Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rappy Hunter

Gameaddict is right 100%. This topic shouldn't have been posted, I knew about the code also and I agree it is a matter to discuss, but just think how many replies are gonna be on this topic, and just think how many cheaters you informed about the code. This topic should be erased, and Sega should be informed about the Item Modifier.

"Socrates, or can I call So-crates? you have an extremely skewed view of the buisness model. With over 200,000 copies being sold on US shores alone, and the response Japan has had with the game, we're pretty much guarunteed a sequel."

Well, yes, unless PSO becomes the laughingstock of the multiplayer gaming circuit.

I have faith that SEGA will implement stuff to keep the cheating and duping to a minimum, but if they do not, I see nothing but bad repercussions.

PSO came out of the box doing wonderfully. But if it slacks off two months out, and dies by the fourth, what sort of message does that send?

Oh, did I mention? CM also released an "equip anything" code along with the "any item" code earlier this evening. Still don't think this will be a problem? I trust that SEGA has some aces up their sleeve.

Oh, and trust me, these codes will be all over the net in a matter of days anyway. The guys over at GSCCC are already distributing it to all their cohorts, and it was just released by CM a hour or so ago.

Master of a basic Emotion..

I think its your choice to take and or give.. to gameshark using their taking the easy way out and giving to weak ppl, they think their doing the right thing. its useless to argue with ones who will not listen..

Monkeys are really Chimps in disguise.

It's going suck, but still, I will be happy when I find a legit rare item. I will feel so much then any duper or cheater ever will. As long as you don't dupe or cheat, the items will still be rare to you. Just don't pay attenion to people who have everything. They arn't you. They don't matter. Items will still be rare as long as you play fair.

Rappy Hunter

I dunno about this, isnt Sega supposed to nailing cheaters? anyway it is irritating when Im playing in the caves for instance, and battling my way thru when this dude pulls out a spread needle and sweeps a room before I can do jack, then right after that he pulls out a Heaven Punishmer. It happened today to me, I got jack for exp and it was boring, I left the game. As for me I keep getting frustrated on the rares I get, so far, I have gotten (1) double saber (1) Slicer of Assassin and thats it for not so common rares (besides the myriads of varistas and db's sabers I was selling off) and I've put 147 hours into a level 78 character. Its frustrating, and Im not going to cheat.

Rappy Hunter

OK a few things.

1. I'm not gonna trade anymore, seeing as how I'm one of those people who would rather earn his loot.

2. This hacking thing would be a moot point if the room creator had a boot command at his disposal.

Rappy Hunter

i doubt that this new code will change the game at all. if people want to cheat they will always find a way to cheat, not to sound harsh you just have to get used to it. i am a lvl 86 Huneweral and i still get pumped when i find a rare when its not a db or vartista, or flowens...well you get the idea. no cheater can take away the feeling you get when you find a rare mag cell on your own, you just think that you rock.

Mercenary for Hire

I like to earn most of my stuff offline, and this cheat code doesn't affect that.

However, I do enjoy the occasional trade, but all the duping and cheating has really spoiled that. Not everybody has some long list of trustworthy friends to trade with. Even my personal friends include a number of unabashed gameshark junkies.

You think all the cheaters will get bored and leave in a few days? Dream on. What other online console RPG are they going to move on to?

I'd honestly rather lose ALL of my current characters to BSoD because backups weren't possible than for duping and cheating to be possible the way it is now.

I sure hope PSO2 has server side gamesaves to prevent most online cheating, even if it does mean I can't build up an online character offline.

Anyone who thinks the cheaters wouldn't have found out about this code if I had not posted about it are deluding themselves. Crawl out of your hole and join the land of the living. I was posting this to inform the legit players of what we are now facing. The cheaters would have known anyway.

END OF LINE...