Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1623242526272829 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian_Knight View Post
    Well, I'll commend Ruby for at least trying to remain transparent with us. That's something we've not seen since this game launched.
    I would agree with this but something like this always happen. It don't matter how nice and good ruby is handling this, something like this will happen again. They f up way too much. It kinda sad because i really like this game.

Glad to see this went by with no prob... owait. *goes back to twiddling thumbs*

EDIT: Wait, servers are back up? Okay, thank you. >_>;
    Last edited by Kylie; Dec 7, 2008 at 11:29 PM.

PSO2: Kylie.HUnewearl.Sh02

Quote Originally Posted by RubyEclipse View Post
    Hey PC/PS2 players!

So, I have some good news - first off, we've isolated and managed to fix the issue. This will result in a rollback, but only to Saturday (Yes, we had backups. :P) just before the servers went down originally.

Also, everyone who lost characters or items will return to find them all intact and just like you left them before the power maintenance! Special thanks again for letting us know so we could fix the issue and restore everything so quickly.

And finally - servers are up! Please log back and check to confirm all is well, and have a great weekend! (Second time's the charm, right?)

All the best,

- Ruby

Standard Backup Procedures FTW !!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RubyEclipse View Post
    360 Players,

Today has been an interesting day already - here's the scoop on the reason for the new maintenance and the 360 issue we're fixing in the meantime.

A number of players reported that items had either vanished or were duplicated since power maintenance - this was tied back to an issue with the common box, and we've already been able to locate the problem and are working on our method to fix it.

This maintenance will last for approximately two hours, and I will let you all know if a rollback is needed as we get closer to bringing the servers back online. Thanks again for your patience and apologies on behalf of the team for this issue. I'll keep you all updated shortly!
    Don't worry about it Ruby, we know it's not your fault. Take the time it takes to fix it. If a rollback is necessary to fix it, it doesn't matter if we lose the items we found tonight, do what's best for everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Sylsha View Post
    Don't worry about it Ruby, we know it's not your fault. Take the time it takes to fix it. If a rollback is necessary to fix it, it doesn't matter if we lose the items we found tonight, do what's best for everyone
    Majority overwhelms minority. :O

Quote Originally Posted by Sylsha View Post
    Yes, this. For people complaining about this taking too long, imagine if you lost your most valuable item due to this. Then would you say screw the people that this happened to just to get an extra 2 hours of playtime? I mean it's not like we had servers up for very long anyway.
    (360) If you have a Love Inferno that you're thinking of selling, PM me pleeeeeease.

Turbo we both knew they were going to mess up...

Personally, I'm upset because due to the content update, my friend finally convinced me to climb back onboard for the first time since MAG. I could only play for an hour Friday, so then I came back to play on my only night off (last night) and only day off (today) and no such luck. Naturally I believe it's the world trying to tell me to let go of this game as it has many times over, but it's frustrating knowing I won't have any good "chunk" of time to enjoy the new content til 9 days from now, when I have another day off.

I understand it's no one-person's fault, but as someone else previously stated; Over the past 26 months of my subscription, major flaws/resets/downtime/being slowly fed minor content has already stretched my patience as thin as possible with PSU. I'm a diehard PSO fan and as such I have not once cancelled my subscription to PSU even for the months at a time when I would quit (to prevent data loss) and yet after having spent almost $400 playing this game since day one, things like this still happen. I can't help but compare this to any other subscription based MMO I've ever played, where the servers are RARELY down for maintenance, content is added without hiccups/regularly, etc.

I have the right to be angry because we have to pay every month to play this game online/keep our character data. If I was not paying money out of my pocket, then Sega could have all the downtime they wanted and I wouldn't say a word. Maybe if all this would've happened while I was at work all week, I wouldn't have even posted... But surely in times like these Sega understands how EXTREMELY valuable every minute and every dollar is for each and every single one of us.

/vent

Lol since GBR the only thing i've gotten so far was a [B] Armas Line I hope thats still there if they do a roll back....i think i got it about 9AM EST :P

If its not there im not gonna trip but it would be nice for it to still b there
    Gamertag: jaye3rd89