Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by psofan219 View Post
    Well, that's your problem. You were using RA-level techs, when your basic spells would've done much better. But, you beat him, and if it was your first, do what I did and do a celebration jig

I'm serious. He nearly kicked my ass the very first time I fought him. I was happy when I kiled him.
    So are you saying I should have used the normal versions...not the 3rd higher TP versions of those techs? I could have cast 3x as many techs had I done that!

Yea, that was my first time beating him. I have played the game on and off with like 4 different characters on Xbox and Gamecube over the last six years but never beat him or the last boss on Episode II.

Good Ol' Olga. You'll find that Olga Flow is a bit more of a challenge than Dark Faltz. I won't spoil it though.

i know you're probably new to game but... how did you burn through 9 scape dolls?!
    even at lvl 21 my FOnewearel had enough hp to just survive and heal herself before ever dieing (well i might have died 2-3 times) (and probably with a /hp unit, but still)

im not meaning to be rude or anything just wondering. it should have been possible to heal yourself to survive the next attack before dieing, unless it killed you in one hit or you werent healing yourself fully. I always make sure my characters are fully healed because you never know what you're going to get hit with (especially once you reach ultimate, with the critical hits and amazing damage of some of those enemies)

Quote Originally Posted by iHateViridia View Post
    i know you're probably new to game but... how did you burn through 9 scape dolls?!
    even at lvl 21 my FOnewearel had enough hp to just survive and heal herself before ever dieing (well i might have died 2-3 times) (and probably with a /hp unit, but still)
    FOnewearel's have high Attack & HP.

FOmars have low Attack & HP.

There is a HUGE difference in soloing with a character like yours and character like mine.

Most strategy-guides and players consider the FOmar to be one of if not thee most difficult characters to solo with in PSO.

Quote Originally Posted by Frog View Post

There is a HUGE difference in soloing with a character like yours and character like mine.

Most strategy-guides and players consider the FOmar to be one of if not thee most difficult characters to solo with in PSO.
    While you are probably correct, using 9 Scape Dolls is quite surprising.

I play FOmar myself, and about a month or two ago I started from scratch, new char, new items nothing transfered and...without counting materials I was able to beat Falz at lv25 without any HP slots etc. There is a difference yes but at Normal I dont think it's very evident.

Ultimately there probably is a very thing you could improve on, basic techniques will do wonders in fact I still used them on Falz on Very Hard (Minus the Darvants I used RA). Practice makes perfect though and besides it was your first time killing him correct? I'm sure if you tried fighting him again today it'd be a completely different story.
    Last edited by Greyman; May 10, 2009 at 03:13 PM.
    "The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh."

Quote Originally Posted by Frog View Post

Not trying to be rude at all or anything, but you're thinking of MST, which the FOnewearl beats all other FO's on. FOmar trumps her in ATP/HP/ATA. Between the two of them though, the FOnewearl wins at every other stat.

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.ph...icle&artid=921

LV200 FO stat comparison guides. I know that these were made when the characters were at LV200, but it still gives you a basic idea of where each character ranks in what stat.
    Last edited by psofan219; May 10, 2009 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyman View Post
    While you are probably correct, using 9 Scape Dolls is quite surprising.

I play FOmar myself, and about a month or two ago I started from scratch, new char, new items nothing transfered and...without counting materials I was able to beat Falz at lv25 without any HP slots etc. There is a difference yes but at Normal I dont think it's very evident.

Ultimately there probably is a very thing you could improve on, basic techniques will do wonders in fact I still used them on Falz on Very Hard (Minus the Darvants I used RA). Practice makes perfect though and besides it was your first time killing him correct? I'm sure if you tried fighting him again today it'd be a completely different story.
    Yea it was my first time killing him. I think I'll try my lower techs as they are all pretty high level instead of the higher techs that are lower levels. The lower techs burn 1/3 the TP. I could have had a much easier time against Falz had I done that. lol

First time I fought Olga Flow, I used 11 of the 13 Scape Dolls with me. PSO vets should (and better) know why. I was a HUcast at the time, and didn't come with a gun (played through the Seaside area using a gun, but deposited it before I fought Flow. Didn't know having one would make the fight easier...)
    Last edited by psofan219; May 10, 2009 at 07:56 PM.

The Club of Laconium, Mace of Adaman, and Club of Zumiuran actually boost Foie / Barta / Zonde by 40%, not 30%.

As a FOmar at a low level, your HP growth is basically the same as a FOnewearl at that level, In most cases a FOnewearl has a better chance of survival than a FOmar since the FOnewearl is more effective with her techs, making her less likely to be harmed. Where even though FOmar has more ATP, the ATA is terrible, which means until you have hit % weapons, melee isn't a good option.
    You're most likely going to have to rely on techs for a good while until you have a nice mag with decent portion of Dex (or substitute with Arm units, however, I'd rather have Dex than waste a unit).

First priority will be getting the common rare canes that boost tech damage.
    This would be Club of Laconium (+40% to foie), Mace of Adaman (+40% to barta), Club of Zum (+40% to zonde), Fire Scepter (+20% to all foie-based techs), Ice Staff (+20% to all barta-based techs), and Storm Wand (+20% to all zonde-based techs).

I would also find it wise to use merges if you can get your hands on them.
    If you're not playing with others, no need for support merges like Resta merge, but attack-tech merges are quite useful.
    Don't worry about your DFP, it doesn't help you at all in comparison to what your Jellen can do for you. Your EVP isn't really great either, so trying to boost it to a mediocre level doesn't compensate to the effectiveness you could be getting from higher attack tech damage. However, there are times where your resistances could use a boost, so depending on the area, using a barrier with the elemental resistance you need could prove more useful than using a merge (not often though, especially offline).

It's hard at first for FOmar, but he gets to be quite the little solo pro with the right combination of tech levels, equipment, and material usage.
    Go for HP, ATP, MST, and LUCK mats. Stay away from Defense and Evade mats.

You can practically max out a FOmar, so why not just do that? I have a plan I'm gonna follow with a FOmar that will allow me to max all stats except for LCK (I don't think it's really neccesary on a FO, since more-than-likely their techs will do more damage than a critcal with a weapon. Kinda pointless than if you ask me). Yes, I do know that a Melee FO come as a double threat to the enemy, but I'm just saying that I don't think that LCK is really much too needed on one. So long as MST and any other vital stats are maxed, you're fine. And besides, if you have DFP maxed, and combine that with a J/D LV30, you'll less damage than you would if you just left DFP alone (not much, yes, but let's face it, that damage you could've saved by raising your DFP can ruin you). I'm also aware that most attacks that do massive damage are set as well, but I'm talking about attacks that aren't set here. And plus, with stat maxed (or whatever stats you want maxed), you can equip units like God/HP (4 will give you an extra 320 HP!), or, some /Technique units to further boost your technique levels). FO's in general are challenging to use due to their low DFP values, so as Special K said, they are better left unavoided, but since you can use 250 Materials (and do plan on using a MAG, right?), you might as well just boost DFP to the max to get it's uses anyways, right? You can't say I'm wrong here, because it'll only help in the end. Actually, EVP you could probably do without, so you could max out LCK, then just put whatever remains on EVP, after using all other materials first. Your ATA and ATP both can be maxed out by your MAG I think. I'll have to look later, as I don't know where my paper is that has my FOmar plan on it.

EDIT: I've gathered some info on FOmar and FOnewearl, since both are in this thread. The FOmar was the main focus, just thought I'd also include the FOnewearl to be nice to her, so her info is more-so a comparison I guess. Here it is:

Quote Originally Posted by Special K View Post
    All of the following information applies directly to GC/Xbox/BB versions of PSO.

Forces:

FOmar:
    FOmar HP: 1175
    FOmar ATP: (1002 / 753) 249
    FOmar DFP: (470 / 321) 149
    FOmar MST: (1340 / 990) 350
    FOmar ATA: [163 / 138] 25
    FOmar EVP: (651 / 551) 100

Stat ranking:
    FOmar HP: 11
    FOmar ATP: 9/8
    FOmar DFP: 10/12
    FOmar MST: 3/3
    FOmar ATA: 12/10
    FOmar EVP: 11/10

Technique Level Cap:
    Attack Techniques: Foie, Barta, Zonde, Gifoie, Gibarta, Gizonde, Rafoie, Rabarta, Razonde, Grants, and Megid up to Lv.30
    Support Techniques: Resta, Shifta, Deband, Jellen, and Zalure up to Lv.30 ; Anti 7 ; Ryuker ; Reverser

FOmar has double Shifta/Deband range
    FOmar's damage when using Gifoie, Gizonde, Gibarta, and Grants is 130% of normal.

Material Usage:
    HP: 125
    TP: 125
    Power / Defense / Mind / Evade / Luck: 250 (total combined)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

FOnewearl:
    FOnewearl HP: 1148
    FOnewearl ATP: (583 / 483) 100
    FOnewearl DFP: (390 / 334) 56
    FOnewearl MST: (1750 / 1200) 550
    FOnewearl ATA: (186 / 133) 53
    FOnewearl EVP: (883 / 735) 148

Stat ranking:
    FOnewearl HP: 12
    FOnewearl ATP: 12/12
    FOnewearl DFP: 12/11
    FOnewearl MST: 1/1
    FOnewearl ATA: 9/11
    FOnewearl EVP: 3/3

Technique Level Cap:
    Attack Techniques: Foie, Barta, Zonde, Gifoie, Gibarta, Gizonde, Rafoie, Rabarta, Razonde, Grants, and Megid up to Lv.30
    Support Techniques: Resta, Shifta, Deband, Jellen, and Zalure up to Lv.30 ; Anti 7 ; Ryuker ; Reverser

FOnewearl has double Resta/Anti range
    FOnewearl's damage with Foie, Barta, and Zonde are 130% of normal
    FOnewearl's Megid pierces through targets naturally

Material Usage:
    HP: 125
    TP: 125
    Power / Defense / Mind / Evade / Luck: 150 (total combined)
    Okay, so maybe JUST the MAG won't cover your ATP needs, but there's no need to go and use all your materials for just one stat. Just make sure to look over the info here, this way, you know you're getting the most potential out of your character (I provided the other one so you could see their stats in comparison to your characters stats).
    Last edited by psofan219; May 10, 2009 at 11:13 PM.