Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    SFS/Nth Gen Interactive Rayokarna's Avatar

If you complain about having only to use ONE EX Trap, your not a Protranser. Nuff Said.

Once & forever Protranser Gunslinger-08's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by afterthoughtz View Post
    I just find it rather funny that people think if you use a lot of traps that your a noob protranser, lol c'mon, its the biggest trademark of the class
    Nope. No one has said that at all. You know, I'm sure all the CAST users are all up in arms too. Their SUV gauges get reset after every round. The point is to limit LOLWIN tactics, since this mode is about survival and teamwork.

Can any other class tag all the enemies with Barada Maga (the acc/evp debuff shottie bullet), then ljabroga into the mob, not missing a single hit? Can any other glass back a huge enemy into a corner with a grenade launcher, then crash into its face with Majarra? Protransers have so much at their disposal.

Yes, the traps are the hallmark of the class, but your choice of words makes it seem like you treat EX traps as a crutch.

btw, just have each of your teammates carry a set of one of each of the EX traps, and that can bring you up to 6 of each type for a run of the mission. Speaking of which, that's probably why they limited it in the first place. If you had a full stack of EX traps, 30 in all, and each of your partymates carried a set of thirty as well, that would be 180 EX traps for the whole run. (If there's six to a party.) o_o; Think about how broken that would be.
    Last edited by Gunslinger-08; Jan 22, 2009 at 03:21 PM. Reason: clarified my math

Ship 2 - Gatz

Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger-08 View Post
    btw, just have each of your teammates carry a set of one of each of the EX traps, and that can bring you up to 6 of each type for a run of the mission. Speaking of which, that's probably why they limited it in the first place. If you had a full stack of EX traps, 30 in all, and each of your partymates carried a set of thirty as well, that would be 180 EX traps for the whole run. o_o; Think about how broken that would be.
    I think I read the party was limited to 4 people for this mission.
    Still it would be broken if all 4 players were carrying full stacks of EX Traps.

I just find it rather funny that people think if you use a lot of traps that your a noob protranser, lol c'mon, its the biggest trademark of the class
    It's not that if you use alot of EX traps that you are a noob transer. Its if thats the only thing you rely on period. I play PT for its versatility, not just for EX spam.

Signature by Gama

Quote Originally Posted by The_Brimada View Post
    This still won't stop me from playing as PT in the event.
    Seconded, PT offers a massive amount of flexibility that melee classes will need here. Its already been established that gunners are better off, and PT offers possibility the best hybird between long range and melee. Unfortuanetly the reliance on slow weapons will bite back. As for the limit on EX traps? That should come standard in every mission... I just wish they would incease the limit on G traps.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayokarna View Post
    If you complain about having only to use ONE EX Trap, your not a Protranser. Nuff Said.
    Oh ya, How so??
    Play PSU and have Myspace? Add www.myspace.com/aaricane

SFS/Nth Gen Interactive Rayokarna's Avatar

Oh ya, How so??
    PSU Version 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayokarna View Post
    PSU Version 1.
    Oh ya that really helps, how about giving a valid reason for once??

Oh ya that really helps, how about giving a valid reason for once??
    EX traps didn't exist in Version 1, and PT stats were complete and utter crap. I still played it back in the day though. We didn't go on an EX trap spamming frenzy because there were none, obviously.

Signature by Gama

Quote Originally Posted by The_Brimada View Post
    EX traps didn't exist in Version 1, and PT stats were complete and utter crap. I still played it back in the day though. We didn't go on an EX trap spamming frenzy because there were none, obviously.
    Ya thats great an dall but i'm refering to this line right here, "If you complain about having only to use ONE EX Trap, your not a Protranser. Nuff Said" well gues what, protransers have EX traps now so as far as i'm concerned is i can whine about only using an EX trap and not be called a noob protranser, seriously people...