Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4111213141516 LastLast

On 2007-07-20 18:00, PMB960 wrote:I just don't understand what else you could expect from them.
    How about learning from past mistakes for starters? Maybe avoiding Gameguard and investing in something better? SEGA as a company does not learn and doesnt respond to things very well. I remember all the promises that PSU was taking steps beyond PSO so we wouldnt end up there again. The kinds of problems we see in PSU I do not see in other online games. Not to this degree. When something happens, so much time goes by, if they address it at all.

The e-mail from SEGA was nice. A change maybe? They used to try and brush it under the rug but here at least they come out and apologize and are fairly prompt about it. It doesnt say much though, since they cant compensate lost items or PMs and really have no way to patch the security holes in GG afterall. I feel so bad for them, but they bring it on themselves to no end.

Glad you still carry the torch for SEGA though. I did for years and years on end.

this topic is still going eh....>_> <_<

dammit. we must find Juan before this Jake guy gets too powerful...

On 2007-07-20 19:41, juno-6 wrote:
    dammit. we must find Juan before this Jake guy gets too powerful...
    Lmfao. Dude, that was awesome.

Guardian of Grants

I never said this was a topic focused on getting items back, the e-mail clearly states we may never get our items back. It was just nice to get an e-mail from Sega following up on anything! That was all.

I never asked the mods to close even when it became heated this was because of how many ways it was interpreted and what you guys feel is worth fighting for.

Ranting and venting frustration is also the great pasttime of humanity, baseball is up in the list because it involves the swinging of melee objects. Complain to anyone who will listen, take a breath, and then go on with life, I do it all the time myself. That's why pretty much everyone who is here will still continue to play the game even after they've argued their piece. Some people obviously needed to get things off their chest, some still do, so I suppose this was a good a place as any.

On 2007-07-20 19:01, AeraLure wrote

How about learning from past mistakes for starters? Maybe avoiding Gameguard and investing in something better? SEGA as a company does not learn and doesnt respond to things very well. I remember all the promises that PSU was taking steps beyond PSO so we wouldnt end up there again. The kinds of problems we see in PSU I do not see in other online games. Not to this degree. When something happens, so much time goes by, if they address it at all.

The e-mail from SEGA was nice. A change maybe? They used to try and brush it under the rug but here at least they come out and apologize and are fairly prompt about it. It doesnt say much though, since they cant compensate lost items or PMs and really have no way to patch the security holes in GG afterall. I feel so bad for them, but they bring it on themselves to no end.

Glad you still carry the torch for SEGA though. I did for years and years on end.

Other online games do have the exact same problems as PSU. The difference being that PSU doesn't have the same user base as those other games. Take WoW. When 1000 hell even 10000 people have items taken do you think you would hear about it? 9 million people play that game, so I mean whats a couple thousand people to them? Those other games have far far far more serious problems too, beyond what you could possibly imagine.

As for investing in something better than GG? The Phantasy Star series isn't exactly popular in the US and Europe. For the companies perspective is it better to put the money in a game you know will generate lots of money or something that might? Sega isn't Microsoft. Who knows how expensive it is to get these security solutions for these games.

I really do think they will refund the items or compensate people in some way. The guy stole room decos, meseta, and 0 bombed PMs. People asking for Crea Doubles and P-wands(which weren't out then) will obviously be refused. Sega obviously doesn't want the series to die entirely which could very well happen if they continued to ignore these problems so yeah they have to do SOMETHING about it.

ST did fix problems from PSO too. Remeber having your charater corrupted and restarting from level 1? Remeber getting FSOD and losing all unequiped items? That kind of stuff really isn't possible anymore. So yeah I would say that is a gigantic improvement over PSO.

Guardian of Grants

The difference between this and most other games is that PSU generally doesn't even acknowledge the problems, whereas in most games a GM will at least eventually get back to you. That's why this was actually quite a surprise...
    *singing* Time to check my e-maillll... e-mailll... e-ma-whoa, holy cow, there's a new update from Sega??? This is like, rarer than the Frying Pan and the Sonic Decoration! * saves three copies and prints out five more while singing the 'Saving and Printing' song *

Okay, it didn't go quite like that, my printer is broken. But I personally think it was worthwhile to note that Sega actually did write again instead of quickly sweeping it under the rug.

I read it on PSOW, so it must be true

On 2007-07-20 20:48, PMB960 wrote:
    Remeber having your charater corrupted and restarting from level 1? Remeber getting FSOD and losing all unequiped items?
    Nobody remembers that shit, because they want to keep PSO in their minds as the greatest invention to ever grace their presence.

On 2007-07-19 21:22, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:
    we may have to compensate you
    on a case by case basis which may take longer.
    That means that they will go to you one by one, asking which items/meseta/etc. did you lose and they will eventually restore them during a maintenance. It will take longer, but at least you will get something back in return, eventually
    The obvious loophole, which was pointed out: ask for stuff you never had. They could give you a limited amount of items, so you get something back for your troubles. I'm an honest guy but this is a game, so I'll take the items, but I won't abuse it.

@Jackel--- I'd find your claims about losing an item more believable if you weren't in possession of multiple S-ranks -__-

@Thread--- Also, I dislike hackers but most hackers do have lives, contrary to popular belief. Hell, I used to hack on Counterstrike. I was one o' dem scrip kiddies. But I stopped after a short time of doing it. Problem is, you're ruining the game for real people on the other end. It's not fair. Having fun is good and all but you shouldn't be taking it away from others. Hack all you want, do it all any time, as long as you want, rain, sunshine, Hell, freakin' wank as you do it for all I care but don't ruin our play experience because you "just wanna have fun" or whatever justification you can spew out.

@Sega--- They should be doing a way better job on this game, they've had countless experiences in PSO. At least they're trying, enough people still play the game and their doing little things like this. I say little because they may not restore you items at all. But they said they'd compensate, maybe a server-gift is in store, who knows?

PS--- What am I doing in PSU General?

Resist/Demon++

On 2007-07-21 07:50, Sgt_Shligger:
    The obvious loophole, which was pointed out: ask for stuff you never had. They could give you a limited amount of items, so you get something back for your troubles. I'm an honest guy but this is a game, so I'll take the items, but I won't abuse it.
    They're scanning data to see if you indeed had the items.