Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I'm usually the permanent newbie. I originally bought a used DC to get some cheap games with slightly better graphics, since the DC was on its way out and just about every DC game looked 100% better than my craptacular N64. It was an impulse buy though, mostly, since someone was selling a DC and a couple games and controllers at some computer show. I can't remember if I grabbed PSO at the time I got that or if I got it later in my mad grab for games (I bought big lots of games for a pittance on eBay, of course) but I do remember that I got a BBA which was hooked up to our LAN which was hooked up to, get this, a 56k modem router. I really enjoyed the game but I didn't play very many levels (probably never got into normal ruins but once) because of disgust from getting NOL'ed. I don't remember what I felt about the game at first other than "Who the hell came up with these screwy tech names" and being impressed by the amount of involvement I needed to have in my timing and aim even for just a simple melee character.

I had played Diablo 1 and 2 so I was plenty used to dupes and townkills, but I had been playing 2 for a long time so I really couldn't excuse the existence of NOL'ing and death-resta, so I gave up pretty shortly.

Of course, I don't have to deal with those on GC, but not having a keyboard just turned me off. I didn't get a GC for PSO, I really got it for Smash Brothers, so I wasn't too upset that I basically shelved the game after figuring out I'd need to import a keyboard.

Now I'm excited about Xbox and hope I'll find the game playable so that I'll actually stick with it and become a veteran, although again I got the box for other games. All I want is to be able to communicate and not have to worry about stupid things like NOL's, death-restas, save corrupts (hooray GCN! ugh) and various other crap that just strike me as utter laziness ruining a game that I otherwise really enjoy.

Yes, I agree. I really, really, really, hope that there is nothing that can dupe, nol, or none of that stuff... on the xbox (and no file corruption)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TCZid on 2003-03-20 07:27 ]</font>

Well sorry to tell you this xBlock er box fans...if i read corectly...cadejunkies.com is saying AR is coming to xbox...and i know what almost every thing stinds for like FSOD BSOD PK but i never owned a DC so can some one tell me what NOL means...

My first experience with PSO began on the Dreamcast.

I had a friend that recomended that I try out some emulators on my new PC so I downloaded a Genesis emulator, I like rpg's so the Phantasy Star series immediatly caught my attention, by the tiem I started playing these games they were horribly dated so they did not make much of am impact on me, that was untill I played Phantasy Star IV, I estatic when I came across this game and I concider it to better than the over rated Final Fantasy 7 which of course caught all my friends off guard.

When I heard rumours about a Phantasy Star game on the dreamcast I immediatly became happy but when I found out it was an online game I became sad since my Dreamcast was defective and had a dodgy modem that would not work and modems weren't sold seperatly over here in Ireland so I would not be able to get online. When the game came out it got medicocre reviews and lots of people said Offline was pointless since it had no story, this put me off the whole entire PSO thing, still one day while walking around town I came across the game and call it what you may, fate, destiny or a simple impulse buy PSO was mine.

I put in the game, was shocked by the whole entire serial no. business, tried a Humar played for half an hour and then developed motion sickness due to the fact that I hated 3D games and the Forest level had so many twists and turns. I played the game a couple of other times but I never got too atached, eventually I put it away and did not go near it for over a year, intially I was not impressed by the PSO experience.

Then one day, when I had grown tired of all my other games I decided to dust off my copy of PSO and give it another try. This time I did some research on GameFaqs before I began to play, I learned all about the character's, thier strenghts, thier weakness, section ID's, and Mag's, I had come to the decision that a Hucast best fit my gameply style. So I picked a purple Hucast named Senyaka ( Redria )and I played for like 8 hours non stop, it was amazing how much enjoyable the PSO experience can be when you know what you are doing ( instead of increasing the mind on your Hucast's mag and not getting any pay off ), in total I logged on about 40 or so hours with Senyaka, the only reason why I stoopped was because Sega had just announced PSO episodes 1 & 2 for the GameCube and I did not want to burn my self out before I got to play it. Anyhow now I am a PSO junkie and I could not be happier.

SR-16 Packing RAmar

I bought my Dreamcast at launch vowing to stick by my favorite game company's side. Sure the Saturn and the Dreamcast were short-lived but they were both worth the $200 in sheer fun I drew from them.

I remember hearing about Phantasy Star Online and since I wasn't that big of a fan of the RPG series I did a little research. I joined a Discussion Board (www.phantasy-star.net) and fell inlove with the community there. I bought PSO the day it launched and was instantly hooked... It was the bigger, better Diablo 2. I still remember when me and 3 friends stayed up for 3 days playing and each of us collapsing one by one.

PSO v2 sucked for me though. It featured very little new things to keep my interested and I only logged about 10 hours on it.

Hoping to revive the PSO spirit within me, I purchased PSO for GC and was horribly dissapointed. After realizing it would cost me $80 (at the time of launch) to import a keyboard; and the fact that none of my pals wanted to slap down $9 a month for a beat em up. I returned it the same week.

I plan on getting PSO Xbox and taking advantage of lag-free gameplay and voice chat. Now if only I could find a new headset since my cat gnawed my old one in half -_-...

Man, this brings back some good memories...
    I grabbed my copy of PSO on the day of its US release, and WHAT a day that was. I spent all freaking night playing the game... I remember a friend of mine asking me if I had learned how to combo attacks yet. Yeah, I've come a long way since.
    I remember, later that night, I ran into a Japanese FOmarl that was at Lv40 or 50 or so. Me being Lv10 at best, it was a godsend for her to help me out. I can remember thinking how friggin' amazing it was to see her attack with the Soul Eater for the first time. Later on she gave me a Panic Repeater +20, which I coveted for many levels to come. Of course, I'd eventually get much better weapons, but it sure helped out.
    A few days later, me and some friends FINALLY made it to De Rol Le at around Lv20 or so... And died miserably. It was a horribly long battle with me as the only remaining survivor eventually... but it would be a few more nights until we defeated him. I still can hardly believe it was that difficult for us at such a high level. You gotta start somewhere, I suppose. o_O

Ahh, good memories...

Speaking of Gamespot TV/Extended Play, I once met one of the EP writers on PSOv1 in a lobby. VERY interesting guy. Met so many cool people on that game...

I'd originally got a DC for sonic adventure, and then my friend said he'd got this new game Called Pghantasy star online and for me to see it. A short time later (when i had the money) i got it threw in the game and created my HUmar and straight online. i'd met up with my friend and he was Lv 37 And he was like a god killing things with ease. I didn't know how to combo and i took an age to learn how to.
    flew straight to lv 100 and wanted more. Then came v2 and to my surprise no HL (we just got lucky i guess) and got even more addicted. then came 7 mar 03 and EP1 & 2. only been on it a bit and i'm only a lv 38 FOnewearl and done ep 1 & 2 on normal. and still addicted.

On 2003-03-18 08:22, Riffin wrote:
    What really bugs me is the sheer amount of people who dupe online. Not to mention how there are hardly any new people online ever. All there are are lvl 100 and higher people. Makes me feel...(sighs)... so inferior. I enjoy their help, but where are some buddies at my level to help me out? And if they're there, are there any who dont have some altered stats that enable them to use a weapon way too powerful for them? I just want to share in the wonder of finding rares for the first time. I dont want to run around through levels in five minutes, get nothing out of it and then move on to the next level. I want people to run with me and be challenged! I want comrades who want to find stuff for themselves. I have a character the has stuff lended to me by others, stuff that makes him powerful, and he is nowhere near as fun as those chars I have that are struggling on their own! But I'm too afraid to use them online because there will be no one at my level. For Christ's sake! I have a level 10 HUcast with a simple Brand +3 ! I want to use him online with no dupers!!! Who's with me!!!???

Excuse my rant.

Riffin
    Don't mind dupers. Most likely it's people who have started over and did a massive transfer like I did. My lv39 has my lv56's mag and a few rares.

When I first played PSO, I was lv14. Immediatly got in a game, Del Rol was my first online boss. Didn't die. After the game was over we parted ways for the time being. And I met these 3 guys who were lv100. I still remember the name of one of them, "JAMMING". They took my straight to Ruins, revived me like crazy.

13 lvl's gained. Best experience of my life. Been a PSO freak ever since.
    Miranda F Newman Fighter (PSO2: NG) Ship 2
    ~Past Characters~
    DC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 100 » 102 (Ver.2)
    GC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 161 :: Za'leshea FOnewearl 172
    PSU: Eternia F Beast FF15 Lvl142(PC) :: Elemia F Cast GM20 lvl174(360)

On 2003-03-18 07:53, TCZid wrote:
    Then the first special weapon you find is just great, you freak out and tell everyone. The first person you meet is the person who will be your friend forever. Dont we all just miss those days... I know I do.
    ah yes, the first person i met on pso is still one of my best friends on pso. and with special weapons, i freaked out when i found a db saber, i showed it to that friend and he stole it (jokingly) and i freaked out even more. we still laugh about it.

good times.

Lol, Then those stupid codes, and dupe ruined it... dang it...