Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

I maxed out three types as myself: Fighgunner, Fortegunner, and Guntecher.

They're all types that can use Machineguns, which says a lot, heh.

With Fighgunner I can actually melee reasonably well, although it comes at a loss of bullet hitting power and lack of ranged toys/rifles.

With Fortegunner I can use my full ranged arsenal and get the most hitting power out of my machineguns, though melee doesn't work out as well.

And with Guntecher, I can use rifles and (most importantly) s-rank machineguns.

Fortegunner. I remember at one point caring only for the saber&gun combo (I'd have saber as my only blade), but it turned out EVERY class can do that and I wound up liking shotguns most so I had to choose the class with the shotguns and BFGs. Protranser is my secondary class since it has my favorite FoG guns but combines them with swords and axes, my secondary blades. In AoI PT might become my primary if the reduced ATP is amply compensated. (I found myself not meleeing much as a PT so I switched back to FoG for the ATP.)

Within my 4 characters I got all the classes covered, with AoI I will most likely be dropping Wartecher though unless I find a convincing reason to stay as such.
    The Storm Is About To Rage
    Ship 9
    Male Human - HU65 | FI64 | BR65
    Female Newman - FO65 | HU40 | TE65 | FI65 | BR65 | RA33
    Female Cast - RA65 | GU65 | HU65 | BR47

I chose a class? Nah, I've tried a lot of classes, and I don't really have a main right now. However, I'm trying to decide on a main class by the time AoI comes out (FI or WT). I have FF, FT, FI, and WT capped. I guess because I like combat and magic, and I'm not interested in bullets or traps (unless combat is more of a focus like in FI).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kylie on 2007-10-14 09:31 ]</font>

PSO2: Kylie.HUnewearl.Sh02

Who let this guy in here?

Fortegunner - Cause I like to go PEW PEW

Fortetecher - Cause I hated WT (originally, however I'll probably multi class in AoI between WT, AT, and fT)

Guntecher - Why not?

Fortefighter/Fighgunner - Didn't have a melee character yet.

Fortetecher, just because I like being whatever the pure spell casting type is in every RPG/MMORPG I've played.

I read it on PSOW, so it must be true

My main is a Fortetecher primary job, because that's what I did in PSO. I enjoyed being the cleric, only this time, my attack technics aren't fucking worthless thanks to that ultimate tech resistance in PSO. And it's a lot more fun this time around, although if I wanted to go back to my melee force ways, I'd have to go either Acrotecher or Wartecher, which I don't plan to do.

His secondary job is Guntecher, and I'm really trying to enjoy it. I chose it because a) He's still 'Techer' and b) None of my other characters REALLY were a ranger class, and I figured I needed atleast one. But I'm really not enjoying it. I'm hoping AoI will change my mind, and the class won't fail on a million different levels, with it's better focus on the, 'Techer' part, but until then, blarg. Unplayable.

My female newman is a Fighgunner. Don't ask why. I like playing her, but doesn't stop her from being many levels of gimp. Frankly, I don't know why I wanted her to be Figh XD Again, enjoying it though

My CAST is a Fortefighter. As is my Beast. Being a melee class is probably the most fun thing in PSU. My Beast is more of a... character. I dunno how else to describe, who doesn't try to level every PA to say he has (That's how all my characters are) except Nevando, who I'm trying to get every two-handed weapon PAs to level 21, except Anga Redda and Ick Hick. No single handed weapons, and definately no guns. He has Fighgunner, but that's just to level Double Saber PAs.

My Beast is also Protranser. I can't help but say they are even more useless than Guntecher, but they ARE a crapload of fun.

Fortefighter because real men melee the legacy of Omega Build must continue. Is also even more entertaining in Aoti, just attacks and weapon rebalances make it highly entertaining.

Fortegunner because I wanted a CAST and that's what they are by default. For my alt I picked Fortetecher, because as a gunner I learned how useful and important a good supporting techer is, and finding one was sometimes difficult.

Well, I loved HUnewearls before in PSU, so I figured "why stop now?" So I was pretty much a hunter since square one. At that point, it became a matter of what to level up my Newman gal to when Advanced classes hit. I'd already spent all my time on Hunter anyways and didn't have any force levels, but it was the lack of S ranks on Wartecher that pretty much sealed the deal for me, especially since my favorite weapon at the time was my sword.

And then I got an axe. That just made things totally justified.

My beast as a Protranser 'cause those sounded neat the moment I heard about them and I had to give them a try. It's fun so far!

And my Cast is a future Acrotecher largely out of good fortune. I thought a satanic Cast who speciallized in buffs and debuffs primarily would be neat, since she could run into the fray and throw those down along with a little healing and not die in one hit. The actual Acro class just came along shortly thereafter with very good timing, which worked out fine as I was reluctant to go Fortetecher for her.