Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default s+10's and inflation

Everyone I know is aware of the S+10 glitch that was fixed awile back, but allowed good number of cheaters to stock up on stacks of 99 S+10 grinders for 1 meseta apeice.

A friend of a friend is one of these cheaters. He was banned for two weeks for producing illegit grinders. Then he emailed SEGA saying that he bought those grinders legally and they gave him back his account. He now has a full common box of S+10 stacks, and sells one stack at a time overnight for something like 33 mil profit everday.

Now, there are people who have 4+ stacks of meseta, 6x Spread Needle/G and still have 20+ stacks of S+10 grinders to sell.

Meaning that if a casual player wants to buy a high % Mugunruk (for example), well, even a stack won't buy one 46% or higher.

So now all the most coveted items are going for more than I will ever be able to produce legit.

I'm not sure what to think of this. You?

Wow, it's like someone dropped a huge nuke on the economy.

If Sega actually took the time to test their updates before making them live, they would've avoided incidents like these....I understand that mistakes happen, but look at their track record when it comes to updates that go without a hitch.

well it seems to me that if you can't match their money, you'd have to match their items. there are other methods of attaining high percentage weapons. You could always make your own.

Make one sell it for a stack and buy another one or barter it for another element of similar percent. It seems to me this game will eventually wind up with an economy similar to pso. Money will mean nothing as sooner or later everyone will have so much of it we won't be able to hold much more.

But in short i guess its better to purchase/farm a board and hope for the best.

BTW. I completely agree about how retarted this is with sega allowing accounts full of illegit items back on the open servers.
    GT: Seriyu

Telina 140/20 ForteTecher
    Seiryuu 78/10 ForteGunner
    Isis 130/20 ForteFighter
    Moose 1/1

I have to agree with both of you to be honest. In PSO, money meant nothing it was so glitched and even before the hacks it truly meant nothing. I hope the economy doesn't eventually wind up like that, because I enjoy saving up a couple mil to drop it on somethin I really want. You know you really worked for it, not just did a few hacks and all of a sudden had a full stack of meseta to blow.

one of the reasons it meant nothing is because we didn't have the same shop system, meaning there was no easy way to buy/sell

the other for me, was that you could only hold 24mil at max, where as you can hold 800mil on this one
    Name: AmRiT
    Level: 149
    Type: Male Newman, Masterforce (13)

Name: xAmRiT
    Level: 126
    Type: Female Cast, Gunmaster (10)

Bowser Troopa, Force Flex Poncho_Jr's Avatar

This is berry berry ebil.
    I coulda used those to try and get Hoshi-Kikamic to 10. D:

You know you wanna join.

ST should have wiped every S+10 grinders after the glitch was fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasamichan View Post
    Same thing I was thinking at the time.
    Starter of the "Welcome to PSO-World" and "Happy birthday!" trend since July 10, 2008.

Come play PSO with me on Ephinea server!
    https://ephinea.pioneer2.net/

Default This

Quote Originally Posted by Sasamichan View Post
    QFT. Or at least wiped anything more than one stack per account. I suspect that the work required to do so would have been far in excess of what Sega planned to do for those on us on the Xbox360. So now we just have to deal with players that glitched grinders making tons of meseta, and players that took advantage of the situation by buying grinders on the cheap that are now profiting. Those of us with integrity just have to deal with it. At least we can sleep at night.

I'm looking at it like this...

There are two kinds of players that dwell in PSU the hackers/cheaters and the legit ones

The hacker/cheaters are the ones that dupe, scam, rare boot, and whatever else that type of douche bag does

The legit players are the types who are obviously opposite of the hacker/cheaters and wouldn't boot if a certain rare dropped.

Now this type of thing has been going on since the PSO days. Any one remember using the words "Is it legit" or "I'm legit" or "It's duped" you know the rest...

Now these people with stacks of S+10's or a multiple A's and S's grinded up to 10 you already know how those weapons got there. DUPED S+10's. So when so and so goes Look at my Mugungruk +10! I'm sooo much better than you! I'm going to be straight up and tell them that weapon is garbage! Because, they had to cheat to get that. So while they do 100-150 per hit (big whoop!) I'll just take out my viper hand gun (because I play with the weapons I like not what everyone thinks are cool) pop the Koltova that you are poking, and turn my camera, get my own kill experiance + some from yours. Problem solved. That cheated weapon doesn't make you a better player than me, doesn't give them "GOD" status it just shows the noobs that they have a "good" weapon but shows me that you are a cheater and I probly shouldnt be playing with you because if your party leader your just gonna be gready and boot everyone just to get an in game rare item and I won't get my money, MP, or fair share of the rares. (On a side note what's the point of booting any way? Just to get a rare and flex your e-peen to everyone?)

I'm not "poor" by any means on this game since money comes and goes. But I'll be straight up and tell you I can't afford to go out and buy 50 S+10's and still be ballin. So I'll have to get my own. Soon enough those S+10's will be gone and then what are they going to do? What other ways can they cheat? May not be by the end of the year but eventually they will be gone.

Any one remember how duping took the fun ot of PSO?! It's the same thing! If you had Max level and every rare you wanted and those rares were maxed out whats the reason to play?! We're hurting our own game. What reason is there to have 4 stacks of money?! You cheated to get there in the first place, so why should you control every market?!

And if everyone is sooo concerned about it how about 50 people go at least once a week and buy 1 S+10 grinder and feed it to your bot. Get those things off the market. 50 people can get it done! So what you lose 20K a week?! Its a game! 3-4 more years it won't mean shit! Are you gonna look back in 20xx and say yeah, that game was fun but after the grinder glitch I lost 20K a week! You won't care! So make the experiance more worth while now and get them off the maket!

But then what does that do? it either forces everyone to make their own which is a good thing or it will force the prices of grinders up soo high no one can make steady money off of them and we all go back to picking up A and S grinder bases!