Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Room Hackers?

so this apparent hacker resets your PM's level? I thought it was something more dangerous. With my PM at a low level, its no big deal. As for the Random card giving, I have little to no choice as I am online as such random times that I have yet to meet anyone from the PSOW community. That and the reality that I am still new around here and all... but hey Rome wasn't built in a day. Besides, I don't make enemies online. There's no fun in being hated.
    Real Heroes do not fight wars. They are born to prevent them.

Sorry for the horrible quality!
    Kenneth Silver - Male - Human - Former Guardian... for now.

Well, other hackers have also emptied the common box and the storage/shop, so don't think they aren't dangerous to anyone's hard-earned loot. Just remember that right now they're still neutralized.

well sometimes locking your room helps. with a really complex code. =P

I thought the idea with most of this was that they can get into your room regardless of a password or not. I think the best way to stop this stuff is too just bring your valuable weapons and meseta with you instead of leaving it in your room.

Yeah, needless to say I'm not handing my card out anymore. I had myself a nice 34% 2 headed ragnus up for sale/trade, and someone came in and hacked and got it! I swear I knew who these people were, because I'd knock every single tooth out of their mouth in RL!

Lol, you guys get so worked up about hackers. I really don't understand what you have against them. I really don't mind if someone makes items that aren't released, etc. In fact, if you noticed, it helped our database.

I remember, people used to confuse my name with Ryuk...someone even mailed me "Can U make ME FLOAT?"...>__> lol

Honestly, everytime a topic like this comes up, someone mails me going "OMFG LOCK YOUR ROOM!"
    However, usually it's nothing..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryoki on 2007-11-12 13:47 ]</font>

the trouble is when they steal or delete something you own.

now that isn't funny.

On 2007-11-12 13:44, Ryoki wrote:
    Lol, you guys get so worked up about hackers. I really don't understand what you have against them. I really don't mind if someone makes items that aren't released, etc. In fact, if you noticed, it helped our database.

I remember, people used to confuse my name with Ryuk...someone even mailed me "Can U make ME FLOAT?"...>__> lol

Honestly, everytime a topic like this comes up, someone mails me going "OMFG LOCK YOUR ROOM!"

What Saner above said. Like I said, I had a 2 headed Ragnus that I LEGITAMATELY found! Even though these 1up missions help us find items well enough, it still takes time and work to find this stuff. When you have a fucking idiot like a hacker who comes in and takes your stuff, I wouldn't call that nothing. It's one thing not to worry about it when it doesn't happen to you. When it does, it pisses you off. Period.

So needless to say, you can go on about helping our database and blah blah blah, because that is just a phailed opinion. I don't want nothing that isn't legitimate in the game. The stuff I want is what I find, what Sega gives us every update, and look forward to the game's future on what's in store. Our database is just fine now, and not to mention, AoI is going to give us even more. I like this game a lot, and I don't think it's going to make you very happy when people come to your storage and make themselves at home.

I'm not afraid of hackers, I personally just think they are azzholes. I hope the jackass hacker is reading this, so I say to you...F-you, and leave people's shit alone!

On 2007-11-12 13:44, Ryoki wrote:

No offense but hackers are people who cheat and make the online version unbalanced so it's not like they are helping anyone but themselves. <.<
    --------------------------------------------------
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.

I don't think that people should run away, lock the door, hide their partner cards and shun the world, neither do i want to be so oblivious that I walk into my room and it is cleaned out. The end result of this argument is to see what Sega is going to do about it. If Sega can make the rooms stronger against hackers and offer out stiff punishments for hackers, then maybe the lure to hack can be nipped in the bud. Besides, even though some hacks are funny and cool to know about; that kind of power does something to the people who learn how. Food for thought: Absolute powers tends to corrupt absolutley
    Real Heroes do not fight wars. They are born to prevent them.

Sorry for the horrible quality!
    Kenneth Silver - Male - Human - Former Guardian... for now.