Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking Mother 3 translation patch is out!

La news.

Good times are a coming! ;o The Mother 3 Translation Patch is on it's way either this week or next week. Make sure to import your copy of Mother 3 in the meantime so you can play this cult smash.

A good thing to do too, is prepare by playing Earthbound (Mother 2), or Earthbound Zero (Mother) if you are feeling adventurous, or both! Very great and quirky turn-based RPGs that make fun of modern and western pop-culture, and make fun of RPGs that came out at the time.

Mother 3 is a darker, more moody story, but still light hearted in execution. I am looking forward to actually being able to follow along to the story this time, and not just the visual based humor.

Discuss your excitement, or entrance, into one of the funniest RPG series out, and soon to be out! ;3

---

edit: The patch is out now! Go get your chance to play through this game, now!
    Last edited by Zarode; Oct 17, 2008 at 01:04 PM.

Who is this guy again? Shadowpawn's Avatar

Hmm, I don't know if we are allowed to talk about ROMs or not but that's pretty cool. I liked Earthbound and wouldn't mind checking this out.

On the topic of "entrance," I think we should take the rpg, and put it in our butts. Just sayin...

My enjoyment of the Mother series is less than other fans, but I am looking forward to playing it.

Maybe this will inspire other groups to translate other cool games.

Tokimeki Memorial

The Master of Mispeled Words Moo2u's Avatar

Sooooo....why was this never released in the Americas?

The Original CAST Force burninglink5's Avatar

I can't wait for the patch to come out, the couple years spent waiting for it will hopefully be worth it. The Mother series is one of my favorite game series of all time. I've already played through Mother 3 in Japanese, although playing it in English will be a treat.
    PSU: Master Chief- LV180 Cast Everything-techer
    PSO2: BeatMastaChief - Cast Force

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpawn View Post
    Hmm, I don't know if we are allowed to talk about ROMs or not but that's pretty cool. I liked Earthbound and wouldn't mind checking this out.
    Also, yeah, please no talking about ROMs. This ISN'T a ROM, but a patcher for it. How you acquire and patch a ROM is none of our business, least you wanna be banned.

Suggestion: Import the game, and dump the cart yourself. Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Moo2u View Post
    Sooooo....why was this never released in the Americas?
    Tons of money marketed on Earthbound, it flopped, left a scar. Plus, this games story is a little deep to be released as E, maybe as E10+ tho...

Also, hush Scrub. ;3 There are few jRPGs I like anyways. I'm just as picky as you.
    Last edited by Zarode; Oct 15, 2008 at 06:51 PM.

I don't think I can properly explain how excited I am for this patch. The entire time, I figured that Nintendo was going to send a cease & desist, but it never came. Now that we're about a week away, I'm both more excited and more scared than I've ever been.

The Mother series is one of the few really stand-out bunch of games out there. Unlike most JRPGs, it's not so self-important to actually enjoy itself. I am eagerly awaiting the chance to finally play Mother 3.

I am so going to play this once I have a chance. I feel the urge to play through Earthbound again for the million billionth time, actually.

yes, this sounds fantastic. Mother 3 was for the DS right? crap I just swapped my ds for a psp...

Corruption detected in trainer card