trouble, oh and just so you know i have a fortetecher at lv 55 i know it isnt high enough to solo those kinds of missions, but i can do any mission on parum with here by myself, and i would have a harder time doing on my cast pro, i can heal myself with my techer less funds spent also