Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Yeah, I read that before it was posted in the psupedia. I also read that the next days the game was released:

Quote Originally Posted by Tummai View Post
    At the Christmas party that Sega had to launch PSZ, there was a question and answer session. One question asked was "Is there any connection/relation (story-wise) between Phantasy Star Zero and older Phantasy Star games?" to which Sakai answered:

"We announced before that there was no connection between PSZ and the other PS games, but... if you do the quests after you finish the game, and read the story text carefully, I think you will discover that there is some relationship there."

What do you think?

Source
    And then some people confirmed this:

Quote Originally Posted by sodandy View Post
    Apparently according to some script in one of the later quests:
    The name of the planet PS Zero takes place on is Coral, the war-torn homeworld that Pioneer 1 and Pioneer 2 left in search of a new home (and found Ragol). Thus making PS Zero a prequel to PSO.

I cant read Japanese so I dont know firsthand but thats what someone said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aki_Yoruno View Post
    sodandy, you beat me to it. Just finished that quest last night! I was way shocked when I read it! I was like no way! Freak yeah! Alright, everyone, think about it... PS0 is based totally on PSO, right? Sega even said they made it to appeal to PSO fans. And PS0, the ZERO, implies a prequel, don't you think? There's more interesting info in that quest, but I'll let you all find out when the Eng. version comes out. Dang, I'm impressed with this game. Not as much as PSO, but still impressed.
    I just don't think it's a prequel, but a sequel that takes place in the original home world.

A Worshipped Godly FOmar Quintus_The_Force's Avatar
    With Red Ring Rico In Episode 1 Ultimate Mode End Credits Hittin The Bong In My Icon and Makin Love

Quote Originally Posted by landman View Post
    It's provably the same Earth, but yet, we don't know WHEN does this connection occur. We could say there is a connection, since there are humans in all of them, and humans come from Earth or wherever else they come, but yet we don't know when this connection takes place, it could be millennia before OR after.

The classic end that connects with Earth is PSIII, not 4, and it connects with somewhat of a "present" Earth.

PSŲ IS connected to PSO, it is said in the game, and it was confirmed by Sonic Team after the release of the game. Check Gemel link. But this Zero is not the origin of the entire saga, it's just the origin of PSO, not in time, but in place.
    yup your right, after I posted my comment I was like Doh! I put 4 and not 3, im glad your here to atleast confirm that, and thank you for not writing off so quickly that its not the same Earth like PSOfan219..

@ Gemel, thanks for the link man, its appreciated *reads*

@ Neired... my post count being low is meaningless, I have thousands of posts @ IGN a more reputable (not saying their better) site, I was hoping to maybe fit in here, but I guess no A-Holes allowed eh?

My point being was, outside of the connected games, Ocarina/Majora is not in anyway connected to... say windwaker/phantom.

Anywho, I despise mindless bantering like this so I have no idea why I got involved anyway. Not to mention the fact that the first PS game I played was PSO:GC and I probably didn't even break 1k hrs on that. Maybe 500 hrs.... so yes, my knowledge of the story is limited, not that I ever payed attention anyway.

But yes, Segac is known to having false promises and deliberately lying to us on many occasions, so why is is such a controversy about whether the PS games are all connected or not? I really don't care as PSO never had much of a story in the first place. Perhaps I'll track down PS Classic for GBA and play through them to better educate myself. (this is what I get for being D&D nerd and reading too much on Cormyrian lore...)
    Kao Ichihara, Protranser Extraordinaire (PC/PS2--Retired)
    Human M - Lv 150 - 20 PT

With Red Ring Rico In Episode 1 Ultimate Mode End Credits Hittin The Bong In My Icon and Makin Love

Quote Originally Posted by Musekaze View Post
    My point being was, outside of the connected games, Ocarina/Majora is not in anyway connected to... say windwaker/phantom.

Anywho, I despise mindless bantering like this so I have no idea why I got involved anyway. Not to mention the fact that the first PS game I played was PSO:GC and I probably didn't even break 1k hrs on that. Maybe 500 hrs.... so yes, my knowledge of the story is limited, not that I ever payed attention anyway.

But yes, Segac is known to having false promises and deliberately lying to us on many occasions, so why is is such a controversy about whether the PS games are all connected or not? I really don't care as PSO never had much of a story in the first place. Perhaps I'll track down PS Classic for GBA and play through them to better educate myself. (this is what I get for being D&D nerd and reading too much on Cormyrian lore...)
    Heh I see what ur sayin about the Zeldas now lol

Ya know what, this whole thing got started when someone said something like "I hope they make a sequel" and I was like hold on there, kinda funny actually thining about the start of this mess, I dunno how I do it, plus people seem to flock to the chaos and drama on the boards so it gets entertaining to watch...

Ive never played those Online Episodes 3 and 4 wasnt it? The ones on the Crater and like..something else I dunno, (uh oh Crater...moon..crater...moon...Zero? JK) and I never played Universe or Portable, so Theres alot I dont know aswell...

So how do you register friends or WUL (IGN) people on here? What board do you guys post at most cuz this ones kinda slow? Is there a community board here?

Quote Originally Posted by Musekaze View Post

Actually,...Windwaker is connected with Ocarina of Time. And PSO had a decent story, but you had to do quests to get all of it.

I wouldn't be suprised to see that Zero is tied into other Phantasy Stars, albeit in a convoluted or hidden manner. You guys (not saying all of you) need to stop being so close minded on a particular opinion. Have your opinion, but be open to say that the other argument may possibly be right.

And quit fighting and picking inane things to fight with each other over! (ie: post count, hours, etc.) *You know who I'm talking to...*
    Next Red Box is mine! Either that or i eAt yoUR sOUl!
    Wait. We each get one now? Then give me yours. I know I got one! Give me yours anyway!

Well, I can see where anybody would think that this is a prequel to Phantasy Star for the Master System with the name Zero. I've discussed the linkage between the original PS series and PSO in this thread: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/show...=157478&page=3

Though I know Sega says that this game isn't linked, some people (like myself) may try to connect them. Here are a couple possibilities that I see (keep in mind that I am waiting for the English release, so this is highly unproven but a theory based on the PS timeline, what I discussed in the thread above, and what is known about Earth in the Phantasy Star story.

If it is a prequel to Phantasy Star, it would most likely actually take place during the same time-frame as Phantasy Star and before Phantasy Star II.
    Spoiler!

If this is a sequel to PSO, I'd have to wait until the english release to piece it together. The gameplay seems similar to PSO and they even use the same names as PSO like Human, CASTS, and Newman (in the original PS series, CASTS were either Cyborgs (PS3) or Androids (PS4) (though there were robots in PS1 and PS2, but they really didn't have independent thinking like the later models).

I'm probably leaning towards this being a sequel to PSO or its own independent franchise (much like PSO and PSU, but this is PSZ), but I will know for sure when I play it for myself. If Sega was really going to make a prequel to the original Phantasy Star series (which I believe held the best storyline out of all the PS games) they'd connect Algo into it somehow... but the thing is, most if not all of the Algo Saga's holes have been filled (since you do find out of Algo's Genesis, where Dark Force/Falz comes from, and other things), so why continue onto it unless you make a sequel to Phantasy Star IV. In reality though, I believe that the original PS series doesn't need a prequel... it would just raise up too many more questions.

That was awesome Starbird! Point and match right there, I think I can say its not a prequel like I originaly thought, and I like what Landman said about the Earth in Zero, its point of origin in place not time..

Dang its like 11pm or something where im at and ive been gettin blazed all day and im freakin tired *yawns*

Celestial Knight of Azure Flames zandra117's Avatar
    My soul is in Gurhal while my heart is on Ragol

WARNING MAJOR PLOT SPOILERS FOR PHANTASY STAR ZERO BELOW
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by zandra117; May 2, 2009 at 06:40 PM.

Thanks for the explanation, I played the whole game in Japanese and couldn't get all those details.

Dang it Zandra117, im on DSi so I cant like highlight that to make it visible

Anything you can do? Its much appreciated if so