Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

have you emailed Sega about this? they're fairly fast with their emails, in my case. Submit a report, for lack of a better word, in the Phantasystaruniverse.com site. Good luck.
    Call me a safe bet. I'm betting I'm not.
    I'm glad that you can forgive.
    Only hoping as time goes, you can forget.

Obviously, the best way to get Sonic Team to program games better, would be if everyone stopped subscribing to/playing/buying PSU all at once. Let's snap-to, people~

I haven't gotten this error you're mentioning, but I've gotten a plethora of other problems due to the game's programming, and... In the end, is it really worth the trouble? :/

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

Flying high in the sky with a fly in your eye.

On 2007-12-01 23:39, Reipard wrote:
    Yes, it is shoddy programming. You never once thought that it might be a problem on your end, when others can get online just fine.
    It's not on my end. I did everything. Opened my ports. Disabled my anti-virus. Manually enabled permissions into the anti-virus, firewall, tried the spyware sweep LSIP fix they provided on the boards.... Nothing.

This is the screen that always comes up. I should have sgown this before. http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...085234_000.jpg
    'All tales end in tragedy. Follow the hero long enough, you'll step across his corpse.'
    Survivor of TWO live Gwar performances.

Ok, I give up. I know when I'm beat. Guess I'll have to justify my wasting the cash on AoI by doing offline.......... As usual.... Looks like, once again, I won't be joining any of you online. A big thanks for that goes to ST and their sheer incompetance running a broken server.

If you look at the previous screen I posted, I can say that it's not on my end. I did everything on my end short of reinstalling windows. I mean, how hard would it be to fix this? Takes maybe two hours out of their chedual to fix something that's preventing hundreds of players fom enjoyin PSU online like the game is supposed to be played.

I don't know about all of you, but if I'm playing a game, I want all the content. Not be stuck with 1/512 of the content offline. Why not just remove all offline content altogether and make it online only?

Fuck you, ST.... Fuck you...

(I won't cancel my subscription yet, just in case some miricle, some sheer imposibility happens, and I can actually get past the code 51.)

Edit- Oh, and Ephkz- yes I did email Sega about this. All I got so far, in the 24 hours I did (I know it takes time) was the generic email reply.
    This is what I wrote to them-
    In Phantasy Star Universe - AoI expantion. I did not play the original online, but am now TRYING to play online with the new game. I have my Guardians License, but there seems to be one tiny issue that I have encountered every time I try to log on. Code 51. After extensive reading, I have seen that Sonic team has completely neglected to resolve this issue that keeps myself and many others off the servers. I would like to state incompetance in their part as well for not fixing this issue when it was first brought to their notice. I, myself, have tried every fix on your help site, as well as some that others have told me to try and nothing has happened. Always a code 51 with a message about possible maintenence occuring, yet as a resident and long time member of the PSO-World boards, I see many others are playing, while some are still trying to get online for the first time due to this code 51 plague.

Please resolve this matter with Sonic team and let people access the servers so we can all show our support for Sega and Phantasy Star.

Thank you for your time.

[quote]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blue-Hawk on 2007-12-02 10:35 ]</font>
    'All tales end in tragedy. Follow the hero long enough, you'll step across his corpse.'

Well, ok 1st of all, what made you think ST WASN'T going to drip us updates? Just because its an expansion? 2nd if you're going to quit, o well ggpo, the rest of us will keep playing online ^.- I dunno what to tell you except, get a new cable or something...

lolDiads
    If Diad was a planet in PSU, I'd live there

Post screens of your configuration settings, if you don't mind, including PSU options.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Parn on 2007-12-02 10:44 ]</font>

On 2007-12-02 10:39, MrNomad wrote:
    Well, ok 1st of all, what made you think ST WASN'T going to drip us updates? Just because its an expansion? 2nd if you're going to quit, o well ggpo, the rest of us will keep playing online ^.- I dunno what to tell you except, get a new cable or something...
    Because I have been reading that this code 51 has been plaguing players since day one of PSU and ST has done absolutly NOTHING to fix it.

Do you have peer guardian or something else like that installed? That WILL prevent you from connecting.

Parn- which config do you want? I'll get it for yo.

Johnathin- no, I have nothing like that installed. This is the first time an online game has given me any problems. I played GW for amost 3 years. I play RF Online now and then. Yes, I know those are free to play online, but that's a different matter. My Guardians License was listed as aproved on the billing site.

lolDiads
    If Diad was a planet in PSU, I'd live there

PSU options from the loader, to start off.