Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Man I swear that one chineses girl He something has to be like no older then 12 years old but they are passing her off as 16 it kinda makes me question at what age are they considered adults !!!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

Are they REALLY 12? Or is that "just how they look"?

Hell, even if they're 12, I give 'em mad props for what they can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro_Vordex View Post
    Are they REALLY 12? Or is that "just how they look"?

Hell, even if they're 12, I give 'em mad props for what they can do.
    "According to the passports issued by their government, they are old enough to compete." Which is what everyone's been saying for awhile.

One is easily old enough, another is "eh...maybe", the smallest one still has the kid look in her face. (Yeah I know, Asian girls generally look younger than what they are.) But this girl, there's no way she's 16 or turning 16 this year. (As the rules require for these events.)

I hate most of the Canadian athletes.

"So, are you happy with your performance?"

"Well, I broke my personal best record, so I'd say I'm happy with my performance."

Well, it's great you bested yourself. Too bad you came in eleventh place.

None of them strive to win. I don't think we'll ever do well unless we start rewarding our athletes for medalling like other countries do.
    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.

One of the girls on the Chinese team was confirmed to be 12, she participated in a Junior competition about a month ago.

I wonder how Phelps is in real life.

In other news: Men's USA volleyball team is pretty tough. Whenever the served it usually hit a guy from China &they fell over.

Squidsquatch

Quote Originally Posted by Typheros View Post
    One of the girls on the Chinese team was confirmed to be 12, she participated in a Junior competition about a month ago.

I fail to see how that makes them suck...

Though for shame chinese management team for breaking rules. Even though it seems like the rules you broke would make it more difficult to win. I quizzically scratch my head at you.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackRose View Post
    I fail to see how that makes them suck...

Though for shame chinese management team for breaking rules. Even though it seems like the rules you broke would make it more difficult to win. I quizzically scratch my head at you.
    Never said it did. But the rule states that all participants must be age 16 or older and I really must shake my head at the olympic committee when this infraction is so painfully obvious.

The girls deserved the team gold medal they got, don't get me wrong. They performed incredibly well. I'd just like to see the rules followed a little better by all parties to blame.

Marry me Michael Phelps.

Go Team America!

PSO2: Kylie.HUnewearl.Sh02

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian_Knight View Post
    I hate most of the Canadian athletes.

"So, are you happy with your performance?"

"Well, I broke my personal best record, so I'd say I'm happy with my performance."

Well, it's great you bested yourself. Too bad you came in eleventh place.

None of them strive to win. I don't think we'll ever do well unless we start rewarding our athletes for medalling like other countries do.
    Nice support for your team there, don't see you stepping up though so maybe you should cut him some fucking slack? Beating your own time and seeing your own improvement is always something to be proud of, whether it's first or last place.

Really what you want him to say, a tearful apology to Canada for "letting you down"? Endless excuses and make Canadians look like sore losers?