Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

EB/Gamestop take preorders all the time for games that don't have set release dates, it's not like them to not take money for a preorder. I pre-ordered Capcom vs. SNK Card Fighters Clash over a year before it came out, and it's release date got pushed numerous times...and that game is pretty niche.

I also remember seeing people post they have already pre-ordered the game...at the start of this summer when it got announced, so it's odd they're saying they can't now. And like I said before, the one store DID take pre-orders for it when it was in their system, they had just taken it OUT and siezed the pre-order program. (ofcourse, he could've been blowing smoke up my ### I really can't know with these Game Store employees)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GutsGO on 2007-08-20 14:42 ]</font>

My Current Favorite Poster: KubaraManiac JAFO22000's Avatar
    Texas Chainsaw Mascara, 'cause that's where you're from!

On 2007-08-20 14:37, omegapirate2k wrote:
    Can anyone preorder PSU: AOI yet? Because november 20th isn't exactly a set in stone release date, could that be the case?
    I haven't tried to preorder as I will be downloading it via Live.

On 2007-08-20 14:43, JAFO22000 wrote:
    On 2007-08-20 14:37, omegapirate2k wrote:
    Can anyone preorder PSU: AOI yet? Because november 20th isn't exactly a set in stone release date, could that be the case?
    I haven't tried to preorder as I will be downloading it via Live.
    Speaking of, will the 360 version even be released in disc form? Or is the only option downloading over xbox live (Which I have no qualms with, and plan to do even if its released on a disc)

mvffin...what did that have to do with the subject of this thread? Anyway, I have no clue about PSU:AoI not being released or ANYTHING like that...I just read up on the newest things about it here.

On 2007-08-20 15:20, Galax wrote:
    mvffin...what did that have to do with the subject of this thread? Anyway, I have no clue about PSU:AoI not being released or ANYTHING like that...I just read up on the newest things about it here.
    Clearly he was advocating the will of the Jarbas.

Indifferently Apathetic HaydenX's Avatar

On 2007-08-20 15:06, mvffin wrote:
    i wanna pre order duke nukem forever.
    Go ahead...Throw your money away

I wish I could get a job at a Gamestop. I've been looking for work for forever (I'm about to start college), and can't find any. I know just about everything there is to know about video games (and have programmed a couple of simple ones). If only I met employees that cared as much about the gaming industry as much as I do.
    Ship 02
    Violet: Fighter 44/Hunter 34
    Thanatoa: Force 36/Techer 15

2 down, 1 to go!

I used to be a store manager for Gamestop, and I only hired employees who were not only knowledgeable about games but also very excited about them. I had alot of "geeks" on my staff, but we were all passionate about gaming and we used to always get the "man you guys are way better than the other store" line. I took pride in that.....

but I understand what you mean, about half the employees in some stores were worthless, only there because

a) they were a girl, and gamers will buy anything from girls

b) they have a friend who works there and they needed a job.

it was and still is pretty bad.
    Stryke Force is watching. Always.

Indifferently Apathetic HaydenX's Avatar

On 2007-08-20 15:39, shotsfired wrote:
    I used to be a store manager for Gamestop, and I only hired employees who were not only knowledgeable about games but also very excited about them. I had alot of "geeks" on my staff, but we were all passionate about gaming and we used to always get the "man you guys are way better than the other store" line. I took pride in that.....

but I understand what you mean, about half the employees in some stores were worthless, only there because

a) they were a girl, and gamers will buy anything from girls

b) they have a friend who works there and they needed a job.

it was and still is pretty bad.
    I remember once meeting a hot anime/gamer chick at a Gamestop...but she was married (F*************...longest f bomb evar...*********)
    Ship 02
    Violet: Fighter 44/Hunter 34
    Thanatoa: Force 36/Techer 15

Eh, that's not just Gamestop. A lot of service jobs will only hire females because it's easier for them to coax more money out of hapless guys, or are more "comfortable" to be around which brings customers back in. Not just gamers... they do it at convenience stores, restaurants, bars, department stores, etc.

But yeah, I've heard it confirmed for a NA release, but no date given. It will be downloadable via LIVE for the 360. Dunno if they will sell a retail disk though. Depending on the size of the download, I'd prefer it on a disk. Those bitty little HDD's that MS sells with the premium 360's fill up VERY quickly and I can't see myself dropping the cash for the larger 360 HDD considering how dirt cheap PC HDD's are in comaprison.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

This thread is pointless, end of.

The OP is just 'worried' over nothing, 360, PS2 and PC are all going to get the expansion when its released whenever that is so calm yourselves.

And if ST did decide for whatever reason to pull the release for the 360 that would be THE biggest mistake they could make considering it holds the biggest population over PS2 servers.
    Get busy living or get busy dying.

Sylpheed - Beast Acrofigher 130/20
    Crimson - CAST Fortegunner 130/20