Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Carlo210, comparing protransers to a specific class is pointless.

e.g. i walk into a party as a PT, they are doing a mission which has a flying boss, and a fair few flying enemies. - the party consists of fortegunners. - in this situation you can go all out melee, doing more dps than the gunners, being perfectly supported by the gunners. A mob of flying enemies appear, the PT can now use range as melee is not needed. They get to the boss and its omagoug, you quickly shoot him down and then proceed to use jabroga etc.

A PT may not excel a specific class in a specific situation, but they will excel where the other class is weak. stats aside, they have a weapon for every situation - doesn't that make them a unique class that is effective?
    I'm straight, so what?

sir Jao King of all Spam!!!

PTs help out in speed runs

On 2007-11-19 10:43, GeekRuler wrote:
    Due to the fact that Protransers will totally own everything else in the game I believe this calls for some well deserved "Protranser Pride!"

In AoI Protranser is one of the few classes that isn't getting nerfed innstead we will be "freakin' awesome" as some might say.

We will be able to use all the weapons we have now as S ranks, the EX Traps (exclusively), stat bonuses (much needed) in ATP DFP and such (for human PT's the ATP almost doubles), Bullets will go up to 40 while the Skills stay at 30 (neglectable)

So why not celebrate with "Protranser Pride!"
    all i know is that on the 360 this guy named TOASTA male beast will be the BEST protranser any bets im happy for him cool kid got whut he earned
    Images in signatures cannot exceed 35000 bytes. The image in your signature was 375210 bytes.

sir Jao King of all Spam!!!

so in that quote some classes are being nerfed?

Not really, no. Unless you count not getting a huge boost as a nerf.

I believe Fortegunners and CASTS in general are nerfed don't call me out on that one though.
    What is for sure is that all the elements on weapons will mean less and ATP will be raised on classes to compensate Protransers in particular catch up in ATP finally reaching 1000+ for human Protransers
    Protransers Forever!
    Quest for the Ultimate Weapons!

I'm just saying that the benefits of a protranser to take down bullet resistant mobs and melee resistant mobs is outdone by other classes. A fortefighter can do amazing against melee resistant mobs due to their skyrocketed atp, a fortegunner can melee bullet resistant mobs effectively, and acrofighter and fighgunners can use guns and melee weapons fantastically.
    If you say the protranser's benefit is being able to deal with any type of mob and situation, you're acting as if protranser is the only hybrid class in the game. I'm saying that, out of all the melee/gunner hybrids, protranser is the weakest.

I'm not saying protranser is useless or protranser is garbage, but it doesn't excel in multiple scenarios better than other classes. It uses melee weapons and ranged weapons. So do other classes. However, protranser has way less atp. That's as simple as I can put it. Saying individual weapons makes protranser useful is not my point - it's less effective. If you're saying shooting the wings of an onmagoug and then meleeing it for big damage can only be done by a protranser, then you're being delusional. I'm sure you didn't mean they are the 'only' ones who can do it, but, if anything, you're making it sound like they're better at those kinds of situations than everyone else.
    Well guess what? Fighgunners and acrofighters can do the same thing as they both have dual pistols and pack much more of a punch with their melee skills. Heck, so many classes are able to use guns and weapons both effectively that giving up so much power in order to use guns and melee weapons doesn't make too much sense in protranser's case.

Like a previous poster said, Protranser is moreso a weak class with weapon versatility, but it's actual strengths are hardly existant. If you like protranser, then that's cool, just don't bash someone or try to prove them wrong when they say protranser is pretty weak and deals with multiple situations worse than other classes.

I'm not elitist as I don't care much for stats or race/class combinations and the like, but protransers are most obviously a weak class that isn't experienced for its effectiveness. They have way less ATP than other melee/gunner hybrids, are much worse with guns than any gunner and are much worse with melee weapons than any meleer. The fact that they can 'do both' is not unique to protranser, but their engineer-esque palette is. That's about it.

Who else likes seeing a flaming lava pit on the ground? What about being the only job so far that has the fewest weapon selection (just 10 compared to everyone else's) but has them all at S rank?

Sure, statistically, Protransers ARE weak. We're such an end game type of job that it almost feels like our first few levels are MEANT to be rushed through otherwise we seriously cripple the team. I can't count the amount of times during 1 Up that I thought to myself that I'd be benefitting the team more if I were a Fighgunner or a Fortefighter just because I was spamming Dus Majillion like there was nothing else to use but neither of those classes can use Virus traps, neither can sit in the middle of the boss stage and still hit the boss wherever it flies and neither of them can safely pin down those annoying Vanda Merhas that just happen to always fling their Diga at you at EXACTLY Grenade Launcher distance.

After biting into Agtarides and Zodiarides though, I felt a little better and reminded myself that this is just a game, not some Olympic Sport where we HAVE to win with the best otherwise we don't get something special.

Has anyone else felt that the new EX traps might be made by Kubara? Sometimes they don't go off properly and it feels like they were a dud... Is it because I didn't let it fully load on my PS2 or is it just some incompatibility with vanilla PSU and will be resolved in the expansion?

Being a PT, I see us as being Support Fighters, we may not do the best damage, but status effects are really our things as well. Whether it's using traps, bows, or shotguns, we do have a status effect boost. My friends used to comment on Labs that the last room with Jarbas is so much easier with them beign virused with G traps then without.

PT's are: Backrow fighters, sometimes front line damage with swords, spears, etc, and a good status effect-or (is that a word? )

And I do smile when I play with some of my friends at level 100 as well and my bow is technically doing as much damage as them, if not more

It's just a unique class that's enjoyable to play IMO. I get to not just stand back and fire guns, or run in and slash things, I get to use traps, which I enjoy.

PT's will be laughing when they see a trap ahead on NEudaiz and everyone else is blind to it, and runs straight into it But that must just be my sick mind working there

Two things:
    Protranser is moreso a weak class with weapon versatility, but it's actual strengths are hardly existant.
    They have way less ATP than other melee/gunner hybrids, are much worse with guns than any gunner and are much worse with melee weapons than any meleer.
    Again, I would never call PT a "weak" class. Yes, stats wise they are "weak", but I can tell you Protransers are on par with everyone else. Just because they have lower stats doesn't mean they are "much worse" with melee or ranged weapons. This only means we get them later and we do less damage, which that damage is very easily overlooked. Their versatility is their strength. People may not value crowd control or stats effects much anymore, but thats where we shine.

I thinking you are only looking at number output here when you are looking at PT class like many people do.