Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

On 2007-09-10 16:25, Pillan wrote:

The reason ST didn’t give GT S rank cards isn’t because they hate GT; it’s because they’d become overpowered.
    I can't help but wonder your opinion of level 30 bullets and S-Rank cards on AF, which has a considerably higher ATP rating than GT.

On 2007-09-10 16:29, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:
    I can't help but wonder your opinion of level 30 bullets and S-Rank cards on AF, which has a considerably higher ATP rating than GT.
    AF has an A rank cap of cards. It's AT with the S cards. That and it's like comparing GT's mech and twin handgun damage to FG's right now. GT wins because the 10 level difference with the opposite element results in a much higher damage modifier.

AT, on the other hand, has lower ATP, ATA, AND a 20 level lower bullet cap, so there's no competition. fT's stats are so low that you can't even bother considering it even now where GT and fT have the same max.

I don't have the stats on card growth after 30, so I can't tell you exactly how it will play out, but that's my expectation.

Delete please. O:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ffuzzy-Logik on 2007-09-10 18:05 ]</font>

Delete.

H8 forum errors srsly.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ffuzzy-Logik on 2007-09-10 18:06 ]</font>

Delete this one too ohgod.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ffuzzy-Logik on 2007-09-10 18:06 ]</font>

Yeah, that's what I meant.

Anyway, the point is that GT is RAmarl-ly broken in AoI.

EDIT: Furthermore, the forum keeps going wonky, and consequently this post will probably show up twenty times.

I'd like to see another S rank or two on wartecher. Maybe twin sabers; lord knows the average FI doesn't appreciate them. I'd happily take them off their hands. It's not so much that I think that lacking in S ranks makes me weak (it does, it's just the least of my concerns), but only being able to equip a small fraction of the rare and unique items in the game is...just seems like it sucks the fun out of item hunting.

I was hoping that there'd be a healthy amount of rare A-ranks, like the Adahna Cannon, to provide some spiffy things to use in weapon types I have no S in, but if they're going up to 15* to accommodate new items, that seems unlikely.

PS: A saber can be superior to a dagger in a few situations, one of them being that Rising Strike is better damage on Adahna due to the second target being too high out of the range of most skills.

On 2007-09-10 15:31, Pillan wrote:
    On 2007-09-10 15:11, Zorafim wrote:
    I think fFs and FGs should use the S rank weapons they're given. Considering how many PAs they have for them, they should be able to cover most situations. I'll admit, though, I do kind of want to use Tornado Dance and Rising Crush...
    Well, as it stands right now, an fF is never going to be able to beat its Renkai damage with only 6 ranks higher of weapon (except for high DFP enemies...) and the same for an fG with mechs (aside from the rare situations where shotguns get 7+ hits and you don't have to move around). We'll probably see some unique Kubara S ranks that break that, but really I'd say use whatever you want just because you're always better off than anyone else.

On the other hand, a dagger has like 4 ranks lower ATP than a spear and 3 ranks lower ATP than a saber/claw, so WT will have use for those weapons for some time. Nothing a GT can do can keep up with its card damage, so why wouldn't you keep using those? And Fighgunner's higher base ATA is high enough to make a significant difference between it and Fortefighter when spamming swords, especially with Gravity Break just around the corner.

I say we're given the options for a reason. Obviously someone will find a use for them, but no weapon has been labeled as mandatory, regardless of rank.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pillan on 2007-09-10 15:34 ]</font>
    Looks like you just won this thread, dude.
    Street Fighter IV: Chun Li, Ryu
    King of Fighters XII: Terry, Kim, Kyo
    BlazBlue: Litchi, Noel

Personally I wish that the S-ranks stood for "speical" instead of "superior." It doesn't of course, but what I mean by that is wishing that the S-rank variants of weaponry had different advantages other than simply overpowering the next lowest star rarity.
    One of the neatest ideas I've heard in a while, F-Gattacca, S-Rank should also have something unique about them other than sheer strength.

Spread Needle is a prime example, weak as hell in terms of ATP, but it was so damn fast and could easily paralyze groups.

(Sorry if any ideas were repeated, I didn't bother to read through the whole thread)

I gets joo! joo can't use joo powaaaz!

Twin Pistol using Fortegunners
    Why not Sega, why I love mobility of twins yet you don't even give the most gun using class S rank twins, it just doesnt make sense ;(

I want S rank twins! for ForteG!!