Page 35 of 140 FirstFirst ... 25323334353637384585135 ... LastLast
    Down for the Getdown

On 2007-10-26 01:18, Sgt_Shligger wrote:
    Fox was hard to control? Anyone ever hear of Captain Falcon? I could've sworn he was faster.

Also, it does take some skill to nab items before you opponent. Granted, the effects are random and the items themselves are random but there's nothing unsystematic about commandeering the item before you opponent does. Also, a decent player should be able to fight through items (especially those with ragned moves.)
    Right. Thats how I see it. It takes skill to be able to adapt to any situation that might come up. Only a few items get turned off when I play, like the hammer.

Just checked tonight's update. King Dedede looks to be pretty hardcore. I hope heavy characters are more useful this time around.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DizzyDi on 2007-10-26 06:27 ]</font>

Being able to take advantage of a good situation or cope with a bad one is definitely a display of skill, which luck is part of, both good and bad. You can't rely on luck, as it'll be your downfall if you do, but being able to take advantage of it is key.

I personally enjoyed playing against a level 9 ganondorf with level 9 handicap while I only had one and avoiding him on a stage to make him die, quite entertaining.

Flamebaiting? I don't want to start a flame war.

Regardless, I agree Diz. I hope that the heavier characters get their fair swing in Brawl n.n
    Kyousei - 21 Fnewm

The Master of Mispeled Words Moo2u's Avatar

I used to play Donkey Kong from time to time in Melee. His super punch always caught people by surprise. I'm hoping DeDeDe's rocket hammer has the same effect.

Also...

Anyone hoping that if kirby eats Waddle Doo he gets some mad beam powers?

Down for the Getdown

FUCK YEAH MAGE KIRBY!
    Still waiting on the Ganondorf update though. I plan on making him my main. I wanna use mostly heavies this time around.

I read it on PSOW, so it must be true

Why are people arguing about the point of the game? Luck or skill?

People should play whatever means they're enjoying themselves. Whether it be on a changing stage with items, a flat stage with no items, super handicaps to make damage low with Bo-bombs flying everywhere, or Pokeballs only etc. Smash Bros is all about customizable fun.

The Master of Mispeled Words Moo2u's Avatar

On 2007-10-27 11:46, PJ wrote:

People should play whatever means they're enjoying themselves. Whether it be on a changing stage with items, a flat stage with no items, super handicaps to make damage low with Bo-bombs flying everywhere, or Pokeballs only etc. Smash Bros is all about customizable fun.
    FACT

Beware of Beast.
    In a warped reality between life and cupcakes

On 2007-10-27 14:38, Moo2u wrote:
    On 2007-10-27 11:46, PJ wrote:

FACT
    Wow. I was JUST about to reply to him. Indeed it is a fact.

Oh and to all you Bowser users, Bowser seems to be real good this time around according to the reports from E for All. I can't wait to play Metaknight, xP.

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

On 2007-10-27 14:44, Jaysky wrote:
    Oh and to all you Bowser users, Bowser seems to be real good this time around according to the reports from E for All. I can't wait to play Metaknight, xP.

He should be good. He's the Mother *^%&ing King Koopa! You may say "but, he lost to Mario!" Sure, but how many times did it take Mario to beat him? Huh?