Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast
    Hearty Official Member Chuck_Norris's Avatar

I prefer PSU. PSO was far to slow moving in terms of gameplay.

Also, inb4lolchuck.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Chuck_Norris on 2008-02-26 19:23 ]</font>

PSO for just a few reasons (GC/Xbox, the only ones I played).

First of all was it's maneuverability. You could shift from console to console and play with friends even if they didn't have an online account. It also felt like much more of a team-based game. Today it seems that if you have a healer (or are one) you can get through missions without troubles - presenting little incentive to meet new people. The last reason is for the rares and their drop rates. It seemed that everyone had something different that looked unique. Everything in PSU looks the same, almost bland.

That isn't to say PSU didn't do some things right. The photon energy for the weapons (even though killing the PSO "special" moves some weapons had) keeps things balanced, not to mention the Photon Arts themselves, which added another element of gameplay. The community aspect isn't that bad either. It is easy to jump in and out of parties, but with the population being not the biggest in the world, that can occasionally be an issue.

All in all I believe PSO to be more fun, if not for the nostalgic factor alone.

I like both, but I like PSO a tiny bit more.

sir Jao King of all Spam!!!

Psu FTW=/

I love them both

On 2008-02-26 17:13, Leahcim wrote:
    PSO's Story > PSU
    PSO had a story?

But yeah, PSU is pretty much superior to PSO in every way. But that's not to denigrate PSO, because it was excellent in its own time, but it's over 7 years old, and it shows.

I loved PSOBB a lot, and I relish the memories from the game, but I cannot bring myself to play PSO for over ten minutes now without falling asleep, or just laughing at how shitty it is compared to PSU.

On 2008-02-26 23:48, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:
    On 2008-02-26 17:13, Leahcim wrote:
    PSO's Story > PSU
    PSO had a story?

But yeah, PSU is pretty much superior to PSO in every way. But that's not to denigrate PSO, because it was excellent in its own time, but it's over 7 years old, and it shows.

I loved PSOBB a lot, and I relish the memories from the game, but I cannot bring myself to play PSO for over ten minutes now without falling asleep, or just laughing at how shitty it is compared to PSU.
    Exactly. And the people who say they prefer PSO are most likely nostalgiafags.
    Aeryn - 150 Newman ♀ | Kylie - 150 Human ♀ | Zael - 150 Beast ♂ | Sonja - 150 CAST ♀

Never forget.

The only thing good about PSOBB was the DORAMA.
    (Dead server) :: Angra Mainyu : Ahura Mazda : Arbalest : Fischerspooner :: PSUpedia & Forums

And the hax?
    Aeryn - 150 Newman ♀ | Kylie - 150 Human ♀ | Zael - 150 Beast ♂ | Sonja - 150 CAST ♀

Never forget.

97% of all the DORAMA was caused by hax.
    (Dead server) :: Angra Mainyu : Ahura Mazda : Arbalest : Fischerspooner :: PSUpedia & Forums