Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 41112131415 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Itsuki-chan View Post
    I think you all misunderstood me. Let me explain:

- Have each installed in a different directory
    - Even if they are both installed in the same directory, because they both use the same settings file, if you change any settings while on the JP version, then the US version will no longer open properly because it can't properly read the settings file.
    - If you attempt to open "online.exe" which is what you'd normally start the game with, the screen opens, shows up for a split second, and disappears.

The easiest fix for this is to change your shortcut to the US version. (Using mine as examples)
    Original shortcut:
    "F:GamesSEGAUPHANTASY STAR UNIVERSE Illuminusonline.exe"

Changed shortcut:
    "F:GamesSEGAUPHANTASY STAR UNIVERSE IlluminusPsuIlluminus.exe" -PSU

This runs PsuIlluminus.exe directly, bypassing that "story mode, network mode, options, credits" loader screen and just immediately bringing up the game.
    O.o so whos right u wrote more so maybe ur right lol

Raiden lvl 140, Wolf Blade lvl 140, Nataku lvl 140, Hayate lvl 140, Rinoa 91
    ----------PSU Japan--------------------------
    Rinoa-Chan lvl 92, Ryo Angelo lvl 94, Treize K lvl 45

Quote Originally Posted by Treize K View Post
    O.o so whos right u wrote more so maybe ur right lol
    You quoted before I editted. Sorry sorry. I did mean to say that you still need to have them in different directories. I was just trying to explain why even in different directories it still doesn't work 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Itsuki-chan View Post
    You quoted before I editted. Sorry sorry. I did mean to say that you still need to have them in different directories. I was just trying to explain why even in different directories it still doesn't work 100%.
    ahhh ok well i have 3 computers so ill might just do 1 PC US, 1 PC JP
    in tennis we call that game, set match

freaking UPS taking to long to deliver >.>

How is everyone doing with their imports. I read about a lot of people ordering copies, but then I heard nothing back about how it turned out. I'm considering making the jump myself, so more experience stories would be nice!
    PSO:BB
    Aura - Racast - lvl 114
    Aura - Fonewearl - lvl 69
    TwilightD - Hucast - lvl 43
    Retired PSU diehard.

Its very easy to do, and other importers are crazy nice and I didn't have much difficulty playing with the JP populace. Atm I don't have the $$ to cover to accounts though and the JP one is slightly more expensive due to international fees through my bank >.> so its currently not active.
    Getting bored of the typical MMO, enjoying muddling through moonspeak on PSO2.

Alright I just imported the game, and I got a few questions.

Is everything going to be in Japanese text that I can't read at all, or is there some type of half-ass translation at least? I have a feeling theres not but its worth the asking lol

Also, how am I going to know which items are which, if there is no translation?

http://www.amesani.org/psu/db/index.php
    This site has the Japanese item names
    http://nihongo.j-talk.com/parser/
    This site to actual convert them so we can search for them correctly. Granted some of them are a little difficult sometimes ><

You now also have a group invite for the importers. Get to know some of the people, ask Vec to introduce you to some of them so you can get cards and such. I'll be on sometime tomorrow if you'd like to drop me a place and time to meet after about 5pm est =) And welcome to the Japanese version, you're gonna have a blast!

Wow thanks a lot, I'm enjoying JP already =]

I just ordered it today from Play Asia so I won't have it for a while but I would loveve to meet up with some people. I am transferring from 360 so I will have to learn the controls for pc as well as becoming more familiar with the Japanese text and what not. Thanks again, I would love to meet up when I get on =]

The controller lay out is pretty much the same, but you can't use your triggers. I have figured out how to use the back button for the mission stat thing (the one you use to get your mp). I'll take a pic of my layout a little later for you.