Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast
    Indifferently Apathetic HaydenX's Avatar

Since the adding of pp restoration with basic attacks and the addition of just attacks, are non-ranged Yohmei Weapons worthless. Now that tenora makes claws (with the 9* being better than Daiga in many respects), why would one use the Yohmei one? The only exception I can see to this is (possibly) the Double Saber (and only with a Fighgunner who likes to spin him/herself dizzy).

What are your thoughts?
    Ship 02
    Violet: Fighter 44/Hunter 34
    Thanatoa: Force 36/Techer 15

Quality Guaranteed

I have a full compliment of Yohmei 8* Futsnata(the spear) of every element with 38% or more. Personally I like the look of the Yohmei Spear to the Tenora one. So what If it has a hundred or so less ACC? I'm a Beast Fortefighter. I'm still gonna do the most damage even with Yohmei.

Claws? Yeah, I ain't touching those atrocious things Tenora Makes. Yohmei only please. I do like their knuckles though. Those are sweet. And their Swords. The rest can go to hell.

Stat-wise, I can't think of too many reasons to use most of Yohmei's weaponry now.. guns included. (despite how huge a pool their rifles have later on) PP regeneration is just too crazy for most striking based weapons now, so the added pool really doesn't makeup for the lowered attack or accuracy.. I mean, I can still see a few situational uses their weapons have, but they don't have anything that really pulls me into them anymore..

Now, graphically though.. Yohmei makes some pretty kickass looking weapons.. And to most people, myself included, that is enough.

well, it offers some variety and more customization to the pallets. Great example. the 10* dedda, only comes in dark, but an Okanoh can be any element. Like the S rank twin and single claws, when and if another company makes them. Its still a matter of preference, if you like to use nothing but PA's then attack to refill the PP and repeat or mix in attacks with PA's.
    GT: Seriyu

Telina 140/20 ForteTecher
    Seiryuu 78/10 ForteGunner
    Isis 130/20 ForteFighter
    Moose 1/1

And as a further note, often times Yohmei have better accuracy too, its not just the PP they specialize in...
    GT: Seriyu

Telina 140/20 ForteTecher
    Seiryuu 78/10 ForteGunner
    Isis 130/20 ForteFighter
    Moose 1/1

Yohmei Spears have use because they have a longer reach. Trust me, the graphical difference in length actually affects the range.

Similarly, the Yohmei Sabers do as well, but it's not nearly as significant nor useful as the Spears.

Yohmei Daggers have less range than the new GRM ones.

Yohmei Claws have a tiny bit more range than the new Tenora ones. Although I'm hardly a fan of the Yohmei Claw design, I'm even less of a fan of the Tenora one. :/
    (Dead server) :: Angra Mainyu : Ahura Mazda : Arbalest : Fischerspooner :: PSUpedia & Forums

Indifferently Apathetic HaydenX's Avatar

On 2007-12-25 18:05, Krisan wrote:
    Stat-wise, I can't think of too many reasons to use most of Yohmei's weaponry now.. guns included. (despite how huge a pool their rifles have later on) PP regeneration is just too crazy for most striking based weapons now, so the added pool really doesn't makeup for the lowered attack or accuracy.. I mean, I can still see a few situational uses their weapons have, but they don't have anything that really pulls me into them anymore..

Now, graphically though.. Yohmei makes some pretty kickass looking weapons.. And to most people, myself included, that is enough.
    Kiujibahoh (9* rifle) is the coolest-looking ranged weapon I've ever seen. It is also the best KS weapon ever. The Accuracy is also higher than phantom. Really, other than Phantomline combo, I can't see any reason to use the Phantom anymore. Most people use rifles for SE, accuracy, and KS anyway.

BTW, I'm more about DPS than looks (except for clothes, as I'm wearing the AMF army set which set me back 100k or so). I like BIG NUMBARZ or LOTSA NUMBARZ (or both, which is why I like Chikki).
    Ship 02
    Violet: Fighter 44/Hunter 34
    Thanatoa: Force 36/Techer 15

Quality Guaranteed

Some of us aren't power gamers and don't go for the best weapon/armor/whatever. We get what we want, and keep what looks good. Yohmei spears look a helluva lot better than Tenora. Yohmei Axes look better than GRM Axes. Save for Double Agito, their Double Sabers look better than GRM also.

What is SE and KS?

Well personaly i prefer the range of the yohmei weapons. Many of them are longer with higher accuracy. As a beast male i have plenty of power so i dont need a incredibly powerfull reactor to make up for any lacking in that department. However i lack accuracy thusly yohmei weapons are nice with their (normaly)extra reach and higher acc also i love my PAs so the pp boost is nice. Freaking-a the twin sabers of yohmeis are at least 20% longer than the grm ones.
    -=Role Players Union=-If your into rp light heavy or otherwise please join up