It has been this way for a while for me but i am now starting to think it is not supposed to be. Whenever I use a photon charge it only charges at most 600 pp on any weapon. I am a Newman female guntecher and have constantly notice pp charging not working 100%. Example, charging a 1200 pp rifle from 212 returned only to 826 after using a photon charge. Anyone else experience this or know why it won't fully charge?

I've never heard of that. But if you're using 1 handed weapons and use the Photon Charge straight from your Pallete, it splits the charge to fill both sides by half.

If you have two single-handed weapons in the same palette spot, the Photon Charge will be split between the two.
    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.

Rifles aren't two-handed, though, so...

Is your connection laggy? I know lots of people who get a lot of lag sometimes use a Photon Charge and their PP fills up, but then goes away or drops down a ton real quick.
    (Dead server) :: Angra Mainyu : Ahura Mazda : Arbalest : Fischerspooner :: PSUpedia & Forums

wether its a glitch or not i dont know, but if i have PP charge at palette, it usually doesnt fill the weapon completely. However, if its not at my palette, and i use it through the menu, it will ALWAYS fill it completely.

On an unrelated note, does it shit you guys that PP Charges are split between single handed weapons? I mean sheesh, how hard is it to work out i'm charging the weapon i have active, and if i wanted to charge both id either use a cosmo or use 2 PP charges...

Actually, I kind of like that it charges both. It keeps one of them from running out, at least. Of course, this is only effective for bullet and tech weapons, since I always keep my melee weapons fully charged with JA.
    Phantasy Star Portable 2 characters:

Kinako-Level 76 Female Human Force
    Koji-Level 64 Male Beast Hunter
    Rinia-Level 15 Female CAST Ranger
    Nova-Level 7 Female Newman Hunter

that only happens to me when I'm uses two 1 handed weapons ie. Serdote & Dori

Cast/M, 150
    Beast/F, 86
    Newman/M, 110
    Beast/M, 101

Taking A Break From PSU

The only Photon Charge glitch I've ever ran across was the Photon Charge being used but not charging my weapon.

The last time I remember it happening was during 1-up cup, but when it did that, even if I used 3 of them in a row, the weapon wouldn't be charged, but the Photon Charge was consumed.

I'd fix it when that happened by changing to a different weapon on my palette, then changing back, then consuming another Photon Charge.
    Creator of Tethealla, Administrator of Ephinea.