Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    AKA the Unbelievable Batmobile UnderscoreX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeOtacon View Post
    System Patriotism: Able to handle criticism for your system of choice maturely.

System Fanboyism: Blind idiocy.
    Really ?

So if I say the average American couldn't jump rope even it were laid flat out on the ground, all the rednecks are going to say "Well good point, young sir." I'm pretty sure they'd try to shoot me.

Pretentious people use different terms to try and sugarcoat what they're doing, it's all the same thing.
    My better is better than your better.

System Patriotism:: stupid
    System Fanboyism: stupid

if you have either reevaluate your life

Default LOL terminology

Well pardon me for saying that I like one video game system better than another. I didn't realize that made me some kind of materialistic shill at the whim of some random corporation.

The vibe I'm getting from this thread is "neutral or fanboy" which is just as stupid in my opinion.

Well, I'm not so black and white to believe in the "neutral or fanboy" thing. It's just that I myself, personally, am not a fanboy of any company or console, I just happen to go the other extreme, which is, neutrality. It's just me. I'm sure there's a fine line between being loyal to a system and being so loyal to the extent of hating anything else, but I just like to be neutral.

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

I don't really see the point of any patriotism whatsoever. MS/Sony/Nintendo only care about what you think insofar as to get your money. I bought SCIV for PS3 because the d-pad on the 360 controller is f*cking criminal, and I'll get GTAIV for 360 because of XBLive's superior reliability. Picking a single system doesn't really get you anywhere.

Metal Gear Solid 5:
    Consoles of The Patriots

Exo? Come in Exo! Exo!? EXO!?!? EXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

Quote Originally Posted by AC9breaker View Post
    Metal Gear Solid 5:
    Consoles of The Patriots

Exo? Come in Exo! Exo!? EXO!?!? EXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I LOLED IRL ...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

I love this topic.

Play the damn games people, no one wants to hear your opinions on how awesomesauce a game is unless it's asked for. And it's usually biased anyways, so that goes beyond pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by UnderscoreX View Post
    Really ?

So if I say the average American couldn't jump rope even it were laid flat out on the ground, all the rednecks are going to say "Well good point, young sir." I'm pretty sure they'd try to shoot me.

Pretentious people use different terms to try and sugarcoat what they're doing, it's all the same thing.
    Clearly you've only heard stereotypes about America...not that I really like living here

I think the whole thing is a very odd conversation... Patriots to one cause are quite commonly "traitors" or "terrorists" to another.....

I have always wavered between the 2 and then 3 companies, but i've always felt that if you are not paying for your own systems (i.e. if your parents buy them, or if you buy them with allowance) then you should only own 1 at a time(of the current systems). any more than that and you're spoiled. once you are working for the money that you spend.... do whatever, i'm not going to call you spoiled cause you own two or more, you earned it.

anyhow, I have 2 at the moment, and I would like to play some of the games on PS3, but as i can't afford all 3, i'm not going to bother.

they will always become last gen in a few years.

Corruption detected in trainer card