Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Ok this is getting out of hand. I have locked 7 threads in the past 4 hours in relations to PK's and how-to's.

If anyone posts the real tech to PK they will be banned instantly. This will not be condoned or tolerated on these boards. If you want codes go somewhere else.

I have never cheated so I have a right to say that I will not tolerate the advocating of cheating on these boards by posting the PK tech.

I would rather have 500 lamers who know how than 5000.
    Playing as Keahi on Phantasy Star Portable 2 - US Version.

Actually, considering the way it's done, it seems legit. Like the Sonic Team put it in there on purpose. *shrug*

PSO Assassin

sticking your head in the sand isnt going to make it go away. The best way to approach something like this is by understanding how it works. Either to find a way to prevent it from happening to yourself, or by giving the average pk'er the fear of god. Why run around indiscriminately killing people if all of them can kill you too? and just for the record its not cheating, you dont use a game shark, and it seems to me like it was put in on purpose.

Monkeys are really Chimps in disguise.

Do you really thing Sonic Team would spend all their time to make a co-op game, just to include a small little trick that few would know how to do? A trick that would kill you instantly giving you no warning whatsoever and no chance to defend yourself? If they ment to put this in, they would've made a mode where you actually fight, not a game where some kiddie comes in and kills everyone.

The original Drunk FOmarl

Yeah, it seems more like a glitch than an intended "easter egg". But still, exploiting a glitch isn't "cheating" per se.

Too bad there's no freedom of information act on PSO. Haha. Seriously though, perhaps the best solution for this problem is getting the info out there to the general public. Once the "I know how to do something and you don't" thrill is taken away from the casual PK'er, and everyone knows how to PK, the random PKs will cease (or at least dwindle down). Censoring posts isn't going to help the problem any more/less than getting the information out there. It's not like I care anyway, I've got a droid and can't cast resta.

PSO Assassin

On 2001-03-27 17:49, Maverick wrote:
    Yeah, it seems more like a glitch than an intended "easter egg". But still, exploiting a glitch isn't "cheating" per se.

Too bad there's no freedom of information act on PSO. Haha. Seriously though, perhaps the best solution for this problem is getting the info out there to the general public. Once the "I know how to do something and you don't" thrill is taken away from the casual PK'er, and everyone knows how to PK, the random PKs will cease (or at least dwindle down). Censoring posts isn't going to help the problem any more/less than getting the information out there. It's not like I care anyway, I've got a droid and can't cast resta.
    thats what Im sayin. the sooner we all know the sooner it will become passe. and we should at least be able to fight back. Its pretty sucky how some of the people at this place act like their opinion is the only one that matters.

Veteran Fighter

GO AMBRAI!!!

It's about damn time.

You know, I'd jump on Amb. for not doing this sooner, but if it hadn't been for all of you uber-weiners out there jumping his ass for being "despotic" and "draconian," this would have happened long ago.

In short: Ambrai rules, Uber-weiners most obviously don't.

god help anyone that really thinks it will stop when everyone knows...
    i'll try not to laugh at you, but i won't make any promises...

PSO Assassin

Flame warning 1

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: Ambrai on 2001-03-28 08:17 ]</font>

There are a few reason's I think the PK thing was included on purpose. Maybe some guy working on it slipped it in without the rest of the team knowing about it, but I'm pretty sure it was put there on purpose. I'd give a few reasons, but alas I cannot, for I would be banned.

As far as making the PK trick public, I see no problem with that. If I was playing with someone who wished to PK me, I'd just as soon have him do it so I know who I'm dealing with.

PKing is really not that much different from stealing, it just speeds up the process a little. I think everyone is just going to have to cope with the existance of PKing, and accept as part of the game. People who PK are the same as the assholes who steal or horde items. I don't think it's any worse. Getting PKed is annoying at worst. No worse than dying at the hands of a monster. It's what he does afterwards (steal or whatever) that's the real problem.

Everyone has this idea that dying is the worst thing that can happen to you when it really isn't. The game doesn't punish you for dying. It just gives others the chance to.