Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 162324252627 LastLast

The number of users is irrelevant. Servers overheat and crash.

All they owed you (and didn't deliver, by the way) was a notification that the system was down. But as you can see, it wasn't just the PSU servers it was all their systems, so no notification could be sent, which is why chillaura came to THESE boards to alert us of what was happening.

Quote Originally Posted by beatrixkiddo View Post
    Don't you mean roughly a month ago?
    Quote Originally Posted by Oniyoru View Post
    U meant a month n a half ago o.o
    The outage a month ago wasn't Sega's fault, it was their carrier.

I can't remember the last time the servers went down and it was legitimately their fault, as was this time.
    Last edited by pinkace; May 18, 2009 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Halcyote View Post
    It takes three tries to get it to work.
    It took me seven, actually. <_<;

Don't you mean Clumsyorchid? "Chillaura" was a fake account.

Triple_S: Well, at least you got it to work. It took 3 tries for me, and for others around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian677 View Post
    The issues you laid out for WoW were due to overpopulation. You're comparing apples to oranges. I imagine Blizzard prepared for the expansion and the spike in activity as best they could. In this particular case, it appears SoA was not in the least bit prepared for AC failure. As stated, for something so vital, I'm definitely disappointed. People are still having trouble logging on, items and experience are missing, and SoA's response is underwhelming. Should we be happy with the situation? Do you feel SoA was prepared and responded as best they could? Keep in mind we are regular paying customers. They aren't doing us any favors for which they aren't compensated.
    It's hardly "apples to oranges," as Blizzard should have been prepared far in advance for their expansion considering how much time they had to plan in advance (not to mention money) just as Sega should have had backup servers in place (or some other precautionary measure). So don't give me a logically fallacious argument here -- Blizzard was quite unprepared given the circumstances and finances available to them, and I feel that they are just as culpable for their problems as Sega is for PSU's issues.

You didn't even address the other games I mentioned, but since you want to play selective circumstances here, have you ever played EQ2 or SWG? A few months back, the login servers were crashing on a daily basis over the course of several days, and these outage periods could last upwards of several hours depending on the time they crashed (i.e. if the maintenance crew was available). In fact, one day, the servers crashed after midnight, and we didn't have any communication regarding the issue until SOE's offices opened again in the morning.

And, incidentally, SE didn't post a notice regarding the registration server issues for FFXI until DAYS after the problem occurred, so how are they any better than Sega?

I never vindicated Sega's negligence (which is the best word for the situation), as you seemed to insinuate; however, I am pointing out that other games are not without these issues, either.

But since you don't seem to get it, as you pointed out, you and I are paying customers, and our most potent weapon is our monthly subscription fee. Don't like it? Do what I did to SOE and Square-Enix and cancel your subscription.
    Last edited by misstigress; May 18, 2009 at 03:00 PM.

When you care to provide the details of FFXI's failures, I'll comment on that particular situation. You stated the specific issues with WoW, allowing me to suggest that your argument is without merit. There is only so much that can be done to prepare for a traffic jam. Have you ever driven through heavy traffic on the freeway? How do you feel when it is caused by a massive accident or a huge event? What if the same traffic was caused for ten hours because a tree fell over and the city flubbed the recovery process? I've stated multiple times that I am not upset with the actual crashing of the servers, but the reaction. You can bring up 10,000 examples of login servers crashing, but I won't know the specifics of those situations unless you provide them. I'm merely speaking from my own experience.

Is their anybody who is playing the demo that can't get on? I've been trying to play for 5 hours with no success, and nothing I try works! Also, I can't get to the PSU website!
    Last edited by BFP13; May 18, 2009 at 03:06 PM.

I hope the compensation is NOT another extra week of STD lol an extra week of rewards could be cool thou

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian677 View Post
    When you care to provide the details of FFXI's failures, I'll comment on that particular situation.
    In my first post, I said to Google USC-60257, but allow me to provide you with a few links regarding the issue, just the same, since you seem to be unwilling to do that (although I probably shouldn't). Try here, here, or here. I can also dig up the SWG/EQ2 login server crash threads if you can't figure out how/where to browse for the information, but that will take a few minutes.

(EDIT: Here's another link regarding the FFXI issue.)

Regarding a traffic jam, WoW takes place in virtual reality last time I checked, so that argument is irrelevant, as is the felling of a tree, or any other real life circumstance. Just as Sega could have had backup servers in place, so too could Blizzard have invested in some sort of precautionary measure given (let me repeat myself for the umpteenth time) the amount of resources they have at their fingertips.

(EDIT: Here's a link to the SWG support forum -- just browse all of the threads regarding the login server crashing; if you browse the next few pages, you'll see that the servers crashed multiple times over a period of several days. If you want the EQ2 pages, go search for yourself as I think I've provided sufficient information when I simply should have just posted the Google link instead.)
    Last edited by misstigress; May 18, 2009 at 03:31 PM.

Something is being lost in translation here. I don't want to click external links. Can't you provide a quick synopsis of the cause for the issues you've had with FFXI? As for WoW's virtual existence, the game still runs off of real world hardware. The servers have limitations. The analogy is valid. If the server were to get crushed in an earthquake or suffer damage from a fire, a lengthy repair would be acceptable. An overflow of traffic causing lag and login issues is acceptable. In other words, certain circumstances for server failures are valid. However, this situation is not such a case in my mind. The reaction to the problem was not up to par.

While it's entertaining to refer to to other games' crashes & server problems, let's try to stay on topic & don't get too carried away. Things break that why they are fixed & replaced. Again, stay on topic, guys.
    Blink & you might miss it! ;3

Oh, keep sig at 600x180 px & 49KB, yah?