Thread: Melee FoMar

Awww but mechguns
    the mechguns
    the mechguns
    so sweeeeeet
    Gotta love 'em
    DPS TIEM IS NAO
    Im KY, so what?

Let's see. Slow? Check. Bad recovery time? Check. Only hit one enemy? Check. Not melee? Check.

What's to like about 'em? >_> Only mech in the game worth using is Yas9kM. >_>

PSUJP: Nai Calus, M. B. 176 FI 20 | Elly, F. N. 42 FT 5 Requiescat in pace.

High pope of the discordians

@Ian-KunX

You can kill many Enemies with Mechguns without to worry that they hit you.
    You don't have to run around for hours just to get a good position of the enemies before you attack.

Normal -> Hard -> Hard
    If enemy to near; then move;
    else Normal -> Hard -> Hard
    fi

Single hit Melee Weapons,
    run around till enemies at god position, Normal -> Hard, move.

Multi hit melee weapons
    run around till enemies at god position, Normal -> Hard, evade, Normal -> Hard, evade.

At least in single mode, maybe you don't have to concern that much about being gang raped by mobs when you move in to them in multi mode.

O.k. in Difficulties V.Hard and below it doesn't that much bother, but in Ultimate single mode you don't want move in to the enemies as far as possible.

Oh, and Mechguns + God/Battle are pretty fast.
    (if not to say pure ownage)
    And the recovery time doesn't cause problems if you don't try to melee with Mechguns at all.

On 2008-03-11 21:27, KojiroAK wrote:
    You can kill many Enemies with Mechguns without to worry that they hit you.
    You don't have to run around for hours just to get a good position of the enemies before you attack.
    Mechguns =/= Melee, by definition.

Also, mechguns are for the weak who are too afraid to go close-ranged combat.

At least in single mode, maybe you don't have to concern that much about being gang raped by mobs when you move in to them in multi mode.
    Why exactly are you surrounded by monsters in the first place then?

O.k. in Difficulties V.Hard and below it doesn't that much bother, but in Ultimate single mode you don't want move in to the enemies as far as possible.
    How about learn to dodge instead rather than just stand and shoot 9 bullets?

Oh, and Mechguns + God/Battle are pretty fast.
    (if not to say pure ownage)
    Lolz.

And the recovery time doesn't cause problems if you don't try to melee with Mechguns at all.
    Mechgun is not meleeing.

My fomar uses the following gear:

Lvl 144

Plantain Huge Fan, 35hit
    Bringers Rifle
    Double Saber, 60hit
    Charge Slicer, 50hit
    Demonic Fork, 0%, only for megid pierce.

Mag is 5/145/0/0

Fomar is just a humar who quit being a hunter.

On 2008-03-12 08:27, cashizslick wrote:
    My fomar uses the following gear:

Lvl 144

Plantain Huge Fan, 35hit
    Bringers Rifle
    Double Saber, 60hit
    Charge Slicer, 50hit
    Demonic Fork, 0%, only for megid pierce.
    There are better Partisans than Plantain Huge Fan, and Holy Ray is superior to Bringer's Rifle, and more common. You could, however, theoretically use Bringer's Rifle a lot sooner than Holy Ray...but I digress.

Mag is 5/145/0/0
    I hope you typoed this, because giving a FOmar a Mag with no DEX is a pretty bad idea. >_>

Fomar is just a humar who quit being a hunter.
    I disagree.

HUmar is the jack-of-all-trades kinda guy. He can do a little bit of everything. He doesn't have the crazy ATP or HP of a HUcast, the MST of a HUnewearl, or the ATA/EVP of a HUcaseal, but he's more balanced.

FOmars, paradoxically, have terribly low ATA, ATP, DFP, and HP, yet can still melee well. They can also support or go for pure techs, if need be.

about the 5/145/0/0 mag...err that only equals 150 dude, and mags can go up to 200. save that last 50 for dex.
    Quote Originally Posted by loukaras View Post
    PSO-World is a game?

Yeah thats definately a typo on the mag.

Meant to type 5/145/50/0.

@ Eihwaz,

The only partisian better than the PHF is the Soul Bannish, and untill I find a soul bannish with more ata than my 35h PHF I will not change weapons.

AtA is really important for the fomar, I would much rather have 35h on a PHF than 0 hit on a SBanish.

Fomar's ATA sucks. As such, he is better off meleeing with close range weapons . . . . lvl 30 SD and JZ help greatly with this. Ultimate ruins does not pose too much of a threat.

Also, how is the Holy ray better than the Brifle? The B rifle has a better special, and on PSOBB you can add hit% to it . . . .

On 2008-03-13 12:16, cashizslick wrote:
    Also, how is the Holy ray better than the Brifle? The B rifle has a better special, and on PSOBB you can add hit% to it . . . .
    Holy Ray is far, far more common, has more stable ATP (which makes up for the slightly higher ATP that Bringer's Rifle provides), has more base ATA, and it doesn't lower your EVP. The main disadvantage of Holy Ray is waiting to get the required 680 MST to equip it. This is, naturally, less of a problem for FOrces than for other classes.

If you're lucky enough to have a Bringer's Rifle, it's a pretty solid weapon. However, its rarity makes it less useful overall than the more common Holy Ray (which I would argue is "better", anyway).

How does EVP matter when you are standing a mile away from your target, sniping it with a rifle?