Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

On 2007-09-25 19:56, Dragwind wrote:
    On 2007-09-25 19:49, RyukiZero wrote:
    Last I checked, WarTecher WAS the definition of PSU's HUmar. Especially in AoI.
    Checked? Where did you check this? It was never clamied that Wartecher WAS the definition as you say to be the PSU humar. Not in AoI either. Humar had NO where as close as the teching power that WT has.

That's just a complete fail statement...I can't believe you really said that.

I wasn't really looking at the stats when I said what I did. Rather, I was thinking more of what they were able to use, in terms of weaponry and PA's. A HUmar was able to use a wide-variety of weapons, while being able to use techs (even if they were low-leveled compared to say.. a RAmarl).

When I first joined PSU (last year in October), talk about WT being a sucky class went around. I looked at what WT could do (but never played it personally at the time) and automatically thought "Yeah, that's definitely a HUmar-ish class right there".

So hey, if I said something stupid, I apologize, considering you're the WT expert.

Isn't Wartecher closer to HUney? what with the powerful techs and all? I'm offline, so I don't actually know.

I never played a HUnewearl, but that sounds more plausible than me saying they're closest to HUmar.

On 2007-09-25 20:32, Pillan wrote:
    On 2007-09-25 20:28, ShadowTFF wrote:
    Seriously. This is two different games, despite the whole idea of ranged, melee and magic classes. If HUmar fits the WT bill, then tell me what PSO class would qualify as a Figunner.
    HUcaseal
    I was about to reply with that, until I noticed you beat me to it. I don't care what anyone says, nearly any class in PSU can be compared to the playstyle of a PSO class.

Fighgunner=HUcaseal
    Wartecher=HUnewearl
    Guntecher=Similar to RAmarl, especially come AoI
    Fortefighter=HUcast
    Fortegunner=Any RA class really.
    Fortetecher=FOnewm/FOnewearl
    Acrofighter=From the stats, again like HUcaseal
    Acrotecher=FOmarl/FOmar or HUnewearl?

That's how I think of the PSU classes anyway. I think it's hard to not see the resemblence to PSO, even if the actual battle system is different- though even that has similarities (3-hit combos anyone?)

I'm not saying PSU is PSO, or vice versa, but there are similarities, and this still is a Phantasy Star game, which has clearly drawn on aspects of PS/PSO. To totally dismiss that PSU is anything like PSO you might choose to do, but I can see a lot of similar areas everytime I play.

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

Isn't Wartecher closer to HUney?
    I never played a HUnewearl, but that sounds more plausible than me saying they're closest to HUmar.
    HUnewearl and HUmar are COMBINATIONS of job/race - you gotta include the RACES too. Like I said it's no use of trying to pin the PSU jobs on the PSO classes without considering the particular race.
    That's why you both are right in a way. Consider Beast/Cast WT (usually) more HUmar-like and Human/Newman WT more HUne like.

I would like to see a WT-like class with more melee power and less magic power.

S rank: sword, knuckles,...
    A rank: axe, wand,...
    skill 30 or 40, attack tech 10, support tech 20 or 30