Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

On 2007-11-13 22:23, AlphaMinotaux wrote:
    doesn't evasion play a much larger role now since parries = counters?
    Not really, since JA does the same thing.

Cant JA if you are on the ground though >_>.. And i always forget about the counter thing. So yeah more EVP = more counters and less time flinching, falling and w/e when you get hit.

Woot 100 posts and ive been here over four years @_@

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: xJermariox on 2007-11-13 22:32 ]</font>

If you get hit enough to make a human or Newman outdamage you, you suck as a hunter. Period.

Based on stats alone, I'd say either a Human, a CAST, or a Beast. CASTs get SUVs, while Beasts get Nanoblasts. Unless Human will end up getting Photon Blasts, it isn't the best race made for the license, Acrofighter.

On 2007-11-13 22:09, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:
    On 2007-11-13 21:34, Starrz wrote:
    Beast
    Yep.

The posted stats should make this painfully clear.
    Going to have to agree.

I would think that everyone will use a slicer to begin with. And since Slicers are 1h weapons, everyone's gonna be using a shadoog to boot. I guess we'll just have to see exactly how effective these shadoogs are going to be. Other than that, humans are definately looking better as Acrofighters, which personally is a relief to me. FINALLY something humans are good at.

Stat wise, human is the best. It has the most well rounded amounts in the stats that matter the most (including EVP which the job was intended to work with). Alot of you also seem to be forgetting that the elemental system changes were put in to put more emphasis on the weapon instead of the elemental mod and base stats.

In the end though, it comes down to what you're playing style is. Even then, the difference in stats between the races will likely end up not meaning much in the long run. In alot of cases, race is more of just how you want your character to look.

On 2007-11-13 22:01, Pillan wrote:
    Remember Shadoogs only fire 3 shots once every 3 seconds
    Never seen an S grade one have you? Penetrating beam like a laser cannon and they fire rather frequently. You know when someone has one equipped in a party because there's almost constant beams firing every where.

That and the TP difference is meaningless if you're not equipping a Shadoog.
    And if you're not using a shadoog why are you playing an AF to begin with? I think it was established long ago by those that played AF that shadoogs are extermely helpful to the job type and very under rated. Maybe if you ever get off of your "zomg! cast r teh best!!" mindset you can actually see what a job type like this is capable off -_-;

Only a little lower ATP and a hueg TP difference when looking at human vs beast, if shadoogs are only half decent then human looks like the clear winner here.

Human Supremacy, and all that

Scarlet / ID:aurly; Shock Nurse @ Ship 2!

On 2007-11-14 00:48, Soukosa wrote:
    Alot of you also seem to be forgetting that the elemental system changes were put in to put more emphasis on the weapon instead of the elemental mod and base stats.
    I could have sworn ST said they were changing the system to emphasize base stats rather than weapon and element stats. And that becomes a lot more apparent with the ATP stat on every hunter class rivaling that of an axe. But, still, that deviation is multiplied by the PA mod and something between 1.1 and 1.38 for the element mod and then another 1.5 for the Just Attack mod, so arguing that any race can do anything to make up for their lack of ATP on a hunter class is kind of futile. Especially not one with an overkill ATA mod like AF.

Never seen an S grade one have you? Penetrating beam like a laser cannon and they fire rather frequently. You know when someone has one equipped in a party because there's almost constant beams firing every where.
    Unfortunately, I trust the JP Wiki slightly more than that statement. Also I’m still a bit concerned about how efficient an automated laser cannon would be. I mean, the main reason lasers don’t suck is because we can aim them and insure that the bullet hits more than 3 mobs.

And if you're not using a shadoog why are you playing an AF to begin with? I think it was established long ago by those that played AF that shadoogs are extermely helpful to the job type and very under rated. Maybe if you ever get off of your "zomg! cast r teh best!!" mindset you can actually see what a job type like this is capable off -_-;
    You’d be using a 2 hand PA with a ridiculous mod, like Ick Hick, or using a card to take care of a flying mob. You know, the same reasons anyone has for doing anything outside of the norm on PSU.

Yeah because between 1600 TP and 1150 TP, it's going to make your shadoogs be a powerhouse, as that's what they're known for.

Beasts have over 200 more HP and over 100 more ATP. Then they have nanoblasts which shit all over the TP from humans.

Maybe if the shadoogs do like 300 more damage between human -> beast, i'll say they might be a shot at being best. Until then, Beast > *
    I still never got that autographed tumbler you promised me years ago PSO-World.