[quote]
Versus mi

Voters
195. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would love PVP!

77 39.49%
  • PVP would ruin this game

44 22.56%
  • I'm indiffereniated to the idea of PVP, old bean.

74 37.95%
Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast

I don't want it unless they figure out some way to balance the hell out of it. As it currently stands, using the system we use to fight monsters on the field would put Gunners/Forces at a HUGE advantage, just as it did in PSO...Although in this game, there is the ten times worse aspect of someone killing people before they even reach them with Chikki. And hopefully traps can't be used otherwise Protransers have the "I win" button AKA Freeze Trap EX.

If they made it FAR different from the standard game (maybe give all weapon types a set amount of damage no matter how rare they are, add in fighting game style health meters instead of the HP), then it could work.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AlphaDragoon on 2008-01-12 08:46 ]</font>

Rappy Hunter

i think PvP would be interesting in psu, bot killing gets boring sometimes, but only if done right by sega lol. for anyone who doesnt want/like PvP if it does appear its simple dont play it. what i dont get is how can you judge something that has neither been released or confirmed, You cant judge somethings effect untill you have tried it.
    look at the dark ages science=bad, people tried it then, science=good

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AC_Griff on 2008-01-12 09:43 ]</font>

Well, speaking for myself. No PVP.
    "It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
    Carl Sagan

i guess most people that dissagree with this (MOST NOT ALL) just cant imagine wat the pvp would be like.. im PSO it was fun as hell.. (besides the delsabers) if they brought it back id defently play it

I find this entire post funny, not funny haha I'm superior and you suck, but funny as in everyone that posted on the fact that they would not like to see PVP released due to the amount of negative gameplay it would bring, would only have to revisit this post to see how right they were. PVP isn't even available yet and already you have people jumping at each other with aggressive behavior. I've already seen so many posts with people calling each other all sorts of names, and for what? the purpose of the post was to get everyones opinions on there feelings of PVP play being released, not who's right and who's wrong.
    That's not because of PVP. That's because this is PSO World.

I'll like it only if it's like BA rule 6 where you start with pre-set levels and equips.
    Aeryn - 150 Newman ♀ | Kylie - 150 Human ♀ | Zael - 150 Beast ♂ | Sonja - 150 CAST ♀

Never forget.

Khanny - Female Cast - Hunter - Fighter - Ship 10 Lv 30

"I kinda do YouTube "

Damn, that is some spunky music in the first one.

On 2008-01-12 02:46, keanon wrote:
    I find this entire post funny, not funny haha I'm superior and you suck, but funny as in everyone that posted on the fact that they would not like to see PVP released due to the amount of negative gameplay it would bring, would only have to revisit this post to see how right they were. PVP isn't even available yet and already you have people jumping at each other with aggressive behavior. I've already seen so many posts with people calling each other all sorts of names, and for what? the purpose of the post was to get everyones opinions on there feelings of PVP play being released, not who's right and who's wrong.

While I would like to see something in this game that would add a little definition to it especially when boredom strikes, I don't believe ST is in any way ready to release it, there are too many flaws right now in the system as it is from balance issues to simple factors like internet speed.

I also have to agree with the fact that adding a feature like this can make or break a game in the sense that, those who are looking to play a new game and see that PSU has PVP (future plausible statement, not fact) and begin playing for this feature to begin with, may stop playing if it's broken, and players who already play the game might find it frustrating. I've played games that have had broken features before and the truth is if it's something that you have been looking forward to for a while and find it unsatisfactory you may leave the game for another with the same feature just to satisfy that craving, not always permanently, but it does happen. So we shouldn't discredit the fact that it may have some serious blacklash, just because you have never found yourself in that position doesn't mean no one else has either.

On the other hand if the problems that we face now are fixed before this feature is released I would welcome it. Variety is good for gameplay, I just hope they don't put it in a frequently used lobby, I can understand those who feel they will have a lot to deal with when it comes to players who feel the need to challenge everyone for no reason other then to just boast their scores, having something like this in a commonly used lobby would only make that even more difficult, even with blacklisting. and any who contest with that only add to this statement. Mostly due to the fact that this is just my OPINION on the matter, and nothing I've said in the last paragraph is backed by any facts, I may be wrong.
    I don't really give a shit about PvP, not going to partake in it. But, from past experience, and looking at Sonic Team's track record, adding PvP as an afterthought to a PvE game is guaranteed lulz.

If I was on the decision making board, I would push to not allow PvP. Maybe some like it and more power to them, but being PSU is more of a team type game where you should be working together and depending one another (all of us being Guardians) PvP just does not fit.
    Control-F.
    Never leave a FAQ without it.