i recievd my version of AToI today after taking some time off from PSU i was excited to have got it until i tried running it =(.

initally i had to go though 2 hours of working out why i couldnt even get it to start i finnaly sorted that by installing the disks version of Direct X 9.0c . (even though i already had direct X 9.0c installed)

(this is all for offline story mode) but to the point after finnaly getting on i've been expreienceing random jumps and skips where the sound loops and i am unable to move although they only last 5 or so seconds they are still a major annoyance.

i have searched through both these and the psu official forums the only solution i have found is to turn the sound off. but being a new game i want to experience what music it has to offer.

i was just wandering whether anyone has yet found a solution to this. ( i already have my sound drivers to the maximum and i have tried autogear(which seemed to cause more spikes))

also is this a problem for online player as i am willing to go online. although if this problem still exists i'll stick to having my accound on old psu

my computers specifications are higher than the recommened

thanks

Can you give us the specs for your computer (CPU/OS/RAM/Sound Card/Video Card/etc...)? What game settings were you using when you experienced these problems? Did you experience any problems like this on the original PSU?

i didn't experience anything like this with PSU only problem i experienced was slow running due to a graphics card which was updated and then i had perfect running.

my specs are:
    intel pentium 4 2.80 GHz
    windows XP sp2
    intergrated sound (soundMAX digital audio)
    ATI Radeon 9250
    2.25 Gb RAM

i have tested the game with most combinations of graphical settings and sound settings, with all experiencing the same issue. the only changes i experienced were when the sound buffer was set so Direct X had controll which kept the freeze problem but also caused the sound to become static even after closing the game. and when BGM is turned of completely which stops the freezes but gives no music.

sorry if i'm being to vague about anything. and thanks for the help

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Flick on 2008-02-03 15:31 ]</font>

One thing you may want to try is setting your "Hardware Acceleration" for audio to "None." You can access that setting by going through the following: Control Panel->Sound and Audio Device Properties->Audio Tab->Sound Playback Advanced Button->Performance

unless i'm mssing something when i set my hardware acceleration to none the sound was turned of completely.. i tested the acelleration on basic which did stop the issue in certain areas but the problem was still common.. i tried both settings with all the available sound buffer options.

Do you have PSU installed on a local hard drive? I know people that have experienced problems with music when the game is installed on a network share.

The only other suggestion I can offer is to try a different sound card.

yeah i have it installed on a hard disk.

seems like the only way unfortuneatley. seems a shame that intergrated sound is bugged. ooh well..

many thanks for the help though i really appreciate it.