Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Halo 3

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

On 2007-09-13 21:27, Rubius-sama wrote:
    Out of all the new weapons the return, of the Assault Rifle was my favourite. You no longer have to start with a pea-shooter. The AR is great for close-mid range battle and pretty versatile. One mag won't kill off an opponent so you'll have to either use grenades, melee, or secondary weapon to finish your target.

Spikers are great too but I only use them in combos. Dual Spiker combo is the most powerful close-range weapon.
    The AR was kind of a pea shooter to being with. What they really need to bring back is the original Pistol, haha.

I've been waiting for this game since I finished Halo 2 campaign...and can't believe it's so near! I played the beta, and man....it was incredible! I mean, they didn't have half of the save game features, and no campaign or anything - but I still loved it MUCH more than Halo 2.

What really gets me tickled is how Bungie says, with Halo 2, they really didn't have enough time for polish. They barely got the game out working, and even then there was plenty of bugs that spoilt multiplayer. And how now, they've had almost 2 months of pure refinement and bug squashing. I really can't wait to find out the story, but can't wait even more to play co-op with my friends online.

I've gone so far as to be getting uni work out of the way before it's even started, so I have a good 3/4 days uninterrupted gaming. Yeah, I'm looking forward to it THAT much.

Oh, and the Assault Rifle was by far my favourite weapon. Viva la tripod...

Everyone will notice that they pulled out all the stops in regards to weapons for this release; we get the flamethrower, a missile-pod launcher, and a chaingun.(all used through the third person firing mode)

I've had mine on pre-order; actually my mom kept tabs on it being released and had it pre-ordered for me as a belated birthday gift, which was pretty nifty. I'm looking forward to it, but I haven't really been thinking about it with other things going on.
    Look, he did it again.

lol @ that sticky teabagging comment. Haven't paid too much attention to what's been going on but the bubble shield sounds cool and that 4 player campaign is going to be awesome.

I know I won't be getting it on launch but I have a few real life buddies that plan on getting it so I'm gonna get it when they do.

the spiker is only good when its dual weilded. you can kill a person with an assault rifle pretty fast. the carbine is alot better. the pistol still sucks. the spartan laser is the best weapon in the game imo. cant wait for the full game to drop

On 2007-09-14 10:11, ABDUR101 wrote:
    Everyone will notice that they pulled out all the stops in regards to weapons for this release; we get the flamethrower, a missile-pod launcher, and a chaingun.(all used through the third person firing mode)
    A neat tactic I found with the Missle Pod, once you get a lock on a vehicle, pull the reticle up as you fire. The missles take a few seconds to start off towards their target, and aiming them up allows them to track a lot better.
    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.

ya 4 player campaign co-op is what a lot of people are gonna do from the get go.

I mean multiplayer versus will always be there, so best to save that last once the campaign is over. then when MP gets tiresome, more co-op campaign goodness. then back and forth.

I dunno about Forge though, even if you can make like 8 vehicles on the map, there are only 8 players for Forge matches, so there'll be a lot of empty seats in most vehicles.

I'm more looking forward to the deeper customization in the Advanced Customizable Match Types and Rules you can create for matches that support 16 players.

I haven't played a Halo game since the first two months Halo 2 came out, so Halo 3 will feel refreshing to me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saner on 2007-09-14 15:52 ]</font>

Down for the Getdown

I plan on getting a 360 soon, and this game as well.
    I'm not too excited for it though, I got tired of Halo a few months after part 2 came out. This just looks to be the same shit.

On 2007-09-14 17:55, DizzyDi wrote:
    I'm not too excited for it though, I got tired of Halo a few months after part 2 came out. This just looks to be the same shit.
    At this point, if you're not in it for the story and the same gameplay, with added implements of death; stay out of the pool.
    Look, he did it again.

[b]On 2007-09-14 15:01, Obsidian_Knight
    A neat tactic I found with the Missle Pod, once you get a lock on a vehicle, pull the reticle up as you fire. The missles take a few seconds to start off towards their target, and aiming them up allows them to track a lot better.
    That tactic works in pretty much any game that uses a tracking-type missile weapon. You aim up, the weapon arcs, and has more flight time to hit the target as opposed to smacking the ground or any debris. It's akin to more or less shooting down on your opponent.

I'm quite the fan of indirect fire weaponry, personally.
    Look, he did it again.