Ok, I'm told that for the PC version, RAM affects how smoothly this game runs. The main site says minimum of 256 mb RAM (512mb recommended) to play this game. My PC has 512mb, but would this be enough to eliminate slowdown completely? Or should i upgrade it to a higher amount of RAM?

I ask because I've been thinking of switching from ps2 to PC. I can no longer stand the ridiculous amounts of slowdown I get when i play on my ps2, particularly when I'm in 4-6 man parties or if a techer decides declare nuclear war on anything that moves.

Also, 'please' don't give me that "Look in the forum search" crap, because I already did, and found no answer for my question...Thank You to anyone who provides some answers.

Spoiler!

Here's the requirements for PSU AotI:

Operating System: Windows 2000 (Later than SP4)/ Windows XP (Later than SP2) / Windows Vista
    Processor: Higher than Pentium 4 1.6GHz (Pentium 4 2.6GHz Recommended)
    Memory: Higher than 256MB (512MB Recommended) * 1GB required in Vista environment
    Disk Space: At least 9.0GB
    Graphics Card: Direct 3D support, Over 64MB VRAM (128MB Recommended)
    Direct X: Version 9.0c (Included)
    Optical Drive: DVD-ROM drive required
    Internet connection: 256kbs or better

The reason I copy-pasted the requirements list is because I can't tell you whether or not 512 MB of RAM would be enough to give you a comfortable playing experience over the PS2.

RAM is not the only deciding factor in whether or not a game will run well on a PC. It also depends on your graphics card, and your CPU's processing power. I would think that Sonic Team rated the requirements based on a computer that won't suffer from slowdown during hectic missions (with no frameskip option enabled of course), so I would THINK that a computer which meets all of the recommended requirements would be fine.

But again, I can't tell you to be sure. My computer's old setup did not meet the recommended requirements in several areas.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: F-Gattaca on 2008-04-12 17:50 ]</font>

Adding something from PM:

red1228 wrote:
    "Display Adapter" = Graphics Card?
    -if so, mine is an NVIDIA GeForce 6200 TurboCache

"Processing Power" = Processor i would think...
    -AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3200+

does this provide anymore info? i would really like it if i could just buy the pc version, put it in and be able to play. i apologize for all of these questions, and greatly appreciate your responses.
    Sorry it took me so long to reply to this--I've looked into the parts you've got.

Your CPU has 2.0 GHZ from what I've seen. That puts you in the middle of the road between 1.6 and 2.6; I personally have a quadcore 2.4 ghz CPU, and I don't think the game recognizes all four cores ... so your performance shouldn't be too far off from mine with respect to your CPU.

As far as your graphics card ...

It looks like you might be fine. I checked the model of your card on nVidia's website:

http://www.nvidia.com/page/geforce6200_pci

Seems like your card meets the recommended VRAM amount, and may even best it.

I think you'll at LEAST be able to run PSU with maximum quality and frameskip set to 1 without slowdown. You might even be able to pull 0 frameskip with no slowdown.