Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Oldschool transformers kick ass. I've got the dvd and a bunch of episodes on a vcd. Memories...

Added: Ya optimist is one bad ass mofo. And if you didn't cry at the part where he dies then you have a heart made of rock hard solid energon.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Auracom on 2003-03-05 13:07 ]</font>

You Need The D? Then You Need Me! Vitamin_D's Avatar

On 2003-03-05 10:20, Nidarrock wrote:
    I was more shocked than sad when Optimus "died". I just couldn't beleive they would do such a thing. But he came back later. I remember the commercials and the shows for "The Return of Optimus Prime!" It was two parter too.
    Yeah, i have those episodes taped on VHS...it was kinda lame how he came back, but I was happy!

I Dream Of Sleep

Mmm, energon goodie, yummy!

Ive got loads of the old Transformers VHS sitting at the bottem of my shelfs right at the mo, even the original 1987 PAL release of the movie (with Spike's swear word removed) and the Return of Optimus Prime. I recentaly bought the DVD version of the Movie for nostalgias (sp?) sake, and it didnt half bring back memories. I love the song 'Instuments of Destruction', the one that plays in the background when the decepticons kill everyone on the shuttle.

Yes, i did cry when Optimus died when i first saw the film in 1987, it was wierd having one of my heros die in a program like that! But when i wathced it again, it was kinda bad when all those decepticons got dumped out of Astrotrain, to be left floating in space forever by there allies.

Wow...Old school...I love old school.

-=Larian goes and remebers the good old days=-

i R 1337, 0wnz j00

yea i was upset when optimus died, then happy when he came back cause he owned, i was also very pleased when it played that song with the lyrics "you got the touch, you got the power" when hot rod turns into rodimus prime from the matrix and optimus was like "arise rodimus prime"
    man that movie had the most kick ass songs ever

as great as that scene was. i don't think Hot Rod deserved the Matrix. It was HIS fault that Optimus died in the first place!

R

Wielder of Divine Might

On 2003-03-06 09:59, MonkeyFunky wrote:
    as great as that scene was. i don't think Hot Rod deserved the Matrix. It was HIS fault that Optimus died in the first place!

R
    That's for the Matrix to decide.

Kitten induced fun spasm

I remember renting Transformers: The Movie when I was a wee young 'un at Block Buster. There was this cool "geeky" 17-ish guy talking about how it was the greatest movie ever.

*basks in waves of nostalgia*

i R 1337, 0wnz j00

hot was it hot rods fault that optimus died, even though he didnt die, megatron kicked optimus ass, he could have died from wounds later on anyways, hot rod was just doing what he thought was right

OOOHHHH yea you know why hot rod did that it was because megatron was going for his gun, optimus would have "died" anyways

*eats* nummy..*wonders if theres more...*