Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast

Thread: Resident Evil 5

My copy's been dispatched. ;o

Quote Originally Posted by Outrider View Post
    I mean, survival horror existed prior to Resident Evil. Alone in the Dark is probably the most famous pre-RE survival horror game (it even used tank controls!)
    Oh, I didn't know about Alone in the Dark's controls! I think they gave this kind of gameplay an actual name after Resident Evil, though, but if Alone in the Dark was before Resident Evil, I guess it wasn't as risky as I thought. Making a new series would be scary in itself though I'd imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Outrider View Post
    Actually, only the T-virus creates zombies/tyrants/etc. The G-virus creates G-types, like William Birkin or whats-his-face in Degeneration.
    Curtis! I also didn't know what else to call G-types... lol You know, they definitely aren't tyrants because they don't mutate after being extremely harmed. By the way, Left 4 Dead is great! I wish I had more people to play it! Annnnnnnd...

http://www.l4dmods.com/index.php?opt...s&catid=2:news

This looks really amazing!

-----------------------

I guess L4DMods is down today or something... The link should work later, though. The screenshots are great but he's since scrapped the map and has decided to remake it for even better detail. I love the bar he made when you meet Brad and the police department!

There's also someone else making a Resident Evil 2 map for Left 4 Dead!
    Last edited by Metsume; Mar 12, 2009 at 04:38 PM.

(Oshihiro) Metsume - Ship 2

I hadn't heard about the RE3 campaign - only the RE2 one. I own L4D on Xbox since I have more people to play it with, but I'm tempted to buy it again down the line on PC just for this sort of extra content.

From one crazy RE fan to another, I'd highly recommend TWilde's RE Plot Analysis on GameFAQs. Even for somebody who's familiar with the series, it's a fun read that helps you remember some of the interesting minutiae. (I should mention, though - it's long.)

Do they have any plans to add more playable characters to L4D? Aside from the whole FPS thing, that's my number one concern about getting it myself. The RE locations look awesome, and it'd be even sicker if they added RE characters or somethin'. Of course, the girl they have now (Zoe?) reminds me a little of Claire as is.

PSO2: Kylie.HUnewearl.Sh02

& stirring up controversy
    Lake WorthLESS, FLO-RIDA, IN DAH GHETTO CUZ I'M A GANGSTUH

Default How will you play Resident Evil 5?

Just curious.
    When you guys get Resident Evil 5 how will you play it through your first time?
    Singleplayer?
    Co-op? You have a special someone your gonna play co-op with? Are you gonna do it over XBL or PSN? Splitscreen? OR maybe even LAN? (lol, who uses that anymore?)
    OR you just gonna play co-op with the first random person you find on the internet?

And how about difficulty? I heard that the demo actually isn't on Normal mode and it's actually easier on the real game. If you can select your difficulty from the beginning, you gonna play through your first time on Normal or Easy? Or do you want a hardened experience your first time through?

At first, me and my friend were both planning on getting it but he doesn't really like Resident Evil like I do and he wasn't into the demo that much like me and my little bro were. Also, we couldn't connect over XBL on the demo for some reason. I connected to everyone else I played with fine but for some reason I couldn't connect with him. Lol, so I convinced him to get the new 50 cent game instead and I'm gonna do my first playthrough of Re5 splitcreen with my lil bro on the hardest difficulty (if you can even select hard your first time through)

How will you guys play it?

Supreme Pantless Commander SpikeOtacon's Avatar

She's a summer love in the spring, fall and winter

With my bare hands.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

Casually.

& stirring up controversy
    Lake WorthLESS, FLO-RIDA, IN DAH GHETTO CUZ I'M A GANGSTUH

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeOtacon View Post
    Wait, so how are you gonna play it?

Supreme Pantless Commander SpikeOtacon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jShazBot View Post
    Wait, so how are you gonna play it?

Kinda like this.

Now that that's done, I might have to play the game by myself first since my router is dead. After the weekend is up though my buddy and I are gonna tackle the story together over Xbox Live.
    Last edited by SpikeOtacon; Mar 12, 2009 at 08:12 PM.

She's a summer love in the spring, fall and winter