Default JP/US compatability?

Just curious if anyone would know the compatability of the JP PS0 and US PS0 and my brother is insisting on importing the game for the simple pleasure of playing it in japanese, while I plan on waiting for the November US release.

Judging by the fact that I've played with people from Japan on other DS WiFi games, will PS0 be the same, friend-code, wifi, or local play?
    Kao Ichihara, Protranser Extraordinaire (PC/PS2--Retired)
    Human M - Lv 150 - 20 PT

I'm curious about this myself and also does anyone know if save files are universal? I just picked up the game yesterday and so far I have to say I am really impressed. My only gripe is it's not Lefty friendly (left handed players)... meaning there is no point in left handed players using the stylus hahahahaha. It's to awkward to hold it between your fingers and then use your thumb to move around.

Any way I'm only teasing as that's a small price to pay for what looks like a really awesome game. I already like it 100 times more than PSU and will probably play this on a daily basis when it comes state side.

I give it a 9... I would give it a 10 if I could read JP and if the DS had a little analog stick like PSP. Movement with the D-pad feels really weird so it will take some getting used too.

Sorry for the rambling... but if anyone can tell me if DS save files are universal that would be great. I know nothing about the DS since I only bought it 9 days ago just for PSO: Zero.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Konjou View Post
    I'm curious about this myself and also does anyone know if save files are universal? I just picked up the game yesterday and so far I have to say I am really impressed. My only gripe is it's not Lefty friendly (left handed players)... meaning there is no point in left handed players using the stylus hahahahaha. It's to awkward to hold it between your fingers and then use your thumb to move around.

Any way I'm only teasing as that's a small price to pay for what looks like a really awesome game. I already like it 100 times more than PSU and will probably play this on a daily basis when it comes state side.

I give it a 9... I would give it a 10 if I could read JP and if the DS had a little analog stick like PSP. Movement with the D-pad feels really weird so it will take some getting used too.

Sorry for the rambling... but if anyone can tell me if DS save files are universal that would be great. I know nothing about the DS since I only bought it 9 days ago just for PSO: Zero.

Thanks!
    DS save files are saved to the actual game card not the DS. Basically to answer unlike PSP, the DS itself cant transfer save files as they're on the actual game card meaning if you were to buy the US//EU version of the game you'd have to start over as the save file is on the JP game card not than the DS.

There could be a way out there to get past the problem but...I've no clue it's not something I've ever looked into.
    "The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh."

Considering that both FF:CC Echoes of Time, and Dungeon Explorer both are compatible with their JP versions, I see no reason that PSZ wouldnt be.
    Illustrator! Pixel Artist!:

Hey thinks for the info. I had no idea it saves your game to the cartridge. Well that blows... I guess I'll be starting up a new character when the U.S. version comes out or hope for the best in terms of some way to extract and convert the data.

I'm loving the game man and online works surprising well. I'm still having a hard time with the D-pad controls though. The character always feels like he is leaning on an angle.

Sweet. I can't wait for this game to gome out in the US. Though I may have to invest in a DSi, if not at least a new DS. My L-button is mostly shot from all the hours of playing Metroid Prime: Hunters and I can only get it to work for a few minutes after blowing on it... very hard...and then it only works at a certain angle. and I think my R-button is on the way there.
    Kao Ichihara, Protranser Extraordinaire (PC/PS2--Retired)
    Human M - Lv 150 - 20 PT