Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Pride of Sakura
    Chapter 9 – Chi ni Kaeru

AN: ZEE FINAL! Thank you to everyone for all your support, especially Mura, Einhart, Cup of Coffee, and Max! Also to VCC, and Deja’s group, for inspiring still more PSU based insanity.

Chapter title: Yet another KOTOKO song, this one meaning “Return to the Earth”. I think it’s a song about realizing mistakes- and I thought the orchestral in it really aid “finale”. Just sorta fits all around.

My trivial worries and the tears I've shed
    Become memories before my eyes
    We're going forward, without doubt
    When we hurt each other, we realize how gentle we are

The pride I've lost and the dreams I've given up on
    I close my eyes and return to that star
    The small answer that we found
    Will surely, someday, help with our future

The pain that was born, the days that flowed by
    Fade into the scenery before my eyes
    We ran
    Realized our mistakes
    Stopping my breath
    I quietly return to Earth

Violence and fluff ahead!

X X X

(Lucy)

I decided I liked the me in the mirror a bit better today. I had gotten as much sleep as possible the night before, with Jenna lulling me to sleep with gentle sonnets about her disemboweling me if I didn’t comply.

My face was still too pale, yeah. I still had freckles and I think my cheekbones were so high that the cosmos itself would have given up expanding at that point. My hair was still the same auburn color, and my eyes were still watery, but it felt like everything sort of fell into place. I pulled on my Pritia one piece and blue leggings, freshly cleaned, a heavy blue peacoat, and straightened everything. I am Lucy Gray.

I am Lucy Gray. I am human.

Jenna kicked something over in the shop, and started screaming at some poor customer about how slutty their pants were.

I am Lucy Gray, a human with an insane PM device.

I sorted around in my jewelry box, searching for my favorite pair of earrings. I found one, and began searching for the other. I turned no results, and went out to the shop to question Jenna.

She was standing dramatically over a beast woman, hands on her hips. The beast woman gazed up fearfully, then screamed random obscenities and fled my room without even looking at me.

“YOU GET OUT AND YOU STAY OUT, CANOPY ELLIOT! I KNOW YOUR CLEARANCE NUMBER NOW!”

“What…happened?” I questioned her, as she was still shaking her fist at the doorway.

“Bitch was trying to steal my juice, and was wearing ridiculous pants.”

“…Okay. Have you seen my earring, Jenna?”

She looked up at me, and I saw a brief flash of light behind her eyes as something computed. “The current match to that earring’s signal is very far away.”

“…You can track them?”

“I made an imprint of them specifically because you kept losing them, you tiresome meatbag. The other earring is on Neudaiz. Perhaps you dropped it. Again, stupid meatbag.”

I blinked, then remembered the day Jenna exploded, and touched my ear. “I had given the earring to him…”

“Who, Yuu?”

I swallowed, trying to ignore the ringing in my ears his name left. “Yeah.”

She clapped. “Then we can track him!”

Oh, my. Was this…was this something…positive?

Gasp!

I made my way down to the central table, mind racing the elevator. Could I do this? Could I really pull it off? My feet felt heavy as I trudged up to the fifth floor.

“Gray.”

I turned at my name, praying “GUILTY” wasn’t written across my face. I think it was, because Laia Martinez was squinting suspiciously at me, green eyes picking me apart.

“Y-yes Laia?”

“Come with me.” She turned, and gestured. Damn. Why did I have to come up to Guardians HQ anyway? Oh yeah, had to get a replacement license to board the shuttle to Neudaiz.

Stupid reality.

I paused for a moment, looking to Jenna, who threw me a dirty look and pushed me up the ramp. I followed, feeling extremely boxed in as the door swished behind me and I was suddenly alone in a room with Leo and Tonnio. Laia crossed her arms.

“Since I’m busy, Leo will be deciding how your misdemeanor punishment will be carried out. You failed in a lot of areas. Shape up, Gray,” she sighed, and left.

Great.

I turned back to the two beasts, and looked at them with what must have been a great amount of “WOOT, NUTS!” in my eyes.

“Take it easy, Lucy,” Leo said, holding up one hand. “We won’t stop you.”

I bit my lip. “So, you knew about Yuu.”

Tonnio shook his head. “We had no idea he was the Pride of Sakura assassin. Those records were bullshitted pretty flawlessly. You can thank Alfort for putting Leo and I in the clear.”

Leo smiled in the fatherly way. “Laia’s still in the dark however. Probably a good idea to keep it that way.”

“You guys are willing to overlook this, for real?” I asked hesitantly. Tonnio shrugged.

“If it goes wrong, it’s your funeral.”

Yep. He was right. I nodded.

“As far as Laia knows, you were ambushed and shot by some sort of magical-Ethan-Waber-bandit-minion-ginger-kid-thing,” Tonnio continued. “According to the Guardians computer, you’re dead, as a witness protection program thing. Don’t screw it up Gray. Once people see you walking around, it’s kinda done for.”

“Right. “ I took a deep breath, looking over at Jenna. “If there is even one spec of light, there is no hiding in the dark, right?”

“Right.” She said. “So no attaching flashlights to your tits, again.”

X X X

(Yuu-pii)

After two days of sitting around and Ankh singing torturous camp songs at the foot of my bed, I was still without new skin on my arms. Which was disconcerting. I had been ordered to take out a don from Moatoob. Carrying my rifle without being able to feel it was almost welcome, almost like it wasn’t happening. However, I missed the feeling of hot water on my skin during a shower.

I always loved hot water a little too much. I was always incredibly clean. Despite any exhaustion and sadness that still hung on me from the battlefield, I had to shower before I did anything. The Kugo Hotsprings were a favorite place of mine. The feeling of being physically clean was almost spiritual to me.

Carefully, I braced one hand against the shower wall, scrunching my right up in my hair. Despite being scalding hot, it did nothing to ease my discomfort. No feeling, and not knowing what happened to Lucy. There was a swish sound.

“Ankh?” I questioned over the sprinkling of the water. I had been in here almost half an hour, and it was starting to go cold.

“Wrong,” Came that nail-grating voice.

I sighed. “I’m in the shower, Yanui,” I grumbled.

“Can’t say I care. I have news.”

My heart did a sort of double-beat, and I fumbled with the knobs in a desperate attempt to restore hot water. I almost felt the news before it even reached my ears.

“Lucy Gray’s death has been confirmed. Apparently hypothermia was the cause,” Noriko said, barely concealing the snicker threatening to escape her mouth. “Stupid thing was like a cat crawling into a storm drain.”

I said nothing, the numbness spreading throughout my body seemingly preventing me from speaking. So she was really gone. Had she died alone, cold? Curled up under some tree, shivering? The pain left me raw, the mental images sapping away any strength I had been pretending to hold on to for all these years.

I let myself sink down, pull the switch down with me. The water flickered off. It had gone cold anyway.

“I see,” I said pitifully, trying to sound apathetic.

She sighed, throwing open the shower door and glaring down at my back. I was crouched rather awkwardly, one hand still on the knob.

“Who CARES?” The scientist fumed. “I just don’t understand your emotions sometimes. She’s just some idiot you pretended to like while you were pretending to be a Guardian. Pretending! She was in the way, anyway. If you didn’t even really like her in the first place, and she was in the way, what’s to stop you from killing her anyway? Like it mat-”

I whirled on her, grabbing her collar and slamming her against the wall. She screeched. “I don’t like you,” I hissed. “Shall I kill you? Shall I tragically interrupt the lives of your family or any of those unfortunate enough to associate with you? You’re in my way. You’re interrupting my shower. Guess I’ll stick a bullet in your throat then. Because after al---“

“Hey, Yuu—WHOA!” NAKED NEWMANS? DO NOT WANT!” Ankh cried dramatically from the doorway.

I sighed, and let Noriko go, treading across my room to grab a towel and make myself decent. She stayed slumped and trembling for a moment, before rising and stumbling out of my room. He looked at her retreating form, then to me, all cheer.

“Sup?”

“Lucy’s dead,” I choked.

He blinked, then cursed. “Aw. I’m disappointed in her, thought she was tougher than that. Or maybe her PM was tougher than her anyway.”

That’s it.

Jenna.

Jenna wouldn’t have let her die, no way in hell. She could have started a fire no problem, she was literally a pyromaniac.

Guardians must have fed that information in, knowing what was up. I was still unsure of how she got back, but the fact was, she did.

“You have another job, then we have to heroically stumble back into HQ. Guardians has us listed as MIA.”

I nodded, just wanting him to leave. Yes, assassinating world’s cutest small beast, sure got it – bitch’s dead. “When’s my job?”

“Roughly? Now.”

“Who?”

“Some religionfag.” He said helpfully. I sighed, and tapped my nano device. Ankh went completely red.

I realized that I was in a Fujifiji skirt with matching open shirt, which went beautifully with robotic black arms, by the way.

“Uh.” I said thoughtfully.

Ankh roared with laughter, his chest heaving with the effort. “Yeah, mine scrambled too. Though I wasn’t so…er, fortunate. Except my favorite pair of underwear is gone.” He pouted.

I tugged at the skirt. Great. I peeled out of them, wondering about it being some sort of strange fetish.

He left soon after, I and I was left to dress in my own room, miraculously. My head swam. She’s okay, she’s okay.

I carefully pulled out the earring, and set it under my pillow. There. For luck.

X X X

(Juicy Gay)

“Does Neudaiz always have to rain?” I groaned.

“Only when something dramatic is going to happen.” Jenna answered, now slightly taller than me and roughly fourteen times prettier. “Be on alert. Target is underground and roughly a mile ahead. Keep going, fatass.”

I approached what I assumed was the “twisted Mizuraki”, as it was an insane mass of seething vines and water, looming in the gloom of the forest.

“This seems pretty dead-on,” I said, “because it’s hella creepy.” Jenna shrugged, and we both pressed forward. I squinted through the gloom, trying to make out where the entrance could be. It was obviously underground.

“You’re pretty good, Lucy,” came a voice from the mist. “I figured you weren’t dead. No way the pyrobot would let you freeze to death. Bullshit.” I whirled around, frantically searching for the source of the voice. “Don’t tell me you’ve forgotten about me already? I only saved your life once.”

“…Ankh?” I questioned, and my arm throbbed in response. Shut up, you. How much resta and ice cream will it take for you to stop bothering me. Stupid limbs.

“So glad you could remember me,” he drawled from somewhere. Jenna stood still at my left, then held her hand under her waist, point northwest. I nodded very slightly, summoning my staff into my hands. “Oh, so it’s like that, is it?” He mock-cried. “Well, force can be met with force.”

“Lucy!” Jenna cried, as I was nearly knocked off my feet by him barreling out of the mist. I barely had time to react as I rolled out of the way. Holy crap, fast!

“Eat doom, furry!” Jenna cried, and fired a Foie in his direction. I blinked, shaking off the fact that I just almost died, and tried shooting him myself. Too fast!

He was camouflaged too, wearing a long gray coat in this mist. Every time it seemed I had lined up a good shot, he darted out of the way, laughing. In the time I was stunned, he would dive for me, and I would go sprawling. Again, stupid miracles of bioengineering.

“Stay close,” Jenna hissed, back to back with me. “He’s trying to pick you off. Stupid meatb—“ She didn’t have time to finish, as she was knocked off her feet and sent flying a good five feet, where she collapsed, then scrambled to her feet in shock. I turned, firing a barta spell with all my strength.

He froze, perfect clawing stance in mid-air, mouth still open in a furious roar.

Oh, shit. That was somewhere past the vicinity of close.

I ran over to Jenna, who was staring at Ankh with a grin on her face, unscathed. “Wow. Nicely done, Lucy.”

I turned to glance at him floating hysterically like some beast popsicle, then carefully brushed a leaf off Jenna’s face. “Still. We need to get to—“.

Crack.

I turned, and Jenna gasped. “Losing pressure, ninety percent, seventy percent…he’s--!”

There was a brilliant flash of light, and Ankh exploded forth fully nanoblasted with a furious bellow.

OH, SNAP.

Jenna and I dived yet again, and I began to set obnoxious music to the motion.

“Together!” I yelled, and blasted Ankh with my strongest zonde spell at the exact same time as Jenna. He fell with a heartbreaking cry, dropping his beast form and collapsing in a smoldering heap. I bit my lip, fighting back tears. Even if he wanted to kill me—

It was incredibly quiet suddenly, after all the leaf and technic cyclones and noise. Rain pattered off the leaves, and I was reminded of that dreadful day on Neudaiz. His chest still moved up and down, but a little fast for my liking. Was he faking it? I took a tentative step forward, Jenna at my side, clutching her weapon.

He looked quite pitiful, and in terrible pain. The metal pieces adorning his clothing were white hot. Jenna bent down and wordlessly broke them off, tossing them into the gloom behind us. He watched us with furious red eyes, anger holding his tongue in his mouth.

“Ankh,” I croaked. “I’m sorry.”

I knelt by him, putting my hand on his chest. “But I can’t let you get any further. I have to—“

“He’s not here.” Ankh said suddenly. “He left. He has a job.”

“What?!” I asked frantically. Oh, figures.

“He’s not lying,” Jenna said. “Brain waves are far too stable.”

“Where?” I asked, and pumped a little healing into Ankh. A look of relief washed over his face, and I set to pulling off any plastic that was trying to melt on his skin.

“Why should I tell you?” He hissed, grabbing my forearm and pulling me down on top of him. Our faces were inches apart. “You’re screwing up my life. This is how I make my living, Lucy Gray. Not by being some dog—“.

“You ARE a dog, then,” Jenna spoke up behind me, voice cutting through the mist like a tangible object. “Not only that, Teano, but some human’s dog. I thought that was what your people resented most.”

He looked away. “It’s just for the money. That’s all.”

“Whatever.” Jenna said curtly.

I sighed, still sort of half on top of Ankh. I could feel his chest rise rapidly for a moment, as if he was about to get angry, but it slowed, and he looked back at me.

“Yuu is miserable,” he said evenly, as if not believing his own voice. “Go find him. He was one of the only people that ever stuck with me no matter what a monster I was. Go save him.”

I nodded. “Thank you,” I smiled down at him.

“You’re welcome. I’ll be fine. But you’ll need to go to the colony.”

“Why?” I asked.

“He’ll be assassinating a guest speaker there in roughly two hours.”

X X X

(Super Duper Sexy Awesome Kawaii Yuu-chan)

I kept my hood low as I mulled over a cup of tea in the colony. There was a tumult of reporters and whatnot crowding around.

The guest speaker was some old fart from the Communion of Gurhal. Yet another organization I had worked for for money and money alone. I sighed and sipped my tea, then got up and threw the cup out. Bland. Humans couldn’t make good tea. The only good hot drink a human had ever made for me was called “hot chocolate”. Lucy made it for me…

I slipped into the crowd, working my way towards the elevator to the Dallgun viewing plaza. That’s where I would set up for what had to be done.

X X X

(Boingy-boingy Angsty Lucy-chan)

By the time I had arrived at the colony, half of it was sealed off for security purposes. I cursed to myself, Jenna staying close behind me and holding on to my elbow to steer me through the crowd.

“Where would he be,” I hissed silently to her.

“Calculating trajectories.” She said blankly, and held still for a moment. I looked anxiously at her. She blinked at me. “If he repeats patterns as analyzed in incident reports past, he’ll be using high-density photon bullets to pierce from afar. So he would have to be behind the speaker, if he wanted to avoid hitting the crowd. About four hundred yards—“

“The viewing plaza!” I gasped. She nodded.

“Let’s go.”

We started off in that direction, weaving our way out of the crowd and heading for the Linear Line platform. It was quiet there, with only the sound of dripping pipes and humming rails. I gazed back and forth for signs of Yuu. None.

“I hate this place,” I hissed as we stood waiting. “It’s so creepy.”

She rolled her eyes. “Your human fears are irrational. Please collect your senses and plug them in your never-ceasing piehole.”

I blinked at her, then grabbed her cheeks and pulled. She squealed in protest, and I laughed. Even if she was big, she was still Jenna. She glared at me, rubbing her cheek.

“I ain’t afraid of you cuz you’re big now, you know,” I chuckled.

She folded her arms and snorted at me.

“Oh and by the way my breasts are bigger than yours,” I added for good measure. She glared even more, glancing at my chest, then looked down at hers and glared more.

The train arrived, and we stepped on in silence, both wrapped up in our own thoughts. Hers were probably about what to poison me with. Mine drifted to Yuu. Was I creepy? Obsessive? No, I don’t think so. My feelings for him went beyond my numan fan- girling, beyond pity and straight into some dark place I was tentative about stepping into.

The train arrived at the empty platform, and we set off down the hall. My heart thumped in my ears. What could I say to him? What would he say to me? Does he think I’m dead? Will he start screaming about zombies and Gra-bullets when he sees me?

I turned the corner pondering that and what to make for dinner tonight and almost walked into a fireball. Which, you know, would have been bad.

I watched it fly to my right and leave a giant scald mark against the opposite wall, and decided to turn back.

Um.

I called my staff out. Yeah, think I’m gonna need this.

“HOLY CRAP, THAT WAS NEARLY BOTH HILARIOUS AND TRAGIC. FLY-BY FOIE!” Jenna cried.

“Pity,” came a cool voice, and a numan woman rounded the corner. She was very pretty, and I felt as though I had seen her before. Her violet hair was gathered into a pile on her head, and her dark eyes were almond-shamed and deep-set, regarding me haughtily. “Figures you aren’t dead. One of my men found Ankh KO’d in a clearing.”

I glared at her. “Well, maybe he shouldn’t have attacked me.” I said lamely. She pursed her lips at me.

“You are indeed Lucy Gray. Allow me to introduce myself – I am Noriko Yanui. As much as I’d like to say ‘good job’ for nearly doing away with him, I just can’t. You need to die. You’ll mess everything up,” she said evenly, carefully brushing her suit off. A badge hung around her chest.

A media badge. Of course, from the broadcast!

“A reporter”? I questioned, trying to bide time while I figured out a plan. So far it consisted of “BURN DA NUMAN SHE AMS BAD PEWPEW”. Jenna stood quietly at my side, but I could see her twitching in irritation.

“As a servant of Howser, we must spread ourselves out and get as much information on the enemy as possible,” she said. “This is just but one facet of my devotion.”

“You’re nuts,” I offered.

“Crazy bitch is crazy,” Jenna contributed, too.

She threw back her head and laughed. “Whatever,” she sighed, another Foie spell charging in her hands. “I’m not going to lose to some ugly human bitch anyway.”

I bit my lip. “I-I’m not afraid of you,” I said, dripping with still more lameness. The vidscreen above us flickered from the tram schedule to the stage where the ambassador would speak.

“Ten minutes, ugly,” she smiled, and threw her Foie forth. I barely dodged in the narrow corridor, and felt the heat brush up against my side. “But judging by your performance thus far, you won’t be around that long.”

Jenna lunged forwards inhumanly fast, and Noriko froze her in place with one wave of her hand. She’s an amazing force! I searched for a more open space. How was I going to do this? She laughed again as I dodged another spell, slamming against the wall and dropping my staff. It rolled off the edge of the platform onto the tracks below with a resounding clatter.

DAMN YOU, BOOBS FILLED WITH MISFORTUNE!

I pulled my gun off my hip, and fired a shot at her shoulder, hoping to knock her down and run. No such luck, it bounced off like how Yuu’s shot had bounced off me. Rentis?

“Fool,” she laughed. “Any sort of photon attack is useless against me. You should know what this is, gimped up fortetecher you are. I don’t understand how Sezaburo-sama could stand being near you. Humans should be outlawed from using technics.” The pseudo-reporter charged another attack. “See you in hell, Gray.”

So photons and bullets were useless. And she used “-sama” on Yuu. Creepy. But if she was immune to photons and bullets…what could I do to her? I looked at the gun in my hand.

Oh.

“BITCH, DON’T BE HATIN’ BECAUSE I HAVE TITS! EAT METAL!” I screamed at the top of my lungs, and chucked my handgun at her as hard as humanly possible.

She barely got a “FWAAAAA?” out of her mouth before the gun bounced squarely off her head, spell dying in her hands and she crumpled to an unconscious heap.

“FUCK YEAH, LUCY GRAY!” I pumped both hands in the air dramatically as Jenna came unfrozen.

“---seriously hate being frozen I am so cold where is that bitch I am going to kick her in the throat-- Hello Mistress.”

She looked over to me. “Did I miss anything?” She glanced at the KO’d numan. “Oh, guess I did. Is that your staff laying on railroad tracks? Let me get it for you, sweetpea.” She said amiably and hopped down and back up nimbly. I took several deep breaths, the gravity of the situation just sinking in. Wow. I owned that bitch.

“I’ll stay with her to make sure she doesn’t get back up.” Jenna volunteered, and crouched by the numan. “Go get ears.”

“Thanks, Jenna. Kick her in the neck for me.” I said, and rushed ahead.

“Will do. And by the way, half of your shirt is burnt off!” She called after me. I looked down in horror to realize she was right. Damn it all!

“…welcome, Minister Ikeshi.” Came the voice from the vidscreen behind me, along with the roar of a distant crowd. Dammit! I pushed my already tired legs even harder, footsteps echoing hollowly in the empty corridor, finally moving through the door into the viewing plaza.

It was incredibly silent. The hum of the ship, and the ethereal glow of the stars and planets so seemingly close betrayed the evil of the actions about to take place.

I searched for him, scanning the room for anything. Nothing. Desperation built in my mind. Was I wrong? Was Ankh wrong? I squinted in frustration.

Ping.

There. His…odd presence…and megid bullets! I took a deep breath, pulling energy up from my feet and into my mind, like I had been trained. Where are you, Yuu?

Dead ahead. I opened my eyes to stare at some sort of gaudy globe statue. It was ugly and bronze, with stars carved out of it in places.

I rushed for it. How much time did I have left? Two minutes? One? Less?

Scrambling up to it, I pushed with all my might.

“WHAT THE HELL?” Came the voice from inside. The top lifted off easily. Fake. I threw the giant thing to the side, and did indeed find Yuu crouching inside with a rifle. The shock on his face was, and is to this day, the most gloriously satisfying and simultaneously heartbreaking thing I have ever seen. I moved up onto the tiny platform.

“L-Lucy?”

I kicked the rifle out of his hands, and watched it clatter to the ground a good twenty feet away. Then I hopped up and down on my foot, because the damn thing was heavy.

“No killin’ people. Nuh-uh, no way. Bad stuff. You’ll reincarnate as a busty redhead with an insane PM and an insatiable lust for tacos.” I tried to half-joke, but found it hard, as tears were welling up in my eyes. I felt like I was going to burst.

We stared at each other for some time, him still crouched, and me lording over him with what I was beginning to suspect was a broken toe. Ow.

“…Y-you came for me?” He asked, black eyes still wide. He was stiff, I noticed. What I thought was a shirt was actually his arms, a shiny black that started at his shoulders. Well, he wasn’t lyin’. He frowned slightly as he touched his arm lightly. “Well, you’ve seen what I am now, completely. A murdering, patch-work monster. Kudos to you, though, for worrying about me.”

“O-of course stupid. I’m not letting you go back to this life. Nuh-uh. In fact I am going to be a pushy female and demand you cease this and all related activities, mister Pride of Sakura. I’m worried about you.” Tears spilled down my cheeks despite my efforts, and my voice broke. “Because I love you.”

He looked hurt. “You’re, you—“.

I stomped my foot, the one with the non-broken toe, thanks. “Is it so hard to misunderstand that statement?” I sobbed like an idiot, ignoring the fact I should probably be quiet. “That after all the shit we’ve been through together, fake identities or not, that I love you?”

He blinked, stunned into silence.

“If you don’t want me, which you probably don’t—that’s fine. I get it. I wouldn’t want me either,” I sputtered. “But please, please don’t sink back down into that nasty pit involving murder and Ankh’s underwear. I’m here, and I’m pretty sure the sun misses you almost as much as I do.”

“Lucy,” he said softly, and I nearly jumped in surprise at him using my name. “I—“ He didn’t continue, and just slowly, ever so slowly, wrapped his arms around my waist, leaning his head on my stomach. His hair was soft and cool against my slightly burnt skin. “I love you too, you weirdo.”

“G-good”! I said. “But if you excuse me, I have been burned severely, Ankh tried to kill me yet again, and I sort of owned some bitch.”

He chuckled against my stomach. “Was it Noriko?”

“Yes.”

“Bout time someone did. Ankh will be happy.”

“I sort of owned him, too, but he’s okay. He told me where to find you.”

“Ah,” he said, pulling his face away to look up at me. “I can’t believe you’re really here. I thought you were dead. They said you froze to death.”

“You think I froze to death with Jenna around”? I snorted. “Please, it’s an effort for her not to start a fire.”

He laughed softly, and took my hand. “Well. Since you’re severely burned and I’m a serial killer, we should probably go bullshit our way outta this, eh?”

“Agreed, sir,” I said, squeezing his hand. Then, with all the planets as our witnesses, we walked through the door together.

Five minutes later I fell down the stairs.

DAMN YOU, BOOBS!

X X X

AN: It’s done. DONE! AHHHH! I COULD CRY! Thanks for all your support. Don’t be surprised if a cheesy epilogue floats your way.

Thanks a ton to everyone who read, especially after the HIATUS OF ETERNITY. Even if it was an ever-streaming river of literary fail, I am proud to have finished it. Most of this was the product of my fangirling. I am a terrible, terrible romantic. So expect anything I write to be a romance, sorry.

Oops rambling. Again, thank you thank you thank you! <3

Mechanized Combat Engineer Freshellent's Avatar

Ah,now that was a finale. Well worth the wait. Very enjoyable,only because your characters continue to be so interesting.

I must say though,I could have done with it being longer. Odd,I know. Maybe I'm just strange in the sense that I wanted to a bit more to go on with the character,considering I liked them so much. If anything,I demand cameos in future works,or at least give us an epilogue.

Bravo,bravo!
    Veteran of the former Universe 11. PSO2 -Ship 02-

TP SAYS NOTHING ABOUT MY INTELLIGENCE

I shat brix when I saw the topic title.

And then I read it.

And then I went crazy because the Yuu/Lucy love was too much. You are a fatally intoxicated romantic, Leaf. D: Now I wish you'd pop out that epilogue too....

Speaketh of which, Mura wants a cameo too, if everyone else gets one DDDD:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mura on 2008-02-19 06:43 ]</font>

"110% epic" is all I can say. Actually no, that's probably the wrong word. It was never about a crazy-complex storyline or anything like that, it was Lucy's awesome narration, Jenna (who somehow got consistently more funny over time), and the way everything always seemed to pull together at the end of each chapter. And now, even more so at the end of the whole story, although I'm definitely left with a sense of being sad that it's over. You dun gewd, Radiatuh. Uh. Man, yeah. I am not gonna lie, I got some chills during that last chapter... ha. Who'da thought I'd ever like something PSU related? I guess there's a first for everything! Now let's see a second and a third and a fourth (and on and on) from you.

Nicely done. :3 First fanfic I ever read from from start to end. You deserve cake for coming back and finishing this after all this time.

One by one the rappies steal my sanity...

That was an extremely entertaining read. I'm so glad you came back and finished it. I think it's amazing that you were able to make me rofl so many times while still making a decent story line. Fantastic job.

Hm.

*changes profile again*

HOORAY I LIFTED SOME ANGST! /male happy motion

And thanks for kindness guys. x3 Really makes me glad I finished it. Also it was nagging at the back of my head a lot. I'd see it in my fic folder and recall my glorious PSU days like ";_;". I never meant for it to be as long and semi-serious as it got, but hey...Sorry about the somewhat-confusing-ness of it at moments, I truly mean to revise it at some point.

Final thanks go to:
    Crystal Kay for "Konna ni Chikaku de..." the original pop inspiration for it.
    The Shins for "Red Rabbits" as the background angst for chapter 8. Also "Australia" for any insane bouncy scenes.
    Muse for basically anything they do, but especially "Starlight" for this.
    KOTOKO for "Agony" and "Chi ni Kaeru".

Musics. <3

/male dance 1's into abyss

Like I'm telling anyone my real info, hahaha!

Does this mean there's no more story?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MaximusLight on 2008-02-19 15:48 ]</font>

I know! I still can't get over the sense of "I wish there was more" that I got upon reading the final sentence (which, by the way, could not have been a better one). The characters are so well-written and lovable that it almost seems like it wouldn't be such a stretch to see Lucy Gray fan fiction begin to pop up. Juicy Gay: The Series. I can see it now! We could use all the classic sitcom story lines. Maybe Jenna loses her glasses but is too proud to admit she can't see, or Lucy and Jenna accidentally break Yuu's favorite vase and have to glue it back together before he gets home, or Yuu's estranged and wacky brother comes to stay for a little while on their couch and totally throws the rhythm of the house off with his slacker antics!