Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

31 75.61%
  • No

10 24.39%
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default Correlation between Game Region and Cartoon preference

Since someone made the comment about it on another thread I was curious.

Since you are playing a game that originated from Japan, do you watch Japanese cartoons?

Discuss.

ya I do and yes i do believe that if you enjoy games that originate in japan your a bit prone to be a bit of a anime nerd too :P
    Need some Assistance! Look no further!

Anime and manga geek here I'm afraid. I particularly enjoy Vampire Knight at the moment.
    Getting bored of the typical MMO, enjoying muddling through moonspeak on PSO2.

wonderful. Glade to see that I'm not the only one.

A bit off topic though I think it'd be great to see a PSU anime or manga even though I know it'd never happen.

But I mean someone made a Suikoden 3 manga and a Warcraft manga... and a Devil May Cry 3 manga... so who knows?

Yes I watch one anime (code geass) but then again, I also like Roughnecks: STC and pinky and the brain. I'm pretty much region free.

Don't watch anime. Playing anime styled games doesn't neccessarily make you like anime either. The fact that 90% of PSU players are probably anime nerds who like DBZ/Naruto and think its cool doesn't help this game.

Long story short: Anime and Manga rock. As of late, I have lost hope in "American" Cartoon shows. I miss the cartoons of the 90's. Those rocked. Some of this new stuff though...

Poor kids of today, they don't stand a chance...

And I'm not even 20 yet and I can realize this (along with most of my friends.)

By the way, Sonic the Hedgehog was named as the Second most American Video Game/ Cartoon Character, so the lines between American and Japanese is almost gone. Article seen here: http://www.kombo.com/article.php?artid=11367&pg=3

Ever heard of Winx Club, the Avatar and Totally Spies? My little sister loves those shows and I thought that they were experimental Anime's from Japan... but nope. One was made by some Chinese guys and the other two came from France. So go figure.

The line between Japanese Animation and Animation is as blurry as "American" or "Japanese" Cars: almost no line whatsoever. And thus we shouldn't hate any kind soley because of where they originate.
    Last edited by Ken_Silver; Jul 7, 2008 at 01:02 AM.
    Real Heroes do not fight wars. They are born to prevent them.

Sorry for the horrible quality!
    Kenneth Silver - Male - Human - Former Guardian... for now.

The fact that 90% of PSU players are probably anime nerds who like DBZ/Naruto and think its cool doesn't help this game.
    I couldn't agree more!

I'm sick of seeing 30 DBZ characters a day.

I'm sick of unoriginal people playing the same characters from the same shows/game all the time.

If you're gonna do it at least do something that's not mainstream. Like the time I was going through Holtes City and saw the ENTIRE CAST of VAmpire Knight. You guys are awesome if you post here.

Also, thank you Kua for being someone who voted no and still commented ^_^

I will have to say I do like DBZ alot but not to the point that im going to obssess and lvl up a copied character....

I like my original styles much more :3

but I do hate going to Neudiaz to get my Spell PA's and passing by 100's of emo sausukes and the orange jump suit wearing ninja named naruto xD
    Need some Assistance! Look no further!

I agree, but one thing worse than the sasukes and narutos are the sephiroths and seshomarus.