Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Well i went venturing through EB today and long behold they had a PSO display box setup exactly how its going to look when the game releases. it was even in the green dvd case. Looks good. Still says REQUIRES xbox live on the front but on the back i couldnt find ANYWHERE mentioning the HL fee. i looked everywhere on it scanning it almost 20 times including the front. No mention of a HL fee. On the GC Pso box it was clearly and seen on the back of the box. Even wayback when the GC display box was out it mentioned the HL fee.

So maybe MS is making sega drop the HL fee. I know it was only a display box but when you see them with all the info and exactly the way it would look as if the game was released. (which i almost did think when i saw it) the design is usually final.

So hope still remains.

No I don't think so cuz for certain if the JP players have one so do we. Plus there are already official announcements but I dun really care I don't keep up with updates anymore cuz of all the pushing back.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Brundidge on 2003-03-20 16:38 ]</font>

If this was the case, Sega would make some sort of announcement about it, because it would be really good news for many people, and probably convince others that the game is worth a try.

I believe it was confirmed by an Xbox rep. from their forums that there would be a HL fee instilled upon the game. I may be wrong though!

Skilled Fighter

Microsoft did officially announce a couple of months ago that the game would carry a %8.95/month fee.

Of course, that was before this baffling 2+ month delay...

As of now, I'd file the claim that "There's no HL fee!" in the rumor folder.

Blue Harmony

checking DC US v2 case..
    There is a sticker on the front stating credit card required for online play.
    And they state in the back the fare won't rise to more than $5 a month.

mmh .. could simply be that the X PSO case displayed won't exactly be the actual launch one.

from http://www.xbox.com/pso2

An Xbox Live account is required to play Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II. To play the game online, Xbox Live subscribers will be required to buy a Hunter's License, which will give gamers the ability to travel on wild adventures with other Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II gamers. It also provides access to a plethora of online exclusive content, such as seasonal quests, downloads, and rare, in-game items. The Hunter's License is free of charge for the first two months and, after that, will carry a service fee of $8.95 per month.
    this was also covered on our frontpage news a number of times

http://www.pso-world.com/article.php?sid=778

There's no HL label on the front of the GC case either.

Certified & Licensed PSO Insurance Broker

Balthor, your sig is annoying...I can't read fast enough to get everything it says. ;/

What I read in EGM magazine was that you can or dont have to have a HL, but if you have a HL then you can download quests and items, but, thats just what I heard.