Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So yeah, another offline topic... there's not much info in the guides for offline stuffs (especially item drop locations, which would be awesome).

So anyhow, I'm wondering what I should hunt for and do offline to make the game more fun?

I can't afford online (loved online back on PSO...played since the Dreamcast days) and I really don't have the time to play online (have a newborn that likes to wake up sporadically in the middle of the night, which would be horrible in the middle of a boss fight...I'd have to abandon my team mates).

I have so far obtained:
    Black Heart
    Nightwalker
    Death Dance (I think that's what they're called)

And a few other nice items, but nothing too rare. I really would love Whitill Wing and Creas, but what else (as a Human character) should I look for and do offline?

Oh and does anyone know if the PM upgrade items can be found/obtained offline?

thanks,

-- J

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

The only things that can be found and not bought (or synthed from bought materials) is Svaltus Sword, Serafi Daggers, and Whitill Wings. The latter two can be hunted in Hive, and the former... Well, I'll tell you if you ask me.

I believe the Svaltus board is obtained via S-ranking one of the level 60 free missions right?

That kinda sucks that there's not really much to the offline aspect of the game.

Heck, previous versions were actually called Phantasy Star ONLINE and had more offline content than this one. Odd.

-- J

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Yes, that's how the board itself is made. To get the weapon, though, you need three kubara woods, which are significantly more difficult to get.

Found a Kubara Wood in the Hive last night. Also found the Dagger of Serafi which is an awesome weapon. I took those daggers and destroyed the Absolute Zero mission. Got my Svaltus Board.

Still wondering if PM upgrade items can be obtained offline? Anyone have some insight here?

thanks,

-- J

Guardian's Member

I gotcha a Serafi Dagger with Ethan(I think it's the Pink one, no?)

See ya!

X.X

Yeah, they're pink-ish.

Found Whitill Wing tonight. This is a little too easy... is there anything like REALLY, REALLY rare to find offline?

Still wondering about the PM upgrades for offline too, so if anyone has any insight at alll, please let me know.

thanks,

-- J

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CrazyJ on 2007-08-30 19:20 ]</font>

On 2007-08-30 19:17, CrazyJ wrote:

Found Whitill Wing tonight. This is a little too easy... is there anything like REALLY, REALLY rare to find offline?
    Keep your sanity while you still have it

I'm not sure if they're usable in the offline, but in online, they can be bought in the Room Decoration store on the second floor, so try checking there.

Anything rare offline?
    Pretty much, no, there isn't. I've played offline for ages, and the only thing I've found is Whitill Wing and about 2 Kubara wood.
    PM upgrades is a no-go. Room decoration tickets are unobtainable, too.
    Sonic Team were obviously focused more on the Online aspect of the game than the Offline =]
    P.S. Where'd you get your Daggers of Serafi? I've been wondering for a while now... =]

Got the daggers from a Bel Pannon (sp?)(the little hopping guys). It was one that had all kinds of resistances or attributes or whatever that stuff is under their name and level.

It was on my second Hive run. Found the Kubara Wood on that same run.

On my third I found the Whitill Wing and a Granarod or whatever that's called.

This sucks...any other weapons I can hope to find? Or units or whatever?

-- J