View Poll Results: Just wondering what other phantasy star games ppl like. My favorite is phantasy star IV.

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Phantasy Star

2 3.03%
  • Phantasy Star II

9 13.64%
  • Phantasy Star III

0 0%
  • Phantasy Star IV

9 13.64%
  • PSO

20 30.30%
  • PSU

26 39.39%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

On 2007-12-19 11:15, joluh wrote:
    On 2007-12-19 10:01, darkante wrote:
    Would say PSO cause of all the fun memories and nostalgic feeling it gives.
    Also because there you feelt really overpowered offline with your force.
    You can be overpowered on PSU as well.
    True, but in PSO.
    You really felt you had the power.
    Where Jellen and deband made a huge difference, between lethal enemies and they becoming absolute wimps.
    Rafoie reaches very very far at max lv, Razonde gives an extreme area damaging effect and Rabarta with the constant freezing effect.
    You could stun them without caring where the hell you aimed or nuke them into oblivion before even coming in reach.

In PSU, enemies are wimps by themselves already.
    [PSO2] Darkante: Cast HU-44/RA-43/FI-42/GU-30
    Astral Storm: Newman F HU-35
    [PSP2:I]
    RB3 - Dark Knight "Ante" : Cast M Lv 200/ JLv Hu50/Ra50/F30/Va46
    RB3 - Crimson Sky: Beast F Lv 174/ JLv Hu34/Ra18/Fo1/Va50
    RB0 - Zone Dynamite: Beast M Lv 76/ JLv Hu0/Ra7/Fo0/Va0

On 2007-12-19 05:26, Laranas wrote:
    Even though I spent 15,000+ hours on PSO (estimated, probably around 17,000 if I was able to count characters deleted because of NOL) I still hold PS2 as my favorite.
    I find that hard to believe... that's 708 DAYS of play time. I played FFXI almost religiously for two years and ended up with just 3000 hours. I don't leave my games on accumulating time in the timer either, so you can't count that since you weren't playing if you were away. Even if you played it every waking 16 hours a day (I'm assuming 8 for sleep), that means you claim to have played 472.236 days. Puh-lease. My friend and her boyfriend who've been playing FFXI for 2-3 years don't even have 17,000 COMBINED and they play every freaking day.
    ♪PSU 360☆
    Ema - Newman F 180 Gunmaster 20
    // Edel Fucil obtained and 10/10 on 13 AUG 2011.
    ♪PSO2★
    Ema - RAnewearl
    // Coming Soon...

PSII followed closely by I and IV.

And lol at 0 votes for III.

On 2007-12-19 06:15, Angelo wrote:
    I had an insane amount of hours on PSO, around +2500. To be honest I believe most people who hold PSO higher than PSU do it for the sake of nostalgia. In that sense PSO definitely gives me a warmer, familiar feeling more than any other game in the world. All the flaws of PSU are simply on Sega's behalf and not the game itself (Holding back content on the disc, haxeta, etc.).

QFT. PSO has a certian feel to it that PSU does not, but its entirely on me and not the content of the games themselves.

SEGA is seriously lacking as of late, ESPICALLY Sega of America. Spinoffs of games to cash in Money (the new NIGHTs sucks) and little fuck-ups that end up being huge (What the FUCK was a debug mission doing on the public fucking servers? Really? Are you fucking serious?) I can see where they want to slowly release the content, but it pisses me off really how they are doing this. Most games add new content as they go, but PSU decides to just release content they've already finshed.

All the PS games ive played have been good though. I would like to say PSO gives me one of the warmest most nostalgic feelings ever, but id have to give that title to Breath of Fire 3. (Still my favroite RPG ever.)

If you don't answer PSII, you're a moron. True story.

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Well, the answer depends entirely on a number of situations. If I want to play a traditional old-school RPG, PSIV will be my answer (the older ones, while good in their own right, are just too old to be played enjoyably). If I'm playing with a group of friends, especially those who own PSO themselves (read: none of them), I'll pop in PSO and have a blast playing a co-op RPG. If I'm by myself, and have a day or a few hours to kill, I'll level up my PSU character and try to get some items.

So, if I want to play a traditional RPG, I'll play FFIV. Problem is, I may want to play one of SE's many FF remakes instead.
    If I want to play a co-op RPG, I'll play PSO. Problem is, we may want to play a more casual game.
    If I want to play an MMO, I'll play PSU. Since other MMOs take too much time, this tends to happen the most.

I said PSO because of its diversity in items alone. The huge assortment of weapons and units made everyone unique in some way, not to mention all of the rares looked very different. There was always something cool to look for, and thus always something to do.

PSO and PSU over the Originals?!!! THIS IS BLASPHEMY! THIS IS MADNESS!!!!

For me, it was a close tie between PSII and PSO. I was going to vote PSII, until I abruptly realized I never played the game and was voting solely on the "Nei Factor", ahahaha ^_^

PSO. Tried PSU; did not like it at all. Tried the other games (the ones that were on Phantasy Star Collection) and did not do so well. But PSO gives me that drive and urge to play.

Hunters Guild Group
    Alex - BrHu | Satsuki - RaGu | Keiko - SuTe