Thread: Two Stories

Default Two Stories

Hey.

I'm not really sure how these short stories (~1,950 and ~1,870 words, respectively) will be received by the PSO boards, but I figured I'd give it a go anyway. What's the worst that could happen?

I've been reading a lot of J.D. Salinger's short stories recently and wanted to try doing a small body of work in a style roughly similar to his. There are some very direct references to Franny and Zooey as well as as few others, and the second piece is very roughly based on the lyrics of one of the songs from dredg's beautiful new album, "The Pariah, The Parrot, The Delusion." Happy reading--comments appreciated!

"Higher Education"
    Spoiler!

"Distance"
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by CupOfCoffee; May 18, 2009 at 07:53 PM.

I liked the first one already, will read the next one tomorrow morning in the train. Short stories are the perfect entertainment during those 40 minutes I usually waste, while idling in the train

Ha, I agree--commuting time is just lame any way you slice it. Although I'm kinda jealous you get to ride an actual train. I'm sure it's just as boring as doing anything else once the novelty wears off, but you know.

Also, I think the second story is overall better than the first one, so hopefully you'll not be let down!

Well, aren't those stories something? Quite interesting to say the least.

They kept me entertained whilst waitng for my boring college class to get over.
    The soon-to-be Steel-type Gym Leader of Ace Trainers United, FC will come along soon.

It was no letdown indeed. The interaction between Marion and Arthur is quite brilliant.

Riding trains is no fun at all... it's boring as hell.. especially dutch trains that don't go much faster then 140KM/h and the boring flat landscape you see when looking out of the window. The nice part about trains is that you can do stuff while traveling.